Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Nov 2003, 02:52 (Ref:778380)   #1
Don Peppino
Rookie

Don Peppino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose and Ingall

Is it true that the officials are looking into Race 3 where Ingall was playing push and shove for Ambrose to go up the ladder and that fact Ingall was possibly involved in the Canto incident. Anyone got any news or is this bull ****????

Don Peppino
The sauce knows...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:35 (Ref:778387)   #2
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Dave HRT Moy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Ambrose and Ingall

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Peppino
Is it true that the officials are looking into Race 3 where Ingall was playing push and shove for Ambrose to go up the ladder and that fact Ingall was possibly involved in the Canto incident. Anyone got any news or is this bull ****????

Don Peppino
The sauce knows...
As opposed to Ingall turning Steve Richards around in race one and getting away with it?

Like I said earlier, some of Ingall's passes were very good driving, others were simply biff and barg and hardly very proffessional.

Especially when you heard the SBR radio chat that asked Ambrose to move over "and give Russell a crack at em;"

Now if HRT had done the same......Boy, you'd have every server to every motorsport site in Australia clogged with protest posts...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:46 (Ref:778390)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How did BJ go after nerfing Rusty into the fence? Drive thru perhaps?? Or not!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:24 (Ref:778412)   #4
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that what happend last year when Murf was asked to get out of the way for Skaife to have a crack at Ambrose Dave? I honestly don't remember.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:37 (Ref:778418)   #5
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Conrod Kieron
Is that what happend last year when Murf was asked to get out of the way for Skaife to have a crack at Ambrose Dave? I honestly don't remember.
Yeah, but Skaife was having a go and racing for the title, not hiding behind his "big brother" teammate and following him through on his coat tails...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:42 (Ref:778420)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets be honest here, if LP was the one who was a bit of a wood duck at the weekend, and Rusty had to do the same for him, do you think he would have done so??

Somehow I doubt it... Rusty seems to have found a happy home...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:46 (Ref:778422)   #7
six
Rookie

Australia
six should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave HRT Moy
Yeah, but Skaife was having a go and racing for the title, not hiding behind his "big brother" teammate and following him through on his coat tails...
Big call given Skaife basically doubled everybody elses point last year i can't remember it ever being that close that Skaife needed that extra help along.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:48 (Ref:778424)   #8
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is kind of the HRT policy in reverse isn't it,back when you had two HRT cars that were a chance at a race win,yes I know it has been a few years but some of you must remember.The cars would get the jump on the field ,sprint off on high tyre pressures and then cruise the rest whilst the others squabbled amonst them selves,never did the two cars race as they would have to finish in the order in which they entered turn 1 lap one the 2nd place car protecting the front car,unless passed in pitlane.Much better to watch and you could go to the food van and not miss a pass for the lead

Skaife is a true racer but,even when Bright was trying to secure 2nd in the championship MS eased him off onto the grass,with the tittle in the bag,team player???????

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:53 (Ref:778426)   #9
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
It is kind of the HRT policy in reverse isn't it,back when you had two HRT cars that were a chance at a race win,yes I know it has been a few years but some of you must remember.The cars would get the jump on the field ,sprint off on high tyre pressures and then cruise the rest whilst the others squabbled amonst them selves,never did the two cars race as they would have to finish in the order in which they entered turn 1 lap one the 2nd place car protecting the front car,unless passed in pitlane.Much better to watch and you could go to the food van and not miss a pass for the lead

Skaife is a true racer but,even when Bright was trying to secure 2nd in the championship MS eased him off onto the grass,with the tittle in the bag,team player???????
Your view, I suppose. I'd say, Skaife races to win. I'll take that any day over following someone else around because you're too afraid to "race" people.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:58 (Ref:778429)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

So you genuinly believe that MS was doing his absolute best to win every race when Lownes beat him in the championship in 99??? I wouldn't be so sure.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 10 Nov 2003, 05:03 (Ref:778430)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was stange that the HRT drivers would win all 3 races, with 2 wins going to one driver, and the other to the second driver. Hrmmm...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 05:17 (Ref:778432)   #12
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
It was stange that the HRT drivers would win all 3 races, with 2 wins going to one driver, and the other to the second driver. Hrmmm...
Like I've said about seven times now, I don't have a problem with teammates helping each other out in terms of letting the other go by.

I do have a problem with one playing "linebacker" for the other and for any driver that expects other teams to simply roll over and let him through.

In my view there's a big difference between that and what you claim HRT did.

That's my view...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 07:31 (Ref:778479)   #13
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Ambrose and Ingall

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave HRT Moy
As opposed to Ingall turning Steve Richards around in race one and getting away with it?

Like I said earlier, some of Ingall's passes were very good driving, others were simply biff and barg and hardly very proffessional.

Especially when you heard the SBR radio chat that asked Ambrose to move over "and give Russell a crack at em;"

Now if HRT had done the same......Boy, you'd have every server to every motorsport site in Australia clogged with protest posts...

Um, Dave, HRT did the same last year at Sandown where Bright proved to be too slow and was asked to move aside so Skaife could pressure Ambrose.

Your saving grace this time (granted ) was that Skaife had the title already and it was "only a race meeting to play for but still, hardly small beer. What's good for the goose...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 Nov 2003, 07:40 (Ref:778486)   #14
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like team orders much in any way shape or form...

I just feel really sorry for Russell, he's the one who did all the hard work yesterday, and Ambrose is the one to benefit...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:30 (Ref:778601)   #15
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put yourself in Ingalls shoes, he was out of championship running in r3, couldn't get a major placing so he would have been only to happy to help his team, no need to feel sorry for him at all.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:35 (Ref:778605)   #16
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite basically once Ingalls championship hopes went pear shaped in N.Z. he then had to drive for the team which is what he did.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:36 (Ref:778608)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I reckon it shows the character of R.Ingall myself... there are few second drivers in 2 car teams with the outright speed and racecraft that could have led their labouring teammate thru the murk as he did.

There are some bloody quick drivers in the field, not all can scythe their way thru traffic like Rusty managed
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:10 (Ref:778642)   #18
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I reckon it shows the character of R.Ingall myself... there are few second drivers in 2 car teams with the outright speed and racecraft that could have led their labouring teammate thru the murk as he did.

There are some bloody quick drivers in the field, not all can scythe their way thru traffic like Rusty managed
i don't think SBR class Russell as a 2nd drive
more like = 1st
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:16 (Ref:778648)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Equal in all things, but second in that there are 2 cars, so one of them has to be in the second car....
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:18 (Ref:778650)   #20
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well ambrose could be the second car
but only 1 caltex car and 1 pirtek car
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:20 (Ref:778652)   #21
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as SBR & the championship go Ambrose is now number 1 & Ingall number 2.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 13:53 (Ref:778841)   #22
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still don't like it... why should Ambrose gain anything from Ingall's driving? The championship is an individual crown, not a team one! Letting him through is one thing, but acting as the battering ram I still say is downright unsporting.

Ambrose should do it on his own if he wants to win. I hope Russell is able to drive far enough ahead of him at Eastern Creek to race his own race.

Last edited by Wizzby; 10 Nov 2003 at 13:53.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 14:59 (Ref:778891)   #23
Wheels
Rookie

Australia
NSW South Coast
Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So say, so say. Is this a team order thread or a Devil Racer v. Enforcer thread? Or a Skaife thread? Or a what thread??? Original Q has not been addressed. Anyone?????????????.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 22:03 (Ref:779236)   #24
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Wizzby
I still don't like it... why should Ambrose gain anything from Ingall's driving? The championship is an individual crown, not a team one!

Like it or not the champonship is a team event,the driver whilst important at the top end is of little relevence as you go down the field.
Look at the fortunes of say Paul Radisich over the 8 precceding rounds prior to 888 taking over his average points haul at a round was 104,in the last 4 rounds it has been 160 and even Canto despite 2 poor rounds has gone from 69 points to 87 average,now Deans results could be the result of becomeing more accustome to the car etc and hence gaining a better start position.
This leads to another interesting set of numbers.Prior to the take over Radisich was and average 20th starting position and Canto 22nd Paul had made 20% of the shoot outs and Dean none.Along come 888 and Paul now is an avearge 8.5 on the grid and has made 75% of the shootouts,Dean has leapt to 14th on the grid but with a best of 11th has still failed to srape in to the shoot out.
Now either these to drivers were having a bit of a bludge or the car has got better?? i am thinking that the TEAM is doing a better job and hence the better performance,it is very much a team event and Russel is just one of the members.
SBR win the championship and money flows in,thus allowing both the cars to be developed to a higher level next year
Old 10 Nov 2003, 22:07 (Ref:779242)   #25
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic

Puts to bed some of the notions that he is not a team player.

There isn't much Ingall doesn't know about racecraft, passing and hard grafting your way along. Ambrose would do well to watch and learn.

Maybe that the tables are turning now that Ingall is reaching the end of his first year with the team and has absorbed his new surroundings?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport