Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Nov 2003, 22:39 (Ref:781481)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards Penalties Imposed At Pukekohe

STEWARDS PENALTIES IMPOSED AT THE V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES, ROUND 12, PUKEKOHE, 7-9 NOVEMBER 2003

FRIDAY 7 NOVEMBER
An inquiry was held into an alleged breach of Rules, in that Lansvale Smash Repair Team (car #3) failed to use an incompressible jack stand whilst a crew member was underneath the car. Due to conflicting evidence, a breach of rules could not be established.

SATURDAY 8 NOVEMBER
Following the non-participation of car #75, Anthony Tratt, in the qualifying session, it was determined that car #75 would start Race 1 from the rear of the grid.

Car #10, Mark Larkham, was found to be in breach of Rules in that car #10 failed to undertake a compulsory pit stop during Race 1. Breach was proved by admission and a penalty of car #10 to start from the rear of the grid in Race 2 was imposed.

An inquiry was held into an alleged breach of Rules, that car #17, Steven Johnson, passed car #5, Glenn Seton, under yellow flags during Race 1. The pass was established as a redress of position during a safety car period and the allegation was dismissed.

SUNDAY 9 NOVEMBER
Car #50, Jason Bright, was found to be in breach of Rules, exceeding the pit lane speed limit during the warm-up. A fine of $300 was imposed.

An inquiry was held into an alleged breach of Rules, in that car #4, Marcos Ambrose, passed car #8, Paul Dumbrell, under yellow flags during Race 1. The evidence presented showed that the pass occurred prior to the yellow flag at Flag Point 2 and did not support a breach of the Rules.

An inquiry was held into an incident whereby car #21, Brad Jones, failed to respond to a mechanical black flag signal during Race 3 until the car had completed a total of four laps after initial display. A breach of the Rules was established, however given the number of positions lost by car #21 when the car duly responded to the flag signal, no further penalty was imposed.

An inquiry was held following receipt of a Request for Incident Review from car #3, Cameron McConville, alleging contact between car #3 and car #29, Paul Morris, during Race 3. Evidence supported a breach of careless driving Rule by Paul Morris. A penalty of an official reprimand was imposed.

Car #9, Russell Ingall, was found to be in breach of Rules, following an inquiry held after receipt of a Request for Incident Review from car #17, Steven Johnson. The incident involving car #17 and car #9 was reviewed and the evidence supported a breach of careless driving Rule by Russell Ingall. A penalty of a deduction of 20 Championship Points from Russell Ingall's accumulated total was imposed.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 22:45 (Ref:781487)   #2
harderfaster
Rookie

harderfaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 points off Ingall... that's gotta hurt!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 23:05 (Ref:781513)   #3
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kim has escaped it appears ????
Old 13 Nov 2003, 01:59 (Ref:781577)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So he should. One J Greech escapes from the same situation at every V8 meeting.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:07 (Ref:781595)   #5
Nevermind
Rookie

Nevermind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did larkham not stop at all, or pit outside the window?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:07 (Ref:781596)   #6
HRT #1
Racer

HRT #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting I thought Ingall would of got a time penalty for his careless driving, oh well a 20 point deduction is just as good.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:08 (Ref:781597)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure, but it sounds like a good strategy... run the car without a pitstop and only get bumped to the rear in R2, but keep the championship points
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:14 (Ref:781602)   #8
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a great loophole GTR, I wonder what you get if you don't take you CPS in the final race of the round?
I wonder what the outcome would be if say Ambrose didn't take a CPS in R1 at EC, won the race and started from the back in R2
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:32 (Ref:781610)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems strange for him not to take a pit stop, it surely couldn't just slip his mind. What did he think his pit crew was standing in pit lane for?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:43 (Ref:781614)   #10
RaceTime
Veteran

Exercise?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 03:44 (Ref:781616)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To look after the quick car of J.Bargwanna!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 07:43 (Ref:781720)   #12
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Kim got off, but the description of the meatball incident sounds like a bloody hard back pedal to me!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:01 (Ref:781731)   #13
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick question, does anyone know if the everyone moved up a slot on the grid after Larko was bumped back, or was his spot left vacant?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:02 (Ref:781732)   #14
RaceTime
Veteran

Not sure what did happen,m but the way AVESCO works, they would have shortened the previous race to ensure the grid was moved arund to fill the 'empty grid space'
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:12 (Ref:781740)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Wizzby
Good to see Kim got off, but the description of the meatball incident sounds like a bloody hard back pedal to me!
Think of it this way, if Mr Jones was lined up to be fined for the boring 'bringing the sport into disrepute' angle, and the officials knowingly f&*(ed up, perhaps a compromise was reached, where one particular incident and its outcomes offsets the other to achieve a win-win situation for all.

Stranger things have happened
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:19 (Ref:781746)   #16
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two wrongs don't make a right though... not that I think what Kim did was wrong mind you. I reckon the officials do enough to being the sport into disrepute on their own...
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:21 (Ref:781749)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well it was 3 wrongs actually, BJ ignored the meatball flag too....
Old 16 Nov 2003, 09:11 (Ref:784881)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So tell me, given that Jr complained to the stewards about the nerf from Rusty, and McConville complained to the stewards about a nerf from Morris, is this the way the teams will get issues redressed when they feel they are badly done by??

So Rusty should have complained about BJ nerfing him into the wall at Pukekohe and stuffing his race.

Just as Marcos should have about the PI incidents with Jason Bright

Are the teams having to self-regulate because the stewards cant be bothered????