Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Jun 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2229521)   #1
irxcrossi
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
irxcrossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Admiration for Zanardi..

Have to confess to not getting to see much wtcc but some great racing today. The pictures after the race with the podium celebration really were something else tho... i was delighted to see zanardi have such a good day because of the spirit he has shown but watching him struggle up the steps was hard to watch, even tho he took his fall in such good spirit and got straight back up surely the organsisers shouldnt put him in the position to have to go up steps when they are clearly difficult for him. Zanardi is probably the first person who would say that he doesnt want to be treated differently but i think the organisers should change things so it doesnt happen again.. Great Racing tho, will be making sure i catch more wtcc this year.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2229553)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
incredible man - drove brilliantly today
Old 15 Jun 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2229568)   #3
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classy stuff by Zanardi, alot of poor driving i thought today in the 2nd race. Zanardi however was impeccable. Great drive

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 15 Jun 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2229567)   #4
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, double post - my mistake

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 15 Jun 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2229569)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was pleased to see him make the podium Though as someone above said, although he laughed, it was sad to see him fall.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2229579)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The guy just won and finished second in a pair of world class touring car races - I think he's demonstrated he's more competant than most people.

I think it's safe to say these design of sports podiums probably don't favour the disabled - the fact they're getting there is awesome! Shouting for special treatment and redesigns is a little crazy!?
Old 15 Jun 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2229641)   #7
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Was pleased to see him make the podium Though as someone above said, although he laughed, it was sad to see him fall.
Do agree but the fall summed up how difficult life still is for Alex, really done nothing this year but then pulled this performance in which should keep the doubters away to his ability in WTCC.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2229955)   #8
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic drive in race two, a lot like Mat Jackson at Croft.

Proof, if ever it was needed, that you never lose talent and class.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2230031)   #9
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While not an avid follower of the WTCC, I can say after just watching the second race at Brno last weekend, my admiration level for Zanardi has probably gone up more than any other driver I've watched for a long time.
In such a fierce race, the gentlemen behaviour of Zanardi never got away from him and raced very cleanly compared to some *cough* Muller *cough*
The podium was a sad sight but also made me happy that depsite the loss of his legs, he hasn't lost any of his talent, kindness and humour.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2232304)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius
Fantastic drive in race two, a lot like Mat Jackson at Croft.

Proof, if ever it was needed, that you never lose talent and class.
Zanardi's slightly more talented than Jackson.

Fantastic result for the man, as has been said, he's answered his critics in style.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2232997)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see Alex back up there. I didn't see the races, but it's pretty obvious he had a special weekend.

After such a below par year in 2007, it's good to see he can be a contender again.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2233136)   #12
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's the Best
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2235424)   #13
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Great to see Alex to well! I watched it the day after Le Mans...

I was hoping he would win Race 2, but didn't quite make it.

Oh well, great weekend for him and Ravagalia!
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2235446)   #14
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's a truely an amazing human being.