Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 6 Sep 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2535492)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Recommended insurance companies

Anybody got any personal recommendations please? Hope this is the right forum.... A quick search of this forum suggests AON but wonder if anyone has any other suggestions? We've just inherited a Series 1 Land Rover and need to arrange insurance for it.

Cheers.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2535545)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Fluxie is always pretty sound for anything slightly out of the ordinary...
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2535962)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Get one of the Land Rover mags and look in there. I did find an online quote of £90 for my S2a Landy a year or so ago, it may have been with Peter Best although I could be wrong.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2536008)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We've found a quote for £100 earlier today, it's not ideal but for something that won't be used / driven much I think it might have to do.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2536013)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Where else do you think you'll find FC insurance for two young drivers on a gas guzzling, baby killing 4X4 for that price, I doubt you'll do much better.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2536157)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Well it's not for two drivers....that's why I said not ideal! But the "nearest" quote is just under £400 for us both so I think the OH will just be insured for the time being.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2538216)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suze,I take it you will be the policy holder?Friend of mine wanted to insure an Astra for his son and daughter,by having the insurance in her name and the son as a named driver,the quote was something like £900 cheaper!
Old 11 Sep 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2538256)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Other half will be, I was trying to be a named driver....we'll just go for the cheapest one I think for now!