Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3127576)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
That would cause the problem as the main jet is on the bottom of the emulsion tube.
Tim wouldn't know a weber if it fell on his head !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3127578)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Tim wouldn't know a weber if it fell on his head !
A bit like the bloke that set that one up it seems.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3127608)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I hope it cures the problem, so I was right in my first post !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Aug 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3127782)   #29
Mk1Tom
Rookie

Mk1Tom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers guys. How do you think it might have come loose? Or do you think its not been tightened up properly?

I'm also changing the fuel pump as the one I have keeps sticking and causing it to break down on 'mapping runs'

I'll let you know how I get on
Old 31 Aug 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3127804)   #30
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It's not been tightened in the first place, I've never had any come loose. The only thing that seems to work loose on a Weber is the round screw on caps with the butterfly heads on them.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3127819)   #31
Mk1Tom
Rookie

The guy who set it up was in a bad mood when he was setting it up so it might have been him being angry and forgetting...
Old 4 Sep 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3130385)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Bingo. I'd say it was whizzed up in a rush and not tightened. I've had the same happen on the dyno before, neither the dyno guy or myself knew why/who but it took us over an hour wo work out why . . .it was bedding in perfectly at 2-3000 rpm and as soon as you tried to rev it it was like a rev limiter was fitted! ho hum, no damage done.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3130654)   #33
Mk1Tom
Rookie

So after tightening up the jet/screw, it seemed to run smoother, we ran it for a while and after hard acceleration it kept on killing all power again, then it seemed to clear and hasn't done it since...

I've now taken the engine out again though to fix the oil leak

Thanks for you help folks
Old 10 Sep 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3133911)   #34
Erictharg
Racer

United Kingdom
Oundle
Erictharg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weber

Next time take it to someone who has some people skills! You don't stay in business long without them. I'm not saying the good guys who run rolling roads are the most sociable folks on the planet but if they stay in business they know to treat customers wth repect.
Two in my area who know their carbs are Peter Baldwin near Royston, and Troy at Northampton Motorsport.
Glad you fixed it. Sorry you paid the bad tempered "expert" who set it up for you.