Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 5 Jul 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1026520)   #1
halecmini
Racer

United Kingdom
worcs
halecmini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Jedi at Cadwell Park

WELL DONE MR ROPER!! i hear you got a win!! so is your car ill better now?

How did this weekend go? anybody got any intresting stories?

unfortunatly i decided to go Karting at rissington, my jedi is still in bits.... and omg tkm 100's are HORRID!!!! think i'll stick to cars...so much more fun!!!

hope your all well, Dc
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1026735)   #2
ofarc
Rookie

ofarc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened to the first race, why only 4 laps?? seems strange as it is not half distance and there were no non-finishers.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1026749)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could be a case where more than 50% had been completed at the time of the red flag and when you count back you get to less than 50%. Those that caused the red flag probably wouldn't be shown at all on the published results.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1026794)   #4
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a Marshals perspective, amazingly fast and frightning through the gooseneck (especially race 2 winner), believe the fastest lap time was close to the circuit record.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1026817)   #5
RFS
Rookie

RFS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Halecmini, missed yea.
What a track for Jedi!. My pilot reconned it was like Monaco on play station, the bends just came at you, especially thro the mountain section. That certian Tim Cameron certainly knew his way round.

Qualifing. All cars got around one lap in and it started to rain ! Took a further 10 mins for the track to dry. Times were made in the last 3 laps as the sun came out. Jacks time of mid 1.23 looked a bit out to say the least!!!. Most of the quick lads hit 1.25s.

Race one got stopped at around lap 7 with a blown engine - one of the injected R1s which put oil on the track. Took at least 1 more lap to put out the red flag by which time all cars knew where the problems were!

Race 2 was a flyer with both Dave and luke into the 24s.

Biggest joke was the commentators who could'nt keep up, let alone work out who was where.

Great weekend . Thanks Cadwell.
For us, two sixths and NO damage.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1026834)   #6
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a good weekend and for most their first time at Cadwell. Luckily few incidents considering how tight the circuit is. Chris (in his green spotted jedi) unfortunately hit a barrier with both ends and did quite a bit of damage

Testing on sat was "interesting" with the short but sharp showers. The main straight is utterly lethal when wet.

Race 1 on Sunday was interesting as it started to spit whilst in the holding paddock. We took a gamble and ran on intermediates.... didnt hurt as I improved on my qualifying lap by a second, but I lost quite a few places off the start (fluffed it) and by the time I made it back we were red flagged. The oil that caused the red flag was fun as it was right on the line and a few of us had interesting moments on it. Again IMHO it should have been restarted, but its upto the CoC who incidentally did the same thing at Croft?

The usual suspects were REALLY flying and about 5 secs quicker per lap than the rest of us in the middle. It takes a while to learn Cadwell but the ex karters took to it like ducks to water....well done!

Race 2 was better with blue skies. Managed to get off the line properly and make a couple of places up, but almost colliding with the incident in the hairpin caused me to spin and lose a place...oops Didnt do as well as I wanted, but hey still had a great time and we pleased with 1.9 second improvement over the weekend.

Magic corners for me were the gooseneck (managed to take it flat out by the end of race2), Hall bends was fun and the mountain has got to be maddest corner of the lot

Anyway, good clean racing and hopefully some fun was had by all. I'll be back at Cadwell as soon as possible.

You'll be glad to hear "dirty Bessy" survived another outing at Cadwell. This time in Frazers car, having been previously on loan to Mr. Abbot for Brands following semi-retirement by myself at Snetterton (gave her too many doughnuts). Not having received any TLC since birth (apart from a good shower and a cleanup at Brands), she is doing very well and now sporting a new run of knicker elastic.
You never know she may be back in action at Oulton. Perhaps we should run a sweepstake on potential suitors
Old 5 Jul 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1026839)   #7
ActiveMS
Racer

Micky.H glad you guys/girls enjoyed it.
The gooseneck is mega!!!
We gad great fun!!
Many thanks and see you all soon.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:17 (Ref:1026904)   #8
Johnson
Rookie

Johnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaah! Dirty Betty. Gave her a good seeing to and she loved it! WOOF! WOOF! Thanks ActiveMS for pimping her out to me.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:25 (Ref:1026909)   #9
loadsaaaTOP
Rookie

loadsaaaTOP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
girls, I told you you would love Cadwell.You took my tip then Actice and got the goosneck flatout then EVENTUALLY!!! Micky-H, i was taking the gooseneck flat in 5th, it was fast but as im sure you noticed, i did get 2 wheels on the green SEVERAL times!! If only all tracks were like Cadwell. One down point, the bar shut early!!

Who is planning on going to this race at Rockingham in a couple of weeks? 8 or 9 have entered at the moment.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1027174)   #10
loadsaaaTOP
Rookie

...Micky-H, just about the lap record. I think the outlap record (according to LHS!) was 1.23.4something. The 1.24.1 was not far off it then. Jack Anderson did a 1.23.6something in qualifying!
It doesnt really surprise us "jedi racers" as everywhere we go, we are usually the quickest. Mr jedi-racing holds the outright lap record at Angelsey in his "standard" yamaha R1 as well. Just imagine if every track had its outright laprecord held by a jedi!!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1027271)   #11
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
SPBRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
loadsaaaTOP

what is the time at Angelsey ?

SPB
Old 5 Jul 2004, 21:15 (Ref:1027324)   #12
loadsaaaTOP
Rookie

SPBracing, just checked it out for you. The angelsey lap time was 43.096secs. Dont know if its been beaten since, but that beat the old lap record, which was held by Nigel Reuben, in a 600cc Jedi!!!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1027344)   #13
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
loadsaaaTOP

Cheers for that it is one of my local circuits. So just wanted to know. All I can say is that's Bloody Quick.
cheers
SPB
Old 6 Jul 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1027792)   #14
ActiveMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by loadsaaaTOP
SPBracing, just checked it out for you. The angelsey lap time was 43.096secs. Dont know if its been beaten since, but that beat the old lap record, which was held by Nigel Reuben, in a 600cc Jedi!!!

Wasnt a new lap record set by someone last year in the mono race...... was it luke? JC would know.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1027844)   #15
marblerun
Rookie

marblerun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2003 Anglesey lap record was 44.456 by Skid Carrera. Luke set the outright record at the same meeting in the Jedi race. Believe Mono 1200 record is now in the 43's after the meeting this year. The Mono 1200 lap record at Cadwell Park is 1:27.93 which shows how much quicker our front runners are now
Old 6 Jul 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1027862)   #16
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
Mono hasn't been to Cadwell this year. Great shame that as I love the circuit. even if it taqkes 5hours to get there.

!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 6 Jul 2004, 20:39 (Ref:1028485)   #17
Old Ropey
Racer

Old Ropey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 hours SPB, it takes us 2 days, but by golly is Cadwell worth it!!
Sincere thanks to all the marshalls who made everything possible, as usual. Let's never forget, no marshalls - no racing, so thanks to Peter Howarth and his team.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1028500)   #18
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Old Ropey
5 hours SPB, it takes us 2 days, but by golly is Cadwell worth it!!
Sincere thanks to all the marshalls who made everything possible, as usual. Let's never forget, no marshalls - no racing, so thanks to Peter Howarth and his team.
Thank you, but special thanks should also go to John Watson & John Franks of Cadwell ES Team. Glad you all enjoyed it, look forward to seeing you in the future.

Last edited by Pete Howarth; 6 Jul 2004 at 20:49.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 00:38 (Ref:1028705)   #19
jediracing
Rookie

jediracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesey outright record - 43.096 i think ive still got it
Old 7 Jul 2004, 10:58 (Ref:1029045)   #20
Old Ropey
Racer

Mr Jediracer you should have been in bed at 1.38 in the morning, not playing with ten-tenths!! 43.096 must have something to do with Welsh sheep, surely.
Whose for Rockingham a week on Sunday??
I gather around 14/15 have entered, or say they will, no surcharge for late entries so get along, we are.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:05 (Ref:1029059)   #21
Old Ropey
Racer

Peter H
We would be happy to have all our races at Cadwell, well maybe one or two at Oulton and Knockhill. It's simply miles ahead of the likes of Silverstone and Mallory for both drivers and spectators, and it's a nice place to be.
I'm sorry not to have met you, but a lot of the weekend was spent trying to keep lots of 'orrible black grease in its rightful place, unsuccessfully!
Old 8 Jul 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1030248)   #22
halecmini
Racer

United Kingdom
worcs
Sounds like a good weekend bit p****d that i missed it!! i'm just about to send my entry off for rockingham so hopefully i'll see some of you there!! managed to straighten my chassis......

1x huge steel bar
1x heavy steel table
1x jcb

....seemed to do the trick pretty well he he
Old 8 Jul 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1030380)   #23
Old Ropey
Racer

Finesse is everything in precision engineering
Old 10 Jul 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1032470)   #24
halecmini
Racer

United Kingdom
worcs
well needs must.....

me and dad were talking earlier about which way to go next year... stick with the 600's or go 1000's....?!? personally i think that the 1000's are getting stronger and stronger and the 600's will die out...(slowly!!).

My only concern it that fact that it is potentially opening a big can of worms with all the engine/chassis tuning... and could turn into yet another cheque book racing series?!? what are your thoughts?

cheers Dc
Old 11 Jul 2004, 10:15 (Ref:1032908)   #25
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to say many congratulations to Jodie Hemming on her title. A great effort and best wishes for these 'major' plans for 2005 you talked about in Autosport.

JA