Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 4 Jan 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3790629)   #3646
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe they can bring back multi chassis, but they probably won’t
I would like to see another chassis manufacturer but I doubt it. If another chassis manufacturer were to come along, what proportion of the field would they need to supply to be profitable and recover R&D costs?

However, if it does come down to one manufacturer, I would like to see some variation, depending on which engine a team is using but nothing quite as radical as the aero-kits, that were used recently. Something more on the lines of Lola's bid, back in 2010.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 4 Jan 2018 at 14:41.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3790630)   #3647
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
But, IndyCar could attempt a tender for new chassis whenever. Whoever wins gets a contract. Dallara, Swift, Tatuus, Onroak, ORECA, Dome, an F1 team, etc. you never know, Dallara's offer may have not been the cheapest/best.
If they do open it up to other chassis manufacturers, I hope they don't do what the Iconic committee did back in 2010 and just give it to Dallara. There were some better concepts than theirs. Particularaly Lola's with their universal tub, which could be used for both IndyCar and Indy Lights.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3790635)   #3648
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If they do open it up to other chassis manufacturers, I hope they don't do what the Iconic committee did back in 2010 and just give it to Dallara. There were some better concepts than theirs. Particularaly Lola's with their universal tub, which could be used for both IndyCar and Indy Lights.
That is definitely a better future plan for Indy, a combo chassis that is something teams can use for over 5 years. I know it's not F1 and chassis of the year but Indycar can't afford to follow that path.

And a combo chassis could actually allow a real bump day with Lights teams pushing each other to make 'the big show' or make a race in a sponsor specific market.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.