Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 May 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3733481)   #101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Force india doing a great job on the track a brilliant result today
Old 14 May 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3733487)   #102
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Paradise City..."David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good." Paradise City.

What a crass awful thing to say Paradise City? Unless you are Brabham or his best friend....You are obviously "in the know"...
The data re Project Brabham seems pretty overwhelming , All smoke and mirrors and BS . Classic World owes me a living.
Old 15 May 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3733672)   #103
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Force India have been so consistent, they are looking good for fourth in the championship
Old 16 May 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3733863)   #104
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Bit early to say. A smallish team like Force India may fall behind in the development race as the season wears on. But they've certainly done very well so far.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:13 (Ref:3741506)   #105
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Maybe a new name for the team: Force India name hasn't delivered
Names can be quite important of course, must say that "Force India" never really did it for me - if the name is changed, let's hope it leads to a better financial base for them.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3741675)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bring back Jordan!
Old 15 Jun 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3741715)   #107
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it would be interesting/hilarious if they opened the naming selection up to the public.

over the years a few teams have done that over here. the Toronto NBA franchised was announced around the time of the first Jurassic Park movie came out and when they announced a nation wide contest for fans to name the team the Toronto Raptors were born.

more recently, the future San Diego MLS team did something similar and when they opened up their contest, the name 'Footy McFooty Face' became the early favorite...although they opted to discard it but not before having some april fools day fun with everyone.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/the-toe-po...ools-day-stunt
Old 15 Jun 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3741835)   #108
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Names can be quite important of course, must say that "Force India" never really did it for me
Back in the day Jordan were 'my' team and I stuck with them through Midland and Spyker - but when they became Force India I baled on them. Names are important and that one just made me feel slightly alienated from them. I don't really 'have' a team any more - Jordan, Arrows, Super Aguri - it's not gone well for 'my teams'!
Old 15 Jun 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3741973)   #109
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maybe the Brabham thing will happen after all.

Weren't there rumours of some chinese investment a while back too? Would it be a controlling investment and therefore a mame change?
Old 15 Jun 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3742038)   #110
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bring back Jordan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Back in the day Jordan were 'my' team and I stuck with them through Midland and Spyker - but when they became Force India I baled on them. Names are important and that one just made me feel slightly alienated from them. I don't really 'have' a team any more - Jordan, Arrows, Super Aguri - it's not gone well for 'my teams'!
I reckon they could do worse than revert to the original name - even though EJ is doing other things these days, the name meant something.

Names of teams is quite interesting isn't it? Even if bought out by someone else, I can't see Ferrari ever changing the name, Bernie didn't rename Brabham and call it Ecclestone or Force Surrey, McLaren has kept it's original name all along & I can't ever see Williams changing.

However look at Stewart/Jaguar/Red Bull or Toleman/Benneton/Renault/Lotus/Renault or Tyrrel/BAR/Honda/Brawn/Mercedes and that can work too. It's important to use a name for a team that means something I guess and a try-hard name like Force India doesn't cut it.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3742153)   #111
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Postlethwaite?
Old 16 Jun 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3742162)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Names can be quite important of course, must say that "Force India" never really did it for me - if the name is changed, let's hope it leads to a better financial base for them.
Just call it F.O.R.C.E.

Formula
One
Race
Car
Engineering

Kinda like S.H.I.E.L.D....

(Yes, it is a throwback name to the Beatrice Lola Haas Hart/Ford days with Alan Jones & Patrick Tambay)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Jun 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3742165)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Just call it F.O.R.C.E.

Formula
One
Race
Car
Engineering

Kinda like S.H.I.E.L.D....

(Yes, it is a throwback name to the Beatrice Lola Haas Hart/Ford days with Alan Jones & Patrick Tambay)
Winner, winner, chicken dinner there, Nothing will top that post.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3742170)   #114
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Winner, winner, chicken dinner there
speaking of, wonder what the tasty chicken boys are doing next...
Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3742180)   #115
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
speaking of, wonder what the tasty chicken boys are doing next...
They could be a great custodian of the Jordan/Spyker/Midland/Force India legacy... if they were to leave the running of the team to the blokes and blokettes running it today...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jun 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3742392)   #116
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Spyker was cool.

"Midland" sounds like a crumbly industrial estate some impoverished "Pacificesque" F1 team operates from on a shoestring budget.

Force India sounds like a corny superhero or something. Yeah, I never did like that.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3742511)   #117
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Weren't there rumours of some chinese investment a while back too? Would it be a controlling investment and therefore a mame change?

Force China
Old 17 Jun 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3742639)   #118
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Force China
Could that be why Edd left Wheeler Dealers?
Old 18 Jun 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3744824)   #119
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

I've been watching Le Mans all weekend and I just read that as "some cheese investment".

Force Cheddar?
Old 19 Jun 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3745291)   #120
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Rtt: "what now for force India?"

Find a new driver partner for ocon?
Old 21 Jun 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3745720)   #121
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Rtt: "what now for force India?"

Find a new driver partner for ocon?
Could even be "find a driver to replace Ocon" - he's been impressive so far this season - could he be in line for a move to a works team? If I was going to pinch a driver from Force India I'd be more inclined to take Ocon than Perez.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3745722)   #122
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Could even be "find a driver to replace Ocon" - he's been impressive so far this season - could he be in line for a move to a works team? If I was going to pinch a driver from Force India I'd be more inclined to take Ocon than Perez.
Seconded!
Old 21 Jun 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3745773)   #123
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Is he still a Mercedes junior, though? If he is, Stuttgart would be reluctant to let him go to a rival team.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3745784)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

Personally both are safe pair of hands. Perez has matured at Force India and Ocon has taken to F1 like a duck to water
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3745812)   #125
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well yeah, but I meant after firing perez for crossing the golden boy. (i mean that with all compliment to ocon. Looks like a great talent and one of the nicest on the grid).

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1