Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Nov 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1778023)   #76
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am i mistaken! but the Pontiac GTO looks alot like the Holdon/Vauxhall Monaro?

Aussie coupe, sold in the UK as a rebadged Holdon Monaro.

Vauxhall Monaro VXR

Last edited by daz90; 29 Nov 2006 at 19:40.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1778032)   #77
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No sir, you are correct. The '05 I have is an VZ Monaro with the LS2 stuffed in it. I believe the VXR/HSV models may have some different suspension bits, but I have taken care of that.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1778043)   #78
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah us Brits had a different suspension set up due to the crapness of our roads

However i beleive the original Aussie Monaro was better suited to UK roads rather than mainland European roads, i didn't realise that a US General Motors version was also in production, did a bit of research on Google after i posted my other post, and answered my own question

I believe here in the UK the Monaro will soon be going out of production (well it is in Aus) but we are to blessed with a hot VXR Commodore as a replacement to the Monaro, that would be nice to see, the Aussie Commodore looks very nice in touring car guise, despite it being an updated Vauxhall Omega.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1778485)   #79
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer the Pontiac GTO version of the Monaro, I like the wheels on the above silver one though, very nice Jhamilton

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 30 Nov 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1778568)   #80
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From March '07 I might be driving one of these...

Just need to find my Burberry baseball cap first...

Attached Thumbnails
rb320.JPG  
Old 30 Nov 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1778773)   #81
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuiE
I prefer the Pontiac GTO version of the Monaro, I like the wheels on the above silver one though, very nice Jhamilton
Thanks for the compliment. I tell you what, if there is one thing those Aussies have down pat it's wheel design. They have a knack for designing the perfect wheel for a car.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1778775)   #82
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon

My best friend has one. You will not be disappointed. It's like driving a slot car shot out of a cannon.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 02:34 (Ref:1779187)   #83
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Thanks for the compliment. I tell you what, if there is one thing those Aussies have down pat it's wheel design. They have a knack for designing the perfect wheel for a car.

What.................You mean round like
Old 4 Dec 2006, 03:50 (Ref:1781283)   #84
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, no wonder you are so up on the Holdens JHamilton!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1789075)   #85
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Garcon you lucky man!

Going to chav it up with some load music blasting out when driving through towns? fit an bit fat exaust, soem nice alloys and lower the ride height? LOL

... I hate it when idiots do that to cars...

I've said before I'd like to have an Impreza one day, I think for my first car that I'll buy would probably be a Citreon Saxo...

I'm 17 in a few days, provisional licence, Ill get a Saxo when I'm 18 I guess, and just wreck my parents cars for the first year.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1789147)   #86
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my, Garc! Get you!

Well... i'll be learning to drive (legally) in 07

Not sure what to get as a first car... Ford Fiesta? Ariel Atom?
Old 12 Dec 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1789152)   #87
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fiestas aren't too bad to be honest, I learnt with an instructor in both the latest model and the one before that.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1789809)   #88
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drive a Mini Cooper Convertible and I love it. Took a while to get the deposit together and then a 5 month lead time but it was worth it. Had him from new in April 2005 and don't plan to change him anytime soon. I usually get bored after a couple of years and get something new but this time I'm sticking with my Min!!
Old 14 Dec 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1790235)   #89
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I drive a Mini Cooper Convertible and I love it. Took a while to get the deposit together and then a 5 month lead time but it was worth it. Had him from new in April 2005 and don't plan to change him anytime soon. I usually get bored after a couple of years and get something new but this time I'm sticking with my Min!!
Awww, c'mon. You gotta post a pic!

lol....The smilies on this site kick arse.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 03:16 (Ref:1790246)   #90
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
I just bought a 2002 Honda Civic GLI on Sunday. I only just got it last night. Not a bad car for a first. I'm still only on my L's. Now I need to save some money to buy some big wheels and alot of other things too.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 03:22 (Ref:1791064)   #91
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
Hmmm, the photoes are on my hard drive and in my inbox, I can't figure how to get them on here.
I still don't know how to get the photos from my hard drive to this forum.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1791065)   #92
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sadly, here are some photos I took of my car last Thursday, the day after I got cleaned up a by a 4WD with a bullbar who rolled through a give way sign, in the wet.
I got my car back from the repairers, 10 weeks to the day since the accident.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1791569)   #93
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I still don't know how to get the photos from my hard drive to this forum.
http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f...q_faq_post_pic

Use a photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com, upload your pictures to that site then link to the picture you want to post.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1791659)   #94
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bit of a change of plan.

Tomorrow, I pick up an 06 reg Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B, 6 speed manual, black with black leather, 18" 'smoke' alloys. Basically the sportier version of my current Legacy, but a year newer and 30k fewer miles.

Can't wait!!!
Old 18 Dec 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1793935)   #95
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Bit of a change of plan.

Tomorrow, I pick up an 06 reg Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B, 6 speed manual, black with black leather, 18" 'smoke' alloys. Basically the sportier version of my current Legacy, but a year newer and 30k fewer miles.

Can't wait!!!
Nice! Beautiful car. I looked at one (pre SpecB) when I was buying my car. Basically, a comfortable, larger, and good looking STi. Congrats and post pics when you get her!
Old 18 Dec 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1793974)   #96
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You must like those Legacy's garc! Personally I think they are better looking than the Impreza.

Will be a few years before I look to changing but the thought of a 3.0 Auto Legacy quite tempts me!
Old 18 Dec 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1794070)   #97
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to be totally different: 05 GMC 5.4L van. Company vehicle. Gets stuck on 1 snowflake. Great here in Ontario's snowbelt. Just like driving a 410 sprinter on dirt. Just put the Co. up for sale so once it is sold I will get something more reasonable!
Old 19 Dec 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1794777)   #98
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Couple of pics of the new Legacy below.

It is soooooooooo much better than the standard 3.0R auto if you want something a bit sporty (and more in keeping with the Subaru ethic). Even my Subaru dealer admitted it's not the best auto box in the world (can't remember him saying that when I bought it, mind you... ). With the 6 speed manual, sport suspension and 18" alloys it feels an entirely different car. Quite a bit quicker (there was alot of inertia in that auto), and more planted through the bends (but still a smooth ride).

And in black, with those alloys and black leather inside it looks stunning. Makes the old one (17" alloys, silver/ivory leather) look decidedly boring!
Attached Thumbnails
P1000662.JPG   P1000650.JPG   P1000654.JPG  

Old 19 Dec 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1794937)   #99
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
That's a really good looking car, garc, with a lot of presence. As touringlegend says, the Legacy looks better than the Impreza nowadays and you've made an instant saving over the RB320 because you won't have to buy a Burberry baseball cap now!

Nice, early Christmas present. Enjoy it!
Old 19 Dec 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1795070)   #100
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's stunning Garc. I bet that shine lasts all of 1 journey to work at this time of the year though.

What are those boxer engines like ? Just seem really unconvential to me being a Ford man...