Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jun 2007, 06:34 (Ref:1943095)   #1
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morris/Grice - Craven Mild VB/VC Group C

I have had a few questions about the Grice Commodore so I thought I would put this onfo out there.....

The Bob Morris/Allan Grice Craven Mild Group C Commodore was sold to Neil Cunningham for the 1981 ATCC. The car was also entered for Bathurst 1981 for Neil Cunningham / Rod Coppins but did not qualify.

Cunningham then sold the car to Bernie Stack (SA) for some ATCC Rounds in 1982 and Bathurst 1982 with Stack and Tony Parkinson. The car DNF'd after crashing. Stack then repaired and updated the car to VH and ran Bathurst in 1983 with SA motor-noter Bob Jennings, 36th (68 Laps).

Stack then sold the car to James Rosenberg (SA) who ran it as a Sports Sedan. Rosenberg also purchased the body shell of ex Re-Car, ex Lawrence, ex Palmer (The Andrew Harris replacement car - Bathurst 83) from Barry Wraith about this time with the intention of re-shelling the original car. A change of plans and Rosenberg sold both the Stack (Grice) car and the ex Re-Car shell to James Bartch. Bartch continued to transfer the Stack (Grice) mechanicals into the ex Re-Car shell.

This is when things got confusing.....

Another change of plans saw the ex-Re-Car car take on the identity of the Stack (Grice) car i.e. the log books, and the Re-Car car was sold to Robert Shultz (Portland) then to Mick Hone, then a panel beater in Melbourne and it finally became the mechanical donor car for the resto of the 83 MHDT VH (the Watsons 'roof' car). The Re-Car is now with Willy.

Bartch also sold the real Stack (Grice) car to a Sports Sedan punter in Canberra and raced with a Chev in it. It was then sold to another Sports Sedaner in Singleton (NSW). The current owner (in Melbourne) purchased the Grice car in 2005 from Singleton and it awaits restoration.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 10:54 (Ref:1943257)   #2
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Camaroz. From your info, it appears the car running around in Gawler colours in Group C trim at the moment may not be the real deal.

You have also answered a question that has been bugging me for 20 years...what happened to the ex Lawrence Commodore Ross Palmer bought in 1983? Now I know!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1943273)   #3
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60
Thanks for that Camaroz. From your info, it appears the car running around in Gawler colours in Group C trim at the moment may not be the real deal.
Never has been , or will ever be!!!
Old 22 Jun 2007, 04:11 (Ref:1943884)   #4
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the owner know this?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 04:28 (Ref:1943896)   #5
Robert Bailey
Rookie

Robert Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol is that the car Mick Hone ran in club cars,some great stories there.Is Neil C the guy that raced for a long time in the UK?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1944385)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bailey
lol is that the car Mick Hone ran in club cars,some great stories there.Is Neil C the guy that raced for a long time in the UK?
Yes, that is him.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 23:08 (Ref:1944651)   #7
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bailey
The (Re-Car) car Mick Hone ran in Club Cars is the very same one!
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1944557)   #8
racerVK
Rookie

Australia
gold coast Qld
racerVK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry Wraith used all the mechanicals and built a vk group a car which still exists. Threr whrer plans for it to be restored. That is the bones of the Re Car Lawrance Palmer car
Old 22 Jun 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1944650)   #9
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerVK
Barry Wraith used all the mechanicals and built a vk group a car which still exists. Threr whrer plans for it to be restored. That is the bones of the Re Car Lawrance Palmer car
Barry told me that the Group A VK was found and bought in Darwin and is now back in Qld.