Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2605435)   #201
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect Bernie didn't think Simon would progress far enough to actually damage the track. The cock up was not that it wasn't finished, but that he managed to start.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2605440)   #202
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Astonished that people do not think that this debacle is part of a grand plan .
The Gillet thing was doomed to failure and the Wheatcrofts and Bernie's of the world knew this.Get someone else to rebuild Donny and screw Silverstone at same time!
Only problem was that the Gillet mob had done very little real work before they folded.

It will reopen as a Motorsport centre if that's what the Wheatcrofts want,if not it will be used for other things.

The last time Tom was involved with a GP he lost a lot of money and there was no way he was going to get screwed a second time.Think good old Tom was aware of situation and probably brains behind it.

The cynical view!
Indeed, there are so many things now that Kevin could do to make money, sell for housing? sell for retail? sell out to E.M.A for airport carparking or make a tank and armoured vehicle course and exhibition, all much more profitable than motor racing!
Kevin only ever had at hing for tanks, boats and personel carriers, never racing cars!
Old 27 Dec 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2605464)   #203
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Astonished that people do not think that this debacle is part of a grand plan .
The Gillet thing was doomed to failure and the Wheatcrofts and Bernie's of the world knew this.Get someone else to rebuild Donny and screw Silverstone at same time!
Only problem was that the Gillet mob had done very little real work before they folded.

It will reopen as a Motorsport centre if that's what the Wheatcrofts want,if not it will be used for other things.

The last time Tom was involved with a GP he lost a lot of money and there was no way he was going to get screwed a second time.Think good old Tom was aware of situation and probably brains behind it.The cynical view!
Tom admitted in the press he lost 4 million on the GP, what I find strange is along with other's who said from the very start the project would fail. The most prominent factor being the time scale involved. As for who is to blame for the fiasco, Tom may well have been aware, only one instigator in my mind. As for screwing Silverstone? Too many of the same ilk as BE under one roof.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2605600)   #204
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Gillett was 'The Chosen One' because of his previous experience with Rockingham and he obviously has thick enough skin to take the fallout,he's been there before!
Old 29 Dec 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2605935)   #205
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Now that the demise of DVLL has been confirmed, there's been a huge amount of crossover between various threads all over the forums.

This crossover isn't the best way forward, because very good points are being raised in some parts of the forum and not in others. So, we've discussed it in staff and are going to close this thread and direct everyone to Trackside.

I apologise that this will mean that you may have to re-state things in the other thread (however, that'll be easier to follow than merging everything), and by keeping everything in one place it'll be easier to speculate and discuss the hopeful future of the circuit with everyone's contributions. I appreciate there might be a bit of short-term confusion, but it's far to say that the topic will rumble on and on and long-term it will make things much easier to follow.