Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Oct 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2570278)   #26
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no intention of going up north (Snetterton is far enough) and south is entirely dependant on the exchange rate![/QUOTE]

I'm sure you could get to Donington (if it's open for play) in the time it takes you to get to Snetterton from Sussex.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2570283)   #27
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its about the same I think Peter, so yes, on the radar!

Its not that I don't like it, but traveliing in the UK is hellish at the best of times, so until I can afford not to do the work . . . .
Old 26 Oct 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2570391)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I tried to get through the tunnel on Saturday midday. It took me 3 hours to move about 2 miles and I finished up going back home. Arrrrrggggh
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Oct 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2570571)   #29
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
mass exodus Gordon? don't want to stay here but can't afford to go anywhere else!

Aus is quite nice this time of year
Old 27 Oct 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2570668)   #30
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Is the one definite on my calender for next season

In fact I've just been testing my 'CTCRC spec' engines cylinder head on the flow bench today

I have no intention of going up north (Snetterton is far enough) and south is entirely dependant on the exchange rate!
Snetterton - North? You need to buy an atlas! LOL
It certainly limits where you go!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2570701)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'm a confirmed Southern softie I'll have you know, Londons oop north from base camp
Old 27 Oct 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2570714)   #32
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Good news Zef now lets see some others do the same, oh and if we get the dates up early enough maybe other clubs could prehaps do us the honour of posting theirs up so that we can try to avoid a clash, you know the working together scenario :-). I think we are currently trying to avoid the Silverstone clash we had last year oh and are planning a two day event this time.
Al. Having been involved peripherally (that's easy for me to say! ) in calander planning, as I'm sure you know, it's easier to herd cats with a blind sheepdog. With all the competing clubs, international and national championships, planning contraints at some circuits and the fact that we have to share the venues with motorcycles which have their own calandar requirements, it's a miracle that it happens at all. 2010 seems even worse as we now have one circuit temporarily (one hopes!) removed from the equation. It's easy to say that the governing bodies should be leading this but I'm not even sure that's the answer - in fact, I don't know what is?
Old 27 Oct 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2570880)   #33
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
I've been an organiser of all types of events for a very long time. Until about ten years ago, the MSA asked the regional associations to do their dates meetings in July and all dates had to be into the MSA by mid August so the Blue Book (and later the White Book) could have the full list in.
Now this is impossible, events like sprints and single venue rallies that use circuits have to wait to find out which dates are left, the other issue is rescue units. There are not enough. I had to move a sprint date by a week last year because I could not get a rescue unit.
Rallying is the same, to some extent the BRC dates try not to be on WRC dates (not sure why now!) and then we have the Rally GB that was moving north and now is not and that would have played havoc with events up here.
At the moment I have trying to sort dates for the Northern Speed Championship and the Northern Historic Championship, plus wanting to race in the GTS and Clerk 4 of my own club's events and at the moment not getting very far!
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2580646)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AMOC are very close to being able to firm up on most of their 2010 dates, and I'll publish these here soon. If any other clubs, HSCC, VSCC, MGCC, BDC, CSCC etc want to do likewise, please fell free to do so.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2584262)   #35
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there already some news on the masters dates , silverstone historic, brands?. Spa 6hm Lemans Classic, Goodwood revival, Tour Britania: dates are all standing now.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 17:49 (Ref:2584371)   #36
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
As soon as I have something definite, I'll post it on here.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2586041)   #37
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to AMOC's site, the dates for their 75th Anniversary year are as follows:
May 9th - Mallory Park
June 12th - St John Horsfall Meeting Silverstone
June 26th - Brands Hatch
July 17th - Goodwood (Sprint)
July 23rd-25th - Silverstone Classic
August 7th - Thruxton
Sept 19th - Oulton Park
Oct 9th - Donington Park (if it's still open!)

E&OE.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 01:04 (Ref:2586163)   #38
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC:

Provisional dates for 2010
January 14th – 17th Autosport Show
March 12th - 14th Race Retro
March 25th Snetterton – Test Day
April 10th/11th Snetterton
May 8th/9th Brands Hatch
May 22nd /23rd Anglesey
June 12th Oulton Park
June 18th/19th/20th Nuerburgring
June 27th Snetterton
July 3rd/4th Spa Franchorchamps
July 25th Mallory (Morgan SCC)
July 31st Silverstone
August 29th/30th Mallory
September 11th/12th Cadwell Park
October 16th/17th Snetterton

Lifted from the website.....

Those of us who have the foresight to live in God's own country find it all a bit Southern biassed...but hey, that's British motorsport

Find it really amusing that everyone moans about how far it is to "trail up to Oulton" - let alone Anglesey.....whereas for us to have to drag 5 hours down to Snetterton 3 times a year doesn't warrant a mention.....
Old 21 Nov 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2586251)   #39
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
According to AMOC's site, the dates for their 75th Anniversary year are as follows:
May 9th - Mallory Park
June 12th - St John Horsfall Meeting Silverstone
June 26th - Brands Hatch
July 17th - Goodwood (Sprint)
July 23rd-25th - Silverstone Classic
August 7th - Thruxton
Sept 19th - Oulton Park
Oct 9th - Donington Park (if it's still open!)

E&OE.
Despite appearing there, these dates and venues are not yet officially confirmed, and there maybe one or two changes.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2586265)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC Dinner and Dance tonight so I'm hoping to get some dates.I'm also getting lots of e mails about Cristal Palace next year. Anyone know whats going on?is it definite?and whats the date please?.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2586485)   #41
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Has anyone looked at the Motoring News feature on the "new" Silverstone. Do I take it the International circuit is no longer to be used? It is just the right length for the bigger club events etc. The old national was too short and the GP track too long with a rather long straight. The International also included Bridge corner which is a great challenge.
Has anyone any more details?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2586566)   #42
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I'm also getting lots of e mails about Cristal Palace next year. Anyone know whats going on?is it definite?and whats the date please?.
Word on the street is that this event is definitely going to run. The dates are 30/31 May. If the normal Brands Hatch calendar runs in 2010, this is likely to clash with the Masters event on the GP circuit. I am sure this will not reduce the number of competitors wishing to run at the Palace, but might well reduce the number of marshals at Brands as many, including me, will opt to go to the Crystal Palace. There is a website 'Racing at the Palace' with full details.

Regarding the 2010 UK motorsport calendar, I strongly suspect that it will be (is being) effected by outstanding decisions on:

(a) will there be a BGP in 2010?
(b) where will it be held?
and, more relevant (c) when will it be held?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2586989)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I went to HSCC dinner last night and spent the evening pestering people for some insight too dates for 2010.Came away disappointed I'm afraid as no one was committed the only common answer i had was that they are all "waiting for Silverstone to make the decision on the GP". Sorry i did try.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2587018)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You wont get dates from BARC till December either so why not just be patient and wait.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2587038)   #45
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria

It all goes to show what an uncaring, miserable old git Bernie is. It means that much of UK's motorsport plans for 2010 is in limbo until he sorts out his GP date.
I am sure we are all getting hassle from our families as to when holidays are to be. I also do some Clerking of sprints and rallies and I don't want to commit to dates until I know my racing dates. The same applies to other officials, rescue units, marshals etc. The circuits themselves will all be in the same boat as the date of the GP will affect everyone's programme, and that's added to by the non availability of Donington.
It would be good to see the MSA taking a lead here and trying to hurry things along.
To my mind I feel we could well do without the GP.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2587052)   #46
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
To my mind I feel we could well do without the GP.
I could not agree more. I think the so called value of the BGP to the UK motorsport industry is very much over-hyped; indeed, at the level that most of us are involved in it has a negative effect, e.g. as of now with finalising the 2010 calendar.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2587124)   #47
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Has anyone looked at the Motoring News feature on the "new" Silverstone. Do I take it the International circuit is no longer to be used? It is just the right length for the bigger club events etc. The old national was too short and the GP track too long with a rather long straight. The International also included Bridge corner which is a great challenge.
Has anyone any more details?
Until Silverstone know if they have the GP, and when in the year it is going to run, I don't think the circuit design plans are absolutely final. From the various stories going around it does seem likely that the international circuit wil not be used, at least in 2010. I do hope that they keep the actual tarmac for Bridge and Priory so that they can be used for some meetings.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2587307)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Radio 5 today said that Bernie was having a meeting with Silverstone about GP on the 9th December.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2587332)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
The MSA do I believe but its not even December yet. Anyhow I dont do holidays, I cant afford that and car racing :-).
Old 22 Nov 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2587333)   #50
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that's a bit off-beam Delta. Bernie's made his pitch, it's up to S/stone to accept it or not. The meeting on 5th December is the World Council to ratify the calendar, and if S/S doesn't have a contract it doesn't have a date and will be dropped.

At least, that's the spin on it today. Tomorrow they'll all be friends and there''ll never have been a threat to the BGP. Orwell had nothing on this lot!