Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jan 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3492685)   #1301
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Really? Any evidence to back it up?
https://twitter.com/TheRebeccaJones/...67263381913600
Old 14 Jan 2015, 12:01 (Ref:3492729)   #1302
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, as much as I loved seeing the DBR9s back the AM Festival was the least interesting support race I've yet seen.

Hopefully they put it on at the same time as the TenTenths meeting ...
Old 14 Jan 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3492891)   #1303
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Ah, as much as I loved seeing the DBR9s back the AM Festival was the least interesting support race I've yet seen.

Hopefully they put it on at the same time as the TenTenths meeting ...
I'm sorry to say, me too. It was without doubt the most dull support 'event' I have ever watched.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 06:49 (Ref:3492986)   #1304
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There have been good and bad support races. some i expected to be exciting have been very poor whist others have actually been exciting, i remember a venturi race many years ago where they all seemed to go at it like there lives depended on it. resulting in numerous crashes and most of the field having to be stacked several high on low loaders after the race, and they were nice looking cars before the race
Old 15 Jan 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3493018)   #1305
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Porsche-fest last year was fantastic, and in 2011 the Ferrari race provided some drama (car vaulting on the run to Indy) but the AM was an hour-long test session really.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3493058)   #1306
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They were not part of any championship (except maybe the GT4s, don't remember) so there's not much to go after, and I don't think the driver talent was that great anyway. Also fact that you have four classes instead of one spec car spreads out the field more
Old 15 Jan 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3493064)   #1307
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
They had a few good racers in it last time, Luca Filippi won it didn't he?
Old 15 Jan 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3493067)   #1308
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah but apart from him not much
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...ation_Race.PDF

When you have David Richards and Rowan Atkinson finishing 5th of 19 GT4s it's probably not the greatest of pools
Old 19 Jan 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3494079)   #1309
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Made a bit of an impulse purchase and bought the Lego '24 Hours Race Car'.

Doesn't matter what age you are it's absolutely awesome.

Old 19 Jan 2015, 12:40 (Ref:3494080)   #1310
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'll be waiting for it to drop to £70-75, but it's on my list for this year. A lot of AFOLs I've spoken to don't like it because it's construction and basic features are too similar to the 42000 Grand Prix Racer and because they preferred the (leaked) preliminary design that resembled the Audi R18. Neither of those bother me much so I'm still looking forward to it, although I would have preferred the use of regular green rather than this new light green which is exclusive to this set.

Glad to see you like it Simmi. Have/are you going to motorize the functions?
Old 23 Jan 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3495764)   #1311
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Just wanted to share a statement of Jan Lammers, today he told he might be back at Le Mans next year with Frits van Eerd (ten times Dakar truck driver and CEO of Jumbo supermarkets in Holland) in LMP2 with their own team.
Picture yourself a yellow LMP2 car, I love the idea and more of all I love the idea of Jan comming back to LM. Let the Racing for Holland times begin............
Old 23 Jan 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3495784)   #1312
Deleted
Veteran

Said this before in the main sportscar section, but they're gonna need quite bit of luck even to get to the reserve lists - and that's after commiting to full season. It's not the easiest times with too many requests for too few spots

But this does seem to confirm own team in LMP2 which before wasn't entirely confirmed, which is good news of course and Dutch influence has been sorta lacking recently
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3495909)   #1313
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It seems ages since the racing for holland times but it will be nice to see Jan back in some form at Le Mans although he must be a little old for the demands it will put on him if he is thinking about racing again
Old 24 Jan 2015, 10:18 (Ref:3495923)   #1314
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Downgraded to silver now as well......
Old 25 Jan 2015, 00:59 (Ref:3496470)   #1315
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Easy to forget Jan was at the race in 2011 in that mildly shambolic Hope Racing entry.
Old 25 Jan 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3496787)   #1316
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well to be honest i had forgotten
Old 28 Jan 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3498291)   #1317
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
It's sale at the Oreca-Toyota Hybrid shop. Got myself a rainjacket with 90% discount, and a pitcrew shirt with 85% discount
Shipping was a killer, mind. Almost as much as the two clothing items put together
http://www.oreca-store.eu/clothing-a...id_racing.html
(disclaimer: not all clothing items may be available in all sizes)
Old 28 Jan 2015, 15:49 (Ref:3498297)   #1318
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe they're hoping to fund the third car this way, hehe
Old 28 Jan 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3498302)   #1319
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
There could be a bit more interest around the Aston Festival if this happens -

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/bee...-du-mans-2016/

Beechdean potentially entering their new GTE ahead of a Le Mans entry in 2016.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 16:52 (Ref:3498320)   #1320
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It's sale at the Oreca-Toyota Hybrid shop. Got myself a rainjacket with 90% discount, and a pitcrew shirt with 85% discount
Shipping was a killer, mind. Almost as much as the two clothing items put together
http://www.oreca-store.eu/clothing-a...id_racing.html
(disclaimer: not all clothing items may be available in all sizes)
yes some good bargains there
Old 30 Jan 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3498993)   #1321
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Now I know where those bargains are paid from. They save on shipping. I can collect my parcel at the Oreca store at Paul Ricard
Old 30 Jan 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3498997)   #1322
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Now I know where those bargains are paid from. They save on shipping. I can collect my parcel at the Oreca store at Paul Ricard
Might be a little expensive for me to collect from there, so i will wait until, silverstone, spa or le mans and hope they still have something left by then
Old 30 Jan 2015, 08:20 (Ref:3498999)   #1323
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Which is not very xonvenient, to say the least.
Old 30 Jan 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3499000)   #1324
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
They messed up my order. I already asked for rectifying it.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3499719)   #1325
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tom K. as the 'patron' at the Classic Brittisch Welcome this year.WOW.