Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 4 Apr 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3630180)   #126
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Was really hoping that Dinger would get his first oval win. He drove a Heck of a raced and missed it by just that much. Hope he breaks through this year!
AJ certainly worthy of keeping tabs on. He is 12th in points
currently after Martinsville. His wheelhouse are the road
courses so he may get a win there.

One point separates Elliott and Blaney. Real good
rookie points battle this year.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 02:21 (Ref:3630409)   #127
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
AJ certainly worthy of keeping tabs on. He is 12th in points
currently after Martinsville. His wheelhouse are the road
courses so he may get a win there.
Agree, he bears watching! He got his first win, two years ago, on one of the road-courses, so he's done that. He needs to get an oval win. Maybe the next stop here, or at New Hampshire, which they say drives like Martinsville or maybe Pocono. Those seem to be the tracks where drivers from road-racing backgrounds do that best.

Quote:
One point separates Elliott and Blaney. Real good
rookie points battle this year.
Yes, this is the best rookie of the year battle in years! Both Elliott and Blaney will win, I believe, before the season is over. A toss up, as to who will take ROTY!
Old 8 Apr 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3631202)   #128
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like Smoke still has a while to get back behind the wheel. Wonder if he'll accept this ending to his NASCAR career or if he'll come back for an attempt at full season swan song:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...I&ocid=U142DHP
Old 8 Apr 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3631255)   #129
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
After quiting NASCAR will he still do sprintcar racing?
Old 8 Apr 2016, 23:12 (Ref:3631324)   #130
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Sounds like Smoke still has a while to get back behind the wheel. Wonder if he'll accept this ending to his NASCAR career or if he'll come back for an attempt at full season swan song:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...I&ocid=U142DHP
I saw him interviewed last month. He stated that regardless of how many races he finally gets to run, this is it, this will be his final season. He sounded quite emphatic about it. He could very well change his mind, but I do not thing he is going to.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 22:44 (Ref:3633125)   #131
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bristol weekend. There used to be tons of excitement, even here....

The Cousin nabs the pole according to Jayski. I may tune in for a bit. I may not. Beautiful weekend, tons of racing.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3633235)   #132
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Bristol weekend. There used to be tons of excitement, even here....

The Cousin nabs the pole according to Jayski. I may tune in for a bit. I may not. Beautiful weekend, tons of racing.
Yes, it's suppose to be a beautiful weekend, FINALLY!

I'll watch, I always do. It's born and bred into me, being an old Southerner. I was brought up a NASCAR (and other stock car series) fan. It runs in my blood. This is why the older NASCAR fans are so loyal to NASCAR, why, back in the Old South (by Old South, I am talking about pre-1975 time frame, before the time that all the changes were made, mass urbanization, big-city attitudes, increased migration from other areas of the country, etc., were made, that changed (unfortunately for us old-timers ) the South forever, from the simpler life, to the complicated non-stop, never slow down whirlwind that it has become today) we ate, slept and breathed NASCAR! It was (and forever remains, for us old Southerners) OUR sport!
Old 16 Apr 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3633335)   #133
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It's not OUR sport anymore. It's a full on national series, hence why The Rock and North Wilkesboro are as good as dead and there's only one race at AMS and Darlington and two in Phoenix. Maybe NASCAR will buy The Rock:
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-s...public-auction

Sorry. Debbie Downer here. Enjoy the show if you are watching.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 18:37 (Ref:3633443)   #134
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whew! Never thought I would say his, but got too
bored with the Bristol Xfinity race. So outside I go
for a bit of garage work.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3634104)   #135
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, a LOT of empty seats in the stands.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3634146)   #136
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I'm not watching or listening but this has been the case for the last few years. Worse than that?
Old 17 Apr 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3634205)   #137
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
It's not OUR sport anymore. It's a full on national series, hence why The Rock and North Wilkesboro are as good as dead and there's only one race at AMS and Darlington and two in Phoenix. Maybe NASCAR will buy The Rock:
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-s...public-auction

Sorry. Debbie Downer here. Enjoy the show if you are watching.
I doubt that NASCAR will buy Rockingham. ISC once owned it, but sold it to SMI and smith promptly took the races from it and moved them to his tracks! I will NEVER forgive him for that and I hate the arrogant little JERK'S guts for closing it as well as North Wilkesboro! NASCAR owns three tracks, Iowa, Sebring and Road Atlanta, but I have yet to see them do much with them and I just don't see them buying Rockingham. I WISH they would!
Old 20 Apr 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3635152)   #138
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Used to be that Bristol was sold out and "no one" could get a ticket even years in advance. How things change. I seldom watch an entire race. Usually watch the start and maybe the finish.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3635213)   #139
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not View Post
Used to be that Bristol was sold out and "no one" could get a ticket even years in advance. How things change. I seldom watch an entire race. Usually watch the start and maybe the finish.
I will agree with Kyle Busch on one thing, when they "grinded" the
track, it has not been the same ever since. The amount of exciting
racing there in a given race has dropped dramatically. I guess when
you lose that kind of revenue , you put on a football game. Which
is brilliant.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 23:36 (Ref:3635270)   #140
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
is brilliant.
The football game will be fantastic and the only neutral site game I'll "support".

To the track itself, the asphalt Bristol was similar to the last race I watched (Spring last year) the line was high near the fence, which I don't hate. The old concrete Bristol had the single lane on the bottom which I loved and hated. Really only one way past and that was the rough way. Love or hate the old, it made for grumpy racing, but a damn good show.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3635478)   #141
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Smoke is cleared to drive and will be back in the #14 this week in Richmond.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3636226)   #142
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A little late, but anyhow...

Quote:
I'm not watching or listening but this has been the case for the last few years. Worse than that?
Worst I've ever seen. Think stands-after-a-5-hour-rain-delay, it was that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not View Post
Quote:
is brilliant.
Yeah Bristol hasn't been the same since it was violated. Sure, the old configuation only really had a single groove but it created excitement - and kept the panel beaters occupied. Some years half the field would look like it'd been through the meat grinder. Aaaah, those were the days...

- -

As for Richmond I thought it was a pretty decent race. Can't help but feel a tad sorry for Kyle Busch though, but hey, that's racin'
Old 25 Apr 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3636230)   #143
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
That Bristol race was woefully attended. I kept having to snap myself out of the idea that I was watching an Xfinity race. Or it was Monday!
Old 1 May 2016, 05:42 (Ref:3637447)   #144
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Not Sprint Cup, but anyway, crazy finish in the Xfinity race. Congrats to Sadler, although I reckon Brennon Poole was robbed - they could've thrown the caution just a few seconds later, as the cars crossed the finish line.

Nasty hit for Logano, looks like he lost control all on his own after Sadler took the air off the rear spoiler.
Old 1 May 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3637507)   #145
canamman
Veteran

United States
The way Logano was going back and forth trying to
block both lines, I knew that was not going to
end calmly. Just glad no one got upside down
and rip down a fence.
Old 1 May 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3637546)   #146
canamman
Veteran

United States
Pretty cool that Chases dad , Bill Elliott, had the pole
at this same race 30 years ago. Bill went on to a 24th
finish that day with Bobby Allison winning.

Lets hope the rain stays away and we have a safe race.
Old 1 May 2016, 15:58 (Ref:3637555)   #147
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Pretty cool that Chases dad , Bill Elliott, had the pole
at this same race 30 years ago. Bill went on to a 24th
finish that day with Bobby Allison winning.

Lets hope the rain stays away and we have a safe race.
That's cool! Saw Chase had the pole. Didn't know the other fact.

I hope the big one stays away too. Wait, it won't and is actually promoted by nascar!

Sorry. Enjoy if you are watching, hope you enjoy. I may listen and check in ....
Old 1 May 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3637588)   #148
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Oh look, Logano triggered another unnecessary restrictor plate wreck. How surprising.
Old 1 May 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3637651)   #149
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Due to unforeseen reasons, I watched a bit of this $hit show they had in Alabama today. The only disappointment they didn't have was rain.

This kind of "racing" is a complete joke.
Old 1 May 2016, 21:00 (Ref:3637656)   #150
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

This kind of "racing" is a complete joke.
yeppers.

On top of that, Boggity Boggity and Jeff Gordon do not make a good team. They stumble over each other as much as the cars on the track.