Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 20 Feb 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3713432)   #26
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Post on Facebook from Dan Rooke:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rooke Facebook
**2017 UPDATE**

British RX Champion Rooke takes sabbatical to focus on future progress

Reigning MSA British Rallycross Champion Dan Rooke (19), the youngest ever title-holder in the 40-year history of the Championship, will take a forced sabbatical in 2017 and won’t defend the biggest prize in British RX as he focuses on the future.

Rooke scored three victories on his way to the Supercar title in his maiden season in the sport's headline category, and had hoped to defend his crown this year. However, due to a shortfall in budget, the rising star will now use 2017 to focus on progressing in rallycross long-term, with a clear target in his sights.

“I had an amazing year last year and in a way it’s still unbelievable what we achieved, especially considering that we’re just a small family team from Devon,” said Rooke. “But the reality is that we’ve been struggling to raise the budget for another full season in Supercar at this stage. Because we won the Championship in such a strong way last year, we don’t feel that it would be beneficial to my career to enter into the defense of the title and not be in a position to fight for wins and the Championship. Thanks to my great sponsors we have raised about half of the budget required, but not enough to commit properly.”

The MSA Academy member raced an LD Motorsports Citroen DS3 in 2016, with the assistance of multiple British Rallycross Champion, Pat Doran. “My goals haven’t changed. I still really want to progress in this sport and climb through the ranks into the World Championship. I’m going to work harder than ever this year to build my experience of the whole sport. I’m in talks about working with a team in World RX and I’m also having discussions about some potential one-off races in rallycross. I’m not leaving the sport at all, just trying to make best use of what we have. We’re going to do some karting and autocross to keep me race-sharp in the early part of the year too.”

Over the last 12 months, Rooke has also received invaluable support from Morris Lubricants, Outlaw Tools, AT Motor Repairs and his close-nit team, led by his mother and father. “The guys who worked so hard to achieve what we did last year are as disappointed as I am that we won’t be defending the title, but they have pledged their support to me going forward and that means a lot. There are several interesting and exciting things going on at the moment and I’m working hard on the physical and mental side of my game too, so we can come back even stronger, that is for sure!”
Real shame to read. I was hoping Rooke would at least return for the British Championship, if not make an appearance (or two) in Europe as well.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3713445)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Real shame to read. I was hoping Rooke would at least return for the British Championship, if not make an appearance (or two) in Europe as well.
A shame but seemed inevitable really - the car last year wasn't covered in sponsorship so it was always a worry that the money wouldn't be there for this year - there's only so long you can run on empty moneywise and Supercars aren't cheap!
Old 1 Mar 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3715548)   #28
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on new entrants this year? Things seem very quiet.

Very sorry to hear about Dan - I just hope he finds a way to stick around in rallycross as he is clearly a big talent.

But, yes, it has always been the same problem - a clubman sport with cars that can be more expensive to run than those in the BTCC
Old 1 Mar 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3715574)   #29
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was hoping we'd have a few more entrants announced by this point as well. I posted this in the World Rallycross thread, but it may be relevant here as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton Motorsport Facebook

Some shots of the LDM C4 posted on Facebook in the last couple of days. Pat back in the British Championship again this year?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3717034)   #30
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nathan Heathcote to race in the Doran C4. Adding to questions about what the Dorans will race, if anything, this year.

I saw on facebook that Dave Bellerby won't race the Fiesta (or anything else) this year, which is a shame. It's up for rent each round if you have the cash!

With no Rooke, and uncertainty with other drivers, thus could be the most underwhelming Year in BRX yet. Shame. Hopefully they get their heads put their bums and join forces with the BTRDA next year.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3717039)   #31
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Interesting development. As you say it raises the question what, if anything, the Dorans will be doing this year.

This might also be a relevant addition to the 2017 British Rallycross thread as well...
Old 7 Mar 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3717045)   #32
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Ha. I just scrolled down and found the closest thing to British rallycross. Miss can move it at their discretion!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3717049)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Shame to see Bellerby step back, do we know if Grint is back for this season? Also I'm sure I saw Simon Horton had the Subaru up for sale - so can we assume he won't be out either?

This is interesting though:

http://www.teambmr.co.uk/2017-03-war...nship-for-2017

Didn't see that one coming!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3717051)   #34
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Wow. Big news. He's quite useless as a driver isn't he? His results in BTCC aren't great. Still, best of luck and hope he has good reliability.

The Dorans are quickly running out of cars, how many more do they have!?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3717052)   #35
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Wow. Big news. He's quite useless as a driver isn't he? His results in BTCC aren't great. Still, best of luck and hope he has good reliability.

He spent a lot of last season in the gravel so he should be ok on the loose sections

Liam in Retro in an RS200?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3717065)   #36
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Wow. Big news. He's quite useless as a driver isn't he?
Haha, that's brutally honest!

Interesting that the article mentions the DS3 is one previously used by Liam. The Dan Rooke car was ex-Bakkerud, so does that mean that Warren Scott will be using the World car used by Liam?

Quote:
With Jake Harris in one DS3 (I think the inline car), Scott in another and Nathan Heathcote in the C4, I think that leaves just one DS3? Maybe for Pat?

EDIT: This article on the British Rallycross site clearly states it's the ex-Rooke car, so at the very least Liam's old World car is still spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Liam in Retro in an RS200?
That's the sensible guess: I'm still holding out for my RS200 in the British Championship theory...
Old 7 Mar 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3717067)   #37
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Nathan Heathcote in the C4, I think that leaves just one DS3? Maybe for Pat?
One of the articles (Lyddens website?) says that Heathcote is starting the season in the C4 but will probably switch to a DS3. So unless it's a direct swap with Pat (so Pat starts in the DS3 and swaps to the C4) then that's unlikely I'd have thought.

Quote:
That's the sensible guess: I'm still holding out for my RS200 in the British Championship theory...
So Liam in an RS200 in the British Championship and Pat in an RS200 in the Retros? The more RS200's the better
Old 7 Mar 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3717070)   #38
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
One of the articles (Lyddens website?) says that Heathcote is starting the season in the C4 but will probably switch to a DS3. So unless it's a direct swap with Pat (so Pat starts in the DS3 and swaps to the C4) then that's unlikely I'd have thought.
That might make sense. Liam currently has a DS3 in the US which I'm pretty sure is the car that Liam last used in the World Championship (and at the GP last year). It was shipped out to the US for "Doonies 3", so perhaps Heathcote will be getting that once it's back in the UK?

Heathcote must have significantly upped his budget for 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So Liam in an RS200 in the British Championship and Pat in an RS200 in the Retros? The more RS200's the better
I haven't checked the 2017 rules, but the 2016 regulations still made mention of Group B cars, so I think they are still permitted. Liam seems to have a lot of time for the older cars, so it seems like something he might do...

...or perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree! Possibility of Liam to Pikes Peak as well?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3717106)   #39
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we expecting Albatec in British RX in 2017?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Mar 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3717225)   #40
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
There's anotare announcement ok rallycrossbrx sure. A former motocross rider, Oliver Bennett, will race an OMSE fiesta. He's had rally experience too so expect decent things if the car is well put together.

My earlier pessimism seems to be premature
Old 8 Mar 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3717234)   #41
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Yeah, nice to see the numbers rising (and some different names in the mix as well). Think this is everyone so far...

Supercars:

Jake Harris - Citroen DS3
Oliver Bennett - Ford Fiesta
Nathan Heathcote - Citroen C4
Warren Scott - Citroen DS3

Super National:

Guy Corner - Peugeot 206
Paige Bellerby - Lotus Exige
Tony Lynch - Ford Ka
Tristan Ovenden - Renault Clio V6

Super 1600:

Craig Lomax - Citroen C2 S1600
Darren Scott - Citroen C2 S1600

RX 150:

Georgia Shiels - RX150
John Ward - RX150
Kirk Langley - RX150

Suzuki Swift:

Rob Shield - Suzuki Swift

Junior Rallycross:

James Constantine - Suzuki Swift Junior
Ole Henry Steinsholt - Suzuki Swift Junior
Thomas Middleton - Suzuki Swift Junior
Tom Constantine - Suzuki Swift Junior

...who have I missed?
Old 8 Mar 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3717264)   #42
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hopefully you've missed about 70 others!

Any news on Procter, Godfrey, Grint, Hill, others?!
Old 8 Mar 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3717273)   #43
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Hopefully you've missed about 70 others!

Any news on Procter, Godfrey, Grint, Hill, others?!
I think those listed above are those that have made official announcements about competing this season - everyone else is a TBC at the minute!
Old 8 Mar 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3717282)   #44
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 BMW Minis due at Croft, number might rise as the season progresses
Old 8 Mar 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3717301)   #45
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warren Scott can't drive sheep! Good job he has deep pockets.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3718494)   #46
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any sign of Croft entry list? Doing a day trip from Kent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Mar 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3718806)   #47
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, nice to see the numbers rising (and some different names in the mix as well). Think this is everyone so far...

Supercars:

Jake Harris - Citroen DS3
Oliver Bennett - Ford Fiesta
Nathan Heathcote - Citroen C4
Warren Scott - Citroen DS3

Super National:

Guy Corner - Peugeot 206
Paige Bellerby - Lotus Exige
Tony Lynch - Ford Ka
Tristan Ovenden - Renault Clio V6

Super 1600:

Craig Lomax - Citroen C2 S1600
Darren Scott - Citroen C2 S1600

RX 150:

Georgia Shiels - RX150
John Ward - RX150
Kirk Langley - RX150

Suzuki Swift:

Rob Shield - Suzuki Swift

Junior Rallycross:

James Constantine - Suzuki Swift Junior
Ole Henry Steinsholt - Suzuki Swift Junior
Thomas Middleton - Suzuki Swift Junior
Tom Constantine - Suzuki Swift Junior

...who have I missed?
There are definitely 15 Supernationals registered for this years championship up to now.
Including one very interesting returnee
And a change of class for a current champion.

Should be a very interesting battle for the title this year ...... and there will be plenty of us battling for the minor places as well
Old 15 Mar 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3718813)   #48
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Pretty rubbish not to have a list out yet... hopefully get to see one today
Old 15 Mar 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3718835)   #49
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
There are definitely 15 Supernationals registered for this years championship up to now.
Including one very interesting returnee
And a change of class for a current champion.
Well that's reassuring to read: be nice to have a full entry list at this point though!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3718846)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but here is the entry list:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/assets/...70314_1949.pdf

9 Supercars
12 Super National
11 Suzuki Swift
7 Suzuki Swift Junior
15 Super 1600/BMW MINI/Hot Hatch (5/8/2)
10 RX150
8 Retro Rallycross