Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Feb 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2834852)   #126
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we could see around 40 cars at Spa...

When people say that this could outshadow GT1 and GT3, they weren't kidding!
Old 21 Feb 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2834863)   #127
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
indeed. There are a lot of teams that are focusing more on the Endurance Series then the European GT3 championship.
Ratel may have found a very nice niche here.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2834874)   #128
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
So we could see around 40 cars at Spa..
Then again, when was the last time we didn't see around 40 cars at Spa?

Any chance of Callaway Corvette entry? Not sure about FIA GT3, but they're still in GT Masters... aren't they?
Old 21 Feb 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2834917)   #129
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we will see a lot more than 40 cars at Spa

I believe the 40 cars are for the 'normal' 3h races.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2834925)   #130
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
24h looks pretty healthy for sure, but I wouldn't be so sure for the remaining four races... seeing as we have under 20 full-time entries confirmed (early days I know). And I still think that the SRO made a mistake by continuing to life-support the separate FIA GT4, just integrating the championship into this series would have been a lot wiser.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 06:07 (Ref:2841947)   #131
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-I reports Hezemans and Longin teaming up with Vincent R in the Gravity SLS
Old 8 Mar 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2842053)   #132
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
E-I reported on their facebook page that Ratel confirmed between 45 and 50 entries in the series throughout the year.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2842416)   #133
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thats pretty healthy for the first year although it looks to come at the expense of FIA GT3. Both series are different (shorter v longer races) so hopefully both can survive on their respective merits.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2842426)   #134
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
2x Marc VDS Racing Team - Ford Mustang GT3
Scratch that, according to mr. Palttala it's a bye-bye for Mustangs - they're going to run two Ford GT3s instead. Same ex-Matech machines that were used in Spa 24 and few FIA GT3 rounds last year.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2842432)   #135
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats pretty healthy for the first year although it looks to come at the expense of FIA GT3. Both series are different (shorter v longer races) so hopefully both can survive on their respective merits.
If GT3 manages to get 20-30 entries then they're on pace with last year, which wouldn't be so bad.

I think the health may have been at the expense of GT Open, GT4 and, maybe, the bank for some teams that will try to juggle Endurance+GT3, Endurance+GT4, Endurance+ADAC Masters.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2842433)   #136
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Scratch that, according to mr. Palttala it's a bye-bye for Mustangs - they're going to run two Ford GT3s instead. Same ex-Matech machines that were used in Spa 24 and few FIA GT3 rounds last year.
Shame the Mustangs couldn't hold up. I first saw them at Brno. Beautiful machines but just couldn't get out of the back.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 01:05 (Ref:2842437)   #137
Deleted
Veteran

VDS had serious homologation issues with that poor Mustang last year, and now they've got enough of Fords to run anyways (with two "cleverly" disguised BR GT1 cars added to the campaign).
Old 9 Mar 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2842440)   #138
Deleted
Veteran

Oh, and apparently they had also considered stepping up to LMP2 - but that option was deemed too expensive and time-consuming. For now
Old 9 Mar 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2842505)   #139
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
E-I reported on their facebook page that Ratel confirmed between 45 and 50 entries in the series throughout the year.
Stephane confirmed yesterday 37 entries so far for Blancpain, 30-32 for FIA GT3 - 23 extras for Spa and "43 others that are interested in Blancpain"
Old 9 Mar 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2842821)   #140
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I had heard those numbers, and TBH, if they hold up, they have GOT to be good value to watch.
I look forward to the Blancpain races, though I note round 1 clashes with Spa LMS... And the Leffe is calling!
Old 9 Mar 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2842829)   #141
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I had heard those numbers, and TBH, if they hold up, they have GOT to be good value to watch.
I look forward to the Blancpain races, though I note round 1 clashes with Spa LMS... And the Leffe is calling!
No date-clash... Blancpain round one is on April 17th at Monza, Spa is only three weeks later.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2843017)   #142
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love how Ratel, having pushed the sportscar format firmly towards sprints, finds this the highlight of his career (before round 1, no less). Well, duh. We could have told him it was a good idea, but after BPR surely he could have figured that out himself. Now, of course, we come to what to do about the inevitable factory involvement in the pro category...

Blancpain seems to have done well with their branding here, given what we're all calling the series!
Old 9 Mar 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2843024)   #143
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The guys from E-I have the full entry list -here...

Some mistakes on that one, though, I think.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2843066)   #144
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No date-clash... Blancpain round one is on April 17th at Monza, Spa is only three weeks later.
Sorry, I was thinking of the GT1s... *BLUSH*
Old 10 Mar 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2843651)   #145
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They maybe running them in the shorter European series. Longevity is likely an issue.

It would be sad to see the Mustangs not on the grid, great car, was fast when they figured the ABS issues out.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2843657)   #146
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
They maybe running them in the shorter European series. Longevity is likely an issue.
It's actually the other way around - the team says that it's a good endurance car, but that they can't get it up to the outright speed needed for shorter events - and by short they appearantly mean anything up to and including three hours...

Edit: Here's the quote - full article here

Quote:
"We hebben een dinosaurus ontwikkeld en als zelfs Maxime Martin met die wagen geen resultaat kan halen, dan is het niet mogelijk", aldus een goed geplaatste bron binnen het team. "We zetten de wagens mogelijk wel in tijdens de 24 Uur van Spa, want betrouwbaar is de Mustang wel. Voor de Blancpain Endurance Series doen we een beroep op de beide Ford GT."
Translation:
Quote:
"We have developed a dinosaur and if even Maxime Martin can't achieve (good) results with that car, than it is impossible", tells us a well-placed source within the team. "We will field these cars perhaps during the 24hours of Spa, because the Mustang is really durable. For the Blancpain Endurance Series we will return to the two Ford GTs."
Edit2 and also from that article: An important piece I had overlooked:

The team has appearantly stopped the developement of the Mustang!

Last edited by Speed-King; 10 Mar 2011 at 23:08.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2843863)   #147
Deleted
Veteran

From Marc VDS website:

Quote:
Multimatic, the Marc VDS Racing Team's partner on the Ford Mustang GT3 project, will continue development of the car in 2011. The Canadian engineering company will race the car in selected events, with the aim being to return a fully race ready car to Europe in 2012.

"Our original intention was to complete the final development of the Ford Mustang GT3 by racing it in the Blancpain series. Now this task will be managed by Multimatic, as they have the resources available to finish the development process and realise the full potential of the Ford Mustang GT3; a task we simply wouldn't have been able to complete this season with our GT1 World Championship commitments," concluded Delporte.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2843943)   #148
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe they just don't have enough time because of having four cars in GT1 and almost the same cars in GT3? For me that Canadian Mustangs were much more 'real' than Swiss GTs.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2848074)   #149
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD View Post
Team Rhino's Leipert - Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ GT3
Mika Vahamaki run during the 2011 Blancpain Endurance series Leipert GT3 Lamborghini.