Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 27 Sep 2004, 12:37 (Ref:1108234)   #1
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you become a moderator

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how the moderators are chosen or asked, just for intrests sake.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1108250)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If we told you we'd have to kill you!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1108258)   #3
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That makes a lot of sence actually
Old 27 Sep 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1108273)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's all highly technical. We get together over a coffee and a hot keyboard, discuss everyone behind their backs, swan off to the pub and pull a few names out of a hat. Those unlucky enough to get their name pulled out have to become a moderator and buy drinks for the other moderators at the next witches, sorry moderators, meeting
Old 27 Sep 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1108275)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think you get the gist now Colin?
Old 27 Sep 2004, 13:39 (Ref:1108315)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah i get.... and if the choice is horrible failure....
you can blame it on a drunken moment as you select them in the pubs!!

very smart id say!!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:04 (Ref:1108516)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am still awaiting selection, surprisingly!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1108524)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not surprised.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1108549)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
If I was in that pub then my vote would go for oily oaf
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1108562)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's the landlord.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:37 (Ref:1108564)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The most important thing is that the mods do what is an unenviable task very well - and they assuredly do.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:45 (Ref:1108573)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I take it you are a moderator you have to be a vertran and to have been a member for a couple of years.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:48 (Ref:1108579)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guess who's bagging to be a mod!

*cough* KB *cough*

Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1108586)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1108591)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy

*cough* KB *cough*
Ive been suspecting it for quite a while....
Old 27 Sep 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1108594)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

*cough* KB *cough*

No.

I was simply praising those who keep the site running for us all to contribute our views and general nonsense!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1108598)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Given the opertunity would you take it on.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1108608)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Only joking KB....you should know me by now! hehehe....
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:14 (Ref:1108619)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
hey KB... those winkies a the end meant we're joking mate
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:27 (Ref:1108629)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I assume it's like the election of the president in 'Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. Anyone who wants to be a moderator is obviously unuitable and is disbarred!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1108645)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I often get the feeling that the mods can't express their true opinions sometimes because of their heightened responsibilities. They seem a little reluctant and sit on the fence at times or steal another mods views. ()

Or maybe they are just more rational!

Us normal posters often let emotion rule our posts and that's when people lose their cool, so i guess you need the cool headed mods.

I'd hate a forum without mods but one that was entirely made of mods would be just as bad!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 27 Sep 2004 at 18:40.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1108664)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Us normal posters often let emotion rule our posts and that's when people lose their cool, so i guess you need the cool headed mods.

In fact, I've deliberately lost most of my hair on the top of my head over the years in preparation for modding duties (extra cooling).

Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:57 (Ref:1108677)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason!

Ironically, the hair on my head is thinning........thanks for reminding me!
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1108686)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
so then there you have it.... David knowles has a thinning hairline... a perfect candidate for moderatorship....
Old 27 Sep 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1108689)   #25
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you become a moderator? Actually, I have the manual here, and can send it to you. Don't forget to read the all important final chapter: How to quit.