Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Mar 2018, 01:32 (Ref:3810780)   #51
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Really enjoyable GTS Race 2, great win by GMG. James Sofronas and Alex Welch is a solid combination.
Solid GTS debut for STR, podium for one car and Am win for the other.

Fantastic stuff from Mike and the Lizards, picked up 25 spots from where he started!
+1
Old 26 Mar 2018, 05:48 (Ref:3810805)   #52
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT Race 2 results:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...ekend-at-cota/

And results:

http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=PW...1206rc2pwx.pdf
Old 26 Mar 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3810966)   #53
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys! Was a tough weekend, but the team pulled through on Sunday.

Hoping the series does something with the sub-standard drivers out there before it shrinks the grid. I'm chatting with Jack Baldwin (GTS director/ex-GTS racer) and Greg Gill about it.

I'm afraid to receive the repair bill..... I think we took all the spares off the Audi truck to get the car fixed. :O

ps: I have tentenths stickers but forgot to get a good photo of them. I will at VIR!

-mike
Old 26 Mar 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3810983)   #54
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Thanks guys! Was a tough weekend, but the team pulled through on Sunday.

Hoping the series does something with the sub-standard drivers out there before it shrinks the grid. I'm chatting with Jack Baldwin (GTS director/ex-GTS racer) and Greg Gill about it.

I'm afraid to receive the repair bill..... I think we took all the spares off the Audi truck to get the car fixed. :O

ps: I have tentenths stickers but forgot to get a good photo of them. I will at VIR!

-mike
Aren't the race cars insured Mike? There is obviously the deductible to take into consideration of course!
Old 26 Mar 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3810987)   #55
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Aren't the race cars insured Mike? There is obviously the deductible to take into consideration of course!
No. I guess some people do, but I never do.

The way insurance for race cars typically works is it's like $10-20k per weekend up front for the "coverage", then you're liable for the first $25-50k of damage, then they cover up to another X% (which is generally less than the replacement value of the car).

-mike
Old 26 Mar 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3811061)   #56
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Mike, nice recovery race in race 2 there.

---------------------

About the GT and GTA Sprint X races. Looked like some solid races. A lot of drivers suprised me with their speed:
- Vilander and Molina had a perfect run.
- Skeen and Hackers some great performance. Hope that car returns in more rounds
- Same for Morad and Schiller, but seemed more inconsistent.
- The Pfaff Porsche got stronger and stronger during the weekend.
- Baptista showed great pace in the Bentley. Parenthe seems still struggling with the Bentley, although they not had the best preperation coming into the weekend.
- Wei Lu really suprised me. Strong showing and not gave away lot of time during his sting. Hope that TR3 Ferrari will return in Sprint as well.
- The Alegra Porsche seems to missing speed or something.
- Parker Chase seems to got some more speed as well, like Baptista. Great to see improvements BOP seems not in favour of the Audi and missing some top-end speed.
Old 27 Mar 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3811310)   #57
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Oh - sorry to hear that. I hope the issues get sorted out before the Long Beach round.
JCR won't be at Long Beach. Hopefully at VIR they can perform like they did in 2017. COTA they were down WAY too far on top end speed and couldn't get competitive times worth a darn. Don't blame them for taking the car home tbh.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3811456)   #58
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
JCR won't be at Long Beach. Hopefully at VIR they can perform like they did in 2017. COTA they were down WAY too far on top end speed and couldn't get competitive times worth a darn. Don't blame them for taking the car home tbh.
I can understand the decision not to take part in the Long Beach round. The Maserati has seldom performed well in street circuits.