Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2178354)   #801
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hang on, have I got my His-aqs and Prospeed's muddled up?!!!!

Oh bloody hell!!!

Old 15 Apr 2008, 23:02 (Ref:2178440)   #802
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, where has this no collard/westbrook come from?!?!

Just got the post above after typing that.

FEW!
Old 15 Apr 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2178454)   #803
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Shame to see Piccini in the RBImmo Saleen. Too right, he deserves a better car, wonder why he couldn't find a better drive?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 06:20 (Ref:2178538)   #804
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Shame to see Piccini in the RBImmo Saleen. Too right, he deserves a better car, wonder why he couldn't find a better drive?
Before you write them off completely, what is the source of this chassis?

Ex-Oreca, Ex-Gram Nash, Ex-RML, Ex-Zakspeed

If its Zakspeed or Oreca, I think this is a fine example of a S7R will prepped and all recent updates.

If its RML's or the Konrad or Nash car, heaven help them it even stays together...
Old 16 Apr 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2178556)   #805
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I dont have a problem with the Saleen although as you said it depends on the chassis. And in this case the RBImmo car is being run by Konrad, (they have a website-dont remember the address) so it would be a Konrad car. Yes and the car had problems at Monza test day too. The ex Zakspeed car is being raced by Peka Racing (Longin/Kumpen) in FIA GT and Larbre Competition have the ex Oreca cars.
In short, it won't be on the pace (even with a good driver) and whether it goes the distance will be another thing.

Last edited by rich07; 16 Apr 2008 at 06:58.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2178618)   #806
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
And as has been said before if Konrad or a wealthy amatuer were to spend money upgrading, it probably would be cheaper and more effective just to get hold of a newer chassis somehow.

However the plus point is it's another car in the series. Not that there isn;'t a fine entry already but there's enough cars lying about that could see the GT1 entry pushed upto 25 odd cars - the ex BMS DBR9's, ex Playteam MC12's, for starters - it won't happen as plans have already been made for the season elsewhere but we can but dream!

How about a final floursh in 2009 when anyone who's got a current spec GT1 and GT2 enters the series at least some of the time during the season - that would be awesome?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2178658)   #807
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must miss this race as business takes me out of the country but it will be interesting to see how the Prospeed Competition Porsche performs as we will see two works drivers together in a Michelin shod car for the first time since 2005. It will be a chance to see how the 430 and 997 compare on the same rubber with top drivers, should be good
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2179065)   #808
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
In short, it won't be on the pace (even with a good driver) and whether it goes the distance will be another thing.
Konrad Motorsport should be the best Saleen team out there . They have run Saleen's for something like the last 8 years . So they should really have a massive handle on the car by now .

But , if its one of their old chassis ..... I dont hold much faith !!!

Even Enge couldnt make it sing last year , so what would that tell you ?

BTW , I think Jos Menten will be the 2nd driver (EI) if I understand it correctly ? Brilliant driver line up Picinni-Menten .

Last edited by The Badger; 16 Apr 2008 at 16:59.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2179070)   #809
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man
I must miss this race as business takes me out of the country but it will be interesting to see how the Prospeed Competition Porsche performs as we will see two works drivers together in a Michelin shod car for the first time since 2005. It will be a chance to see how the 430 and 997 compare on the same rubber with top drivers, should be good
Miss it? Don't ye have a DVR/PVR?

Media Centre PC?

If not, PM me and I will tell you how you can see the entire race at your leisure, advert free!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2179075)   #810
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since this effectively is the off season thread, I reckon it's time to close it now to prevent duplication.

To talk about the first round at Silverstone, go here

To talk about anything else about the FIA GT (new entrants etc.), raise a new thread as appropriate.

Ta!
Closed Thread