Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jan 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3191804)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Both GT races have been on the monday since 2009, the last Saturday race was when it started snowing (yes, really) in 2008 and the Ginetta G50 vaulted the barrier at Cascades and caught fire.
Thanks, massive confusion on my part then. Will definitely have to attend.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3191811)   #27
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://blancpain-endurance-series.co...em.php?key=443

Dave Ryan of Von Ryan:
Quote:
We have one car pretty much guaranteed to do Blancpain Endurance Series and one car looking very good for British GT.
This was published on December 19, I'm not aware of any statements made since then.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3191822)   #28
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Would be perfect if the BGT brings Live Streams as well.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3191831)   #29
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
Surely all the know-how is there within SRO. It just comes down to money I suppose.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3191844)   #30
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
There was alot of talk at the end of last season of them either having live tv coverage or live online coverage of some kind for this season.
Old 21 Jan 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3191929)   #31
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
At least two Brit GT races are due to feature Live TV this year
Old 21 Jan 2013, 03:39 (Ref:3191968)   #32
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there a chance that SRO will put British GT races on youtube like they have for BES and FIA GT?
Old 23 Jan 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3193215)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not a surprise to see them back but here is the Beechdean press release. Entry confirmed today:

http://news.motorsportvision.co.uk/4...c7h6I4.twitter
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3194278)   #34
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not a surprise to see them back but here is the Beechdean press release. Entry confirmed today:

http://news.motorsportvision.co.uk/4...c7h6I4.twitter
Another confirmed GT3 Aston Martin too:

http://www.britishgt.com/newsitem.php?key=1711

Series looking unbelievably strong already. Doesn't seem to have been any news about Fortec since the announcement a while back. Teams like Motorbase, Rosso Verde, Speedworks, Preci-Spark, most GT4 teams and the Nissan GTR teams - are they all expected to return for this season? Heard nothing about them yet, but I guess it is still only January!
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3194279)   #35
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Preci-Spark should be back, the spare car they took to Dubai was supposed to be the car they were going to run in British GT but that is now in the hands of Black-Falcon, so either they will buy a new one or convert the car they ran in Dubai to Sprint spec.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3194322)   #36
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedworks announced a while back they were looking to sell the Corvette and return with new machinery. But as long as the Corvette is still for sale, who knows!
Old 30 Jan 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3196315)   #37
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few GT3 Astons and some GT4 Ginettas later, and the current list now stands at 32 cars - at this rate some circuits are going to be very crowded indeed!
Old 30 Jan 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3196332)   #38
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
What are the maximum # of starters for the different tracks? Assume Oulton will be the tightest?
Old 30 Jan 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3196337)   #39
Aaron Rodgers
Rookie

Italy
Near Monza
Aaron Rodgers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British will be the best GT champs this year, ADAC gt are suffering and GT tour not upgraded...in Italy we have three different championship, as always we don't go in the same direction all together
Old 31 Jan 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3196729)   #40
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
What are the maximum # of starters for the different tracks? Assume Oulton will be the tightest?
I'm sure I read recently that the Oulton limit is 32. I'd guess the rest of the circuits will be fine - even at this rate of entries.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3196805)   #41
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I believe the max for Oulton is either 30 or 31 - The total will be well north of 32
Old 1 Feb 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3196963)   #42
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I believe the max for Oulton is either 30 or 31 - The total will be well north of 32
Would that mean entries turned away or split races?
Old 1 Feb 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3197012)   #43
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Split races seem likely now that F3 has 'left the building'
Old 1 Feb 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3197056)   #44
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Split races seem likely now that F3 has 'left the building'
Hmm.... from what I've heard, not even that might be enough though, with GT3 numbers alone being likely north of 30. Heat races, anyone?
Old 1 Feb 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3197374)   #45
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Pre-qualifying on the Friday or Saturday for GT cars? Also, anyone have any ideas as to what the live races will be? logic dictates the season opener at Oulton Park and the season finale at Donington?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3198600)   #46
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using the Blue Book the smallest grid would be at Snetterton, where 33 cars can start. By way of comparison; Donington, Oulton and Rockingham can start 34 cars, Brands can start 38, whilst Silverstone can start 54. I'm unsure about Zandvoort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Pre-qualifying on the Friday or Saturday for GT cars?
I'd be surprised if that method were to be used as I can't see it being popular with entrants who may be forced to go home without racing. Also, in some instances (such as Brands), I would wager that their full quota of race days has been allocated and therefore it may not be possible to extend meetings to accomodate this.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3198724)   #47
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Using the Blue Book the smallest grid would be at Snetterton, where 33 cars can start. By way of comparison; Donington, Oulton and Rockingham can start 34 cars, Brands can start 38, whilst Silverstone can start 54. I'm unsure about Zandvoort.
Donington can only hold 34? How did LMS manage 41 in 2006, then? Did this change after the whole F1 debacle?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3198765)   #48
Coach Ep
Veteran

That was probably down to the duration of the race, for 6 hours more cars are allowed on the same track.

Zandvoort had 39 cars for the ADAC GT Masters last year so it'll be close to or around 40.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3198771)   #49
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That was probably down to the duration of the race, for 6 hours more cars are allowed on the same track.

Zandvoort had 39 cars for the ADAC GT Masters last year so it'll be close to or around 40.
I think it's also got to do with whether its a rolling start or not
Old 3 Feb 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3198780)   #50
Coach Ep
Veteran

No, there's a formula for it (it's in the big FIA book somewhere). Length and width of the track, duration of the race and type of cars (open/closed, gt/tour/sportscar/historic) all play a part. And something else that I can't remember right now...