Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Feb 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3505343)   #51
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In what? A Lamborghini? Porsche? Ford GT?
Bond..... James Bond
Old 16 Feb 2015, 04:41 (Ref:3505347)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JOHNSON AND CANTO JOIN AUSTRALIAN GT
Old 16 Feb 2015, 04:43 (Ref:3505348)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great additions.

This is going to be some season.
Old 16 Feb 2015, 06:13 (Ref:3505357)   #54
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That's some good names to join the championship, great to hear, we should see some more exciting races this year and Clipsal isn't far away.

And Bentley would be happy to see another car down here

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/02/16/be...-gt-expansion/
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:04 (Ref:3505386)   #55
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and all practice, qualifying and races live on fox!! big year for aus gt
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3505388)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Will be a shame that so many posters on here wont be able to watch it
Old 16 Feb 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3505422)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post

Wow that's pretty big news. Got anymore details?
Old 16 Feb 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3505562)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wow that's pretty big news. Got anymore details?
those races that are part of the v8 series will be shown as part of the foxtel telecast, It was in the v8 Sleuths summary from Sunday

V8 Coverage explained
Old 16 Feb 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3505589)   #59
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Will be a shame that so many posters on here wont be able to watch it
I'm with you there - very disappointing that the majority of Australians wont be able to access these races. Youtube might be the savour
Old 17 Feb 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3505641)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I'm with you there - very disappointing that the majority of Australians wont be able to access these races. Youtube might be the savour
so your upset with improved coverage?

previously no one could watch the races, now everyone can.

you couldn't even see them on you tube, now you hope you can

Cheer up good news
Old 17 Feb 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3505643)   #61
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like most, I'd say he's upset with the fact that you now have to pay $50/month to see the coverage.

There use to be highlights packages shown on Speedweek after the event, not even sure if these will continue now or not?
Old 17 Feb 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3505644)   #62
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Like most, I'd say he's upset with the fact that you now have to pay $50/month to see the coverage.

There use to be highlights packages shown on Speedweek after the event, not even sure if these will continue now or not?
and before you paid nothing to see nothing (except for a highlights package weeks latter (which may still happen))

so lets see nothing for nothing or everything for something

GTs involved with shannons rounds will be treated differently (i think its 1 round)
Old 17 Feb 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3505669)   #63
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Wheels mag:

GT: Betty has some decisions to make
THE 2015 season has barely begun and Betty Klimenko, the wealthy team owner of the Erebus GT sports car team (and the Erebus AMG V8 Supercar team), is already thinking about 2016.
Klimenko and husband Daniel, who runs the GT program, will be doing their usual double-barrelled act this season contesting the two series with AMG products – the E63 AMG in the Australian V8 Supercars Championship and the Mercedes SLS 63 AMG GT3 in the Australian GT Championship.
Speaking to Wheels at last weekend’s Bathurst 12 Hour about the raft of new GT cars coming on stream this year and next, including a replacement for the gullwing SLS 63 AMG GT3 racer, Klimenko declared candidly: “I’m already thinking about Mercedes’ move to the new AMG GT coupe and what I’ll do.
“Do I stay [in GT racing]? Do I go? If I stay, do I change brands?”
Trailblazer Klimenko, the first woman team owner to win a Bathurst 12 Hour (in 2013), has been a long-time Mercedes loyalist. But her relationship with Mercedes-Benz Australia has been stretched occasionally, mainly over the carmaker’s indifference to being part of V8 Supercars.
She has made it clear that, as she considers her options among the next generation of GT3 rockets, she won’t necessarily stick with the three-pointed star, if she elects to continue racing GT sports cars at all.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 05:26 (Ref:3505676)   #64
Reload
Veteran

Australia
The Maranello Motorsport Ferrari and Flying B Racing Bentley will be absent from the Australian GT season opener following significant damage sustained at the Bathurst 12 Hour Read More
Old 17 Feb 2015, 05:26 (Ref:3505677)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No Maranello Ferrari Or Flying B Bentley For Adelaide
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Feb 2015, 05:31 (Ref:3505678)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
From Wheels mag:

GT: Betty has some decisions to make
THE 2015 season has barely begun and Betty Klimenko, the wealthy team owner of the Erebus GT sports car team (and the Erebus AMG V8 Supercar team), is already thinking about 2016.
Klimenko and husband Daniel, who runs the GT program, will be doing their usual double-barrelled act this season contesting the two series with AMG products – the E63 AMG in the Australian V8 Supercars Championship and the Mercedes SLS 63 AMG GT3 in the Australian GT Championship.
Speaking to Wheels at last weekend’s Bathurst 12 Hour about the raft of new GT cars coming on stream this year and next, including a replacement for the gullwing SLS 63 AMG GT3 racer, Klimenko declared candidly: “I’m already thinking about Mercedes’ move to the new AMG GT coupe and what I’ll do.
“Do I stay [in GT racing]? Do I go? If I stay, do I change brands?”
Trailblazer Klimenko, the first woman team owner to win a Bathurst 12 Hour (in 2013), has been a long-time Mercedes loyalist. But her relationship with Mercedes-Benz Australia has been stretched occasionally, mainly over the carmaker’s indifference to being part of V8 Supercars.
She has made it clear that, as she considers her options among the next generation of GT3 rockets, she won’t necessarily stick with the three-pointed star, if she elects to continue racing GT sports cars at all.
Is the AMG GT homologated this year, and therefore eligible for B12 2016?
Old 17 Feb 2015, 05:49 (Ref:3505680)   #67
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is the AMG GT homologated this year, and therefore eligible for B12 2016?
I believe so.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 06:21 (Ref:3505685)   #68
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
The Maranello Motorsport Ferrari and Flying B Racing Bentley will be absent from the Australian GT season opener following significant damage sustained at the Bathurst 12 Hour Read More

What a massive shame. Was looking forward to seeing how the big Bentley would handle the streets of Adelaide but it seems the damage is worse then thought. Fair call by the team to sort the damage out without rushing and learning from the experience.

Wonder how DB's ribs are healing....

I really do hope Betty sticks with Mercedes, without her we wouldn't have seen the SLS in Aus GT until now and the likes of Bernd Schneider putting on a show at Homebush, not to mention their Bathurst 12hr exploits.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3505694)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I really do hope Betty sticks with Mercedes, without her we wouldn't have seen the SLS in Aus GT until now and the likes of Bernd Schneider putting on a show at Homebush, not to mention their Bathurst 12hr exploits.
Didnt notice AMG Customer Sport branding on either Benz at the 12 hour..
Old 17 Feb 2015, 07:06 (Ref:3505696)   #70
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No one could watch the coverage??? What?

In the last few years any GT rounds held on the V8 program either got shown live occasionally, or at the very least had their own dedicated highlights program a week or so later.

Will Channel 10/One be doing this for the GT events on the V8 program at V8 events?

If the GT races at V8 rounds are only shown on Foxtel, how is cutting off 66% of potential Australian eyeballs improved coverage?
Old 17 Feb 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3505705)   #71
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:

you couldn't even see them on you tube, now you hope you can

Cheer up good news
Mate - you could watch Aus GT races live via live stream (with all races then uploaded to Youtube or via Motorsport TV) at Shannons Rounds along with delayed coverage on speedweek.

I do very look forward to comparing the numbers that speedweek gathers vs that on Foxtel for the v8 telecast.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 08:40 (Ref:3505722)   #72
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe so.
I didn't think it was being done this year? I recall hearing the SLS will be running again in 2016.

Quote:
The racing car will be ready for customer teams in time for the 2016 FIA GT season and Moers is planning to launch the road version around the same time.
http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...official-49209
Old 17 Feb 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3505731)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Mate - you could watch Aus GT races live via live stream (with all races then uploaded to Youtube or via Motorsport TV) at Shannons Rounds along with delayed coverage on speedweek.

I do very look forward to comparing the numbers that speedweek gathers vs that on Foxtel for the v8 telecast.
you still can, when its part of shannons, no change live stream and no live tv coverage at all. expect like last year yo will get it on delay on speed week two or 3 weeks latter.

and i expect you may see some of the Gts on ten as at least 3 rounds tie up with ch tens rounds tie up with ch ten rounds

But for those with pay, every session live. best coverage they have ever had
Old 17 Feb 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3505732)   #74
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
But for those with pay, every session live. best coverage they have ever had
The most content they have ever had.

If no one (or relatively few) can see it - then this isnt the best coverage they have ever had.

There is a key difference
Old 17 Feb 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3505733)   #75
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Foxtel Go" people. Find a mate with Fox and log in with their account on your PC, tablet or phone.