Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jan 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3700781)   #1351
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Id love to see a "mainly black with red detailing" Honda for 2017.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3700809)   #1352
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who owns the car Alex Martin has been using in 2016, is it Alex or Team Parker?

The TBL is in the name of Team Parker Racing, and now that teams are not allowed to move licences now the series deadline has passed, the TBL cannot be sold.

If the car is owned by Alex Martin then it won't be able to be run by anyone else but Team Parker as all the other teams have their quota of TBL's.

If Team Parker own the car/or buy it from Alex, then it is just the huge matter of finding a driver with big enough pockets to pay for a season. I hope Team Parker are not left high and dry as they are a great team.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:33 (Ref:3700865)   #1353
Chester The Dog
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chester The Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Who owns the car Alex Martin has been using in 2016, is it Alex or Team Parker?

The TBL is in the name of Team Parker Racing, and now that teams are not allowed to move licences now the series deadline has passed, the TBL cannot be sold.

If the car is owned by Alex Martin then it won't be able to be run by anyone else but Team Parker as all the other teams have their quota of TBL's.

If Team Parker own the car/or buy it from Alex, then it is just the huge matter of finding a driver with big enough pockets to pay for a season. I hope Team Parker are not left high and dry as they are a great team.
IIRC the car was originally going to be run by Motorbase before their half year sabbatical. Could the car be heading back there and Team Parker running something else with a new driver?
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3700866)   #1354
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester The Dog View Post
IIRC the car was originally going to be run by Motorbase before their half year sabbatical. Could the car be heading back there and Team Parker running something else with a new driver?
Would Team Parker be better buying the car from Martin, rather than trying to buy/build a car that they are not that well acquainted with.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3700869)   #1355
Chester The Dog
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chester The Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would Team Parker be better buying the car from Martin, rather than trying to buy/build a car that they are not that well acquainted with.
Very much so if they have the option. Team Parker are too professional to be left high and dry by Alex Martin moving on though.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3700878)   #1356
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumours say Turkington to WSR and Collard to Motorbase... And Goff to BMR?
Old 8 Jan 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3700959)   #1357
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if Turks to WSR we have a real title contender as he doesn't have to deal with a prima donna ....
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3700974)   #1358
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if Turks to WSR we have a real title contender as he doesn't have to deal with a prima donna ....
To be honest if Turks or Priaulx been in a BMW in 2016 I think they'd of beaten Flash to the title. Would love to see Coin back 'home' at WSR.

Looks good for Jake Hill being on the grid too, he's at ASI so hoping there'll be an announcement involved!
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3700975)   #1359
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course Collard has driven for Motorbase before, but it's 10 seasons since he last drove a FWD tin top
Old 8 Jan 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3701020)   #1360
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Of course Collard has driven for Motorbase before, but it's 10 seasons since he last drove a FWD tin top
Yeah, it would be a huge step backwards in terms of championship contention if he is unable to retain his BMW seat. Not only due to the RWD/FWD switch but also as the Ford lacks consistency. Sure it was quick at the end of 2015 but with true ballasts and a fair boost level we saw that it was in the upper middle pack in 2016. The chassis either works with a particular circuit or not (unlike the Civic and to some degree now the A Class, which seem to go well at most tracks).
Old 8 Jan 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3701050)   #1361
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was mainly down to Jackson he finished in 3rd place in the championship and AJ was consistent enough to take the indy title
Old 8 Jan 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3701089)   #1362
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester The Dog View Post
Very much so if they have the option. Team Parker are too professional to be left high and dry by Alex Martin moving on though.
Martin said he'd sold the car and TBL, so as Parker we shown as having a TBL, I guess they'd bought that and the car together.

I think that Focus can still be competitive if they have the right driver, just finding the right driver with the right budget is the tricky part.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3701092)   #1363
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Martin said he'd sold the car and TBL, so as Parker we shown as having a TBL, I guess they'd bought that and the car together.

I think that Focus can still be competitive if they have the right driver, just finding the right driver with the right budget is the tricky part.
As I understand it, once the series entry deadline has passed then a TBL cannot be moved. The TBL is listed as belonging to Team Parker Racing, not Alex Martin or Dextra Racing, according to the TOCA press release.

I can only assume that Team Parker have bought the Focus, if they didn't own it in the first place.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3701129)   #1364
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it would be a bit of a case of trying to teach an old dog (nearly) new tricks this late on in Collard's career.

Also I beg to differ with suggestions that the Focus is a circuit dependent car more so than any other, the only circuit it seems to particularly struggle at is perhaps Oulton Park.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3701179)   #1365
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodeTheApex View Post
I think it would be a bit of a case of trying to teach an old dog (nearly) new tricks this late on in Collard's career.

Also I beg to differ with suggestions that the Focus is a circuit dependent car more so than any other, the only circuit it seems to particularly struggle at is perhaps Oulton Park.
They seemed down at Rockingham too, but that just could be my imagination. I just felt last year we saw more of the Hondas, BMWs, Subarus and MGs at the top (even then the MGs struggled towards the end of the year).

The Ford has only ever been at the sharp end repeatedly on reverse grids or when it was first launched (with no equalisation) or after the sabbatical (with helping hand from Toca if rumours are true). In both it's full seasons it's never had the straight line speed to keep it on the top step.

Like you say, it's the consistency of the drivers that's racked up the points, I felt last year both Andrew and Mat worked hard to finish where they did in the championship tables.

Hopefully the extra cash from a title sponsor should help get a bit of development going too!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3701193)   #1366
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Gilham's latest tweet:

Looking forward to next week & @Autosport_Show Meetings for @DunlopBTCC & @BritishGT #someoneold #someonenew #someoneborrowed #someone22

Could be for British GT, but this seems to hint that their driver will be running number 22.

So, my guess would be Paul Rivett as HARD's third driver? Either him or Jenson Button!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3701197)   #1367
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Tony Gilham's latest tweet:

Looking forward to next week & @Autosport_Show Meetings for @DunlopBTCC & @BritishGT #someoneold #someonenew #someoneborrowed #someone22

Could be for British GT, but this seems to hint that their driver will be running number 22.

So, my guess would be Paul Rivett as HARD's third driver? Either him or Jenson Button!
Or someone who is 22yrs old?

Old - Epps,
New - Burns,
Borrowed - ???
22 - ???

My guess is Michael Caine (borrowed), and the team numbers will be
12 - Epps,
22 - Burns,
32 - Caine
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3701201)   #1368
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Rumours say Collard to Motorbase...
Strange. But DUO is a backer of both Jackson and Collard, so perhaps makes economical sense for them to be in the same team?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3701202)   #1369
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Or someone who is 22yrs old?

Old - Epps,
New - Burns,
Borrowed - ???
22 - ???

My guess is Michael Caine (borrowed), and the team numbers will be
12 - Epps,
22 - Burns,
32 - Caine
Borrowed : Aron Taylor-Smith. Bmr driver under contract remember.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3701203)   #1370
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not sure why black would suggest something other than Halfords/Yuasa.
It didn't to me, but others posters a while back did. No worries.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3701210)   #1371
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
As I understand it, once the series entry deadline has passed then a TBL cannot be moved. The TBL is listed as belonging to Team Parker Racing, not Alex Martin or Dextra Racing, according to the TOCA press release.

I can only assume that Team Parker have bought the Focus, if they didn't own it in the first place.
Yeah, seems Team Parker obviously purchased the TBL off Martin as they were named on the TOCA list published, it would make sense that they bought the car too. Martin was quoted saying he'd sold both the car & TBL.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3701215)   #1372
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kia don't enter the BTCC with this;

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/detr...-sports-saloon

They'll never enter the BTCC. This seems an ideal car !
Old 9 Jan 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3701223)   #1373
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

Thought the exact same when I saw it... Its about time those 888 MG's were replaced! One can hope...
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3701237)   #1374
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I reckon it would be too long. Longer wheelbase than all cars in its class so could even compete with Merc E types. Not to mention no mention of it coming to the UK. Shame really.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3701243)   #1375
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The car will likely enter Supercars in Australia 2018.