Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Aug 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1990252)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Embassy Racing bold comment ...

Taken from Mariantic ...... from Motering news print edition .

"Embassy aiming to win the championship in 2008 - suprises & shocks expected! - Motorsport News (print)" .

Im not sure exactly what they mean by "championship" ?

Are they talking about overall honors or do they mean LMP2 ?

Have they got their hands on a Pugeot , an Audi or possibily an RS Spyder ?

Will Hughs and possibily Manning be their top drivers for next year ?

If they are talking about LMP2 , surly they will need a RS Spyder to beat the rest ?

Guess this means the end to the Pilbeam and the Radical too ?

Its a very brave comment to make nomatter how you look at it .....
Old 16 Aug 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1990497)   #2
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Claiming to be running for the championship in 2008 and then running the Pilbeam would be the height of shock and surprise.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1990508)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Claiming to be running for the championship in 2008 and then running the Pilbeam would be the height of shock and surprise.
... or comedy.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1990538)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
... or comedy.
Quite so.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 23:14 (Ref:1990553)   #5
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they're buying the CET Spyder.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 02:13 (Ref:1990622)   #6
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By championship they must mean a class championship. That's pretty obvious. I bet they've either got themselves a CET Spyder or have ordered themselves another one - though the CET car would be just as fresh - sadly. Anyone know if the CET car has Porsche's endurance spec motor or the sprint spec motor?

Chris
Old 17 Aug 2007, 07:06 (Ref:1990726)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just not convinced Embassy have the funding for a Spyder. And, after the build up to the Pilbeam announcement, I shan't hold my breath this time around. I just hope we get the right sort of shock/surprise. They are a good time, and with Alastair MacQueen on board, there really is no excuse for another equipment cock-up!

For my money, the Le Mans 'Lowes' Zytek would provide the team with a serious piece of kit with which they might just be able to clinch the LMS LMP2 championship. I really don't think you need a Spyder to be successful in the Le Mans Series (at least in 2008).
Old 17 Aug 2007, 07:40 (Ref:1990744)   #8
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
My first though was Zytek as well...
Old 17 Aug 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1990752)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As people may know they are my local team as they are only just over a mile up the road from here.

I wouldn't be to sure about the funding issue from what I understand Jonathan France underwrites the whole project. It is worth remembering that they are also now run 2 bikes in British Superstock Motorcycle championship this year. His company is also the main Sponsors of Wakefield Trinity Wildcats rugby league team.

As for next year, the Spyder is good shout and there is a link, it is worth remembering that they ran a 911 in the British GT Championship and at a FIA GT Meetings back in 2005 and remember who drove the car at the Spa 24 Hours that year Sascha Maassen who IIRC is a Porsche works drivers.

So I will watch with interest to see what they do. If you want I will go sit outside the workshop so I can keep you informed on any coming and going's, because it was me that sort of broke the news about the Radical as I just happen to passing as the Rollcentre Transportor left !!!
Old 17 Aug 2007, 09:33 (Ref:1990805)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Do they own or lease the Radical & Pilbeam .

Wasnt there a rumour about another RS Spyder , or was that for the ALMS ?
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:10 (Ref:1990855)   #11
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just seen a story on crash.net that Embassy have retained Warren Hughes' skillz (sic) for a 3 year period, so whatever their plans they are obviously looking long-term.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1990861)   #12
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
This says it all:
Quote:
“I realise that there has been considerable speculation as to our choice of chassis for next year, and whilst we already own a Pilbeam and a Radical, I can only comment that next year's car will have a hint of Germanic engineering somewhere in its genes!”
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1990866)   #13
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Do they own or lease the Radical & Pilbeam.
They bought the Radical from Rollcentre and I doubt Pilbeam leases cars. IIRC, from some discussion in here, Judd engines are leased.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1990872)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
This says it all:
Its gotta be an RS Spyder then ..... with Warren Hughs as well . Now , thats great news !!!

Looks like there will be at least 2 if not 3 RS Spyders in the LMS next year . I reckon BMS will have 1 if not 2 chassis .

What does "IIRC" mean please ?
Old 17 Aug 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1990912)   #15
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Probably a Spyder, then. Embassy wouldn't get their hands on an Audi R10, would they??

Maybe another Lola-Audi, though. He speaks about hints of Germanic engineering on the car not on the chassis...

IIRC= If I remember correctly
Old 17 Aug 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1990918)   #16
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe they've landed a deal to run a 'customer' R10 just to keep Peugeot honest next year?
Old 17 Aug 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1990954)   #17
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Maybe another Lola-Audi, though. He speaks about hints of Germanic engineering on the car not on the chassis...
The Audi V8 FSI is supposed to be a 3 year exclusive deal
Old 17 Aug 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1990968)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

But a car is a chassis or not ?

I cant see anybody but the best of teams getting their little mits on an R10 ..... for example Jöst , Oreca , Audi Sport UK , at least not until 2009 .

With Embassy having a connection with Porsche already , I reckon a Spyder is the best bet .
Old 17 Aug 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1991013)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reading DSC's Friday Afternoon Notes from Spa, Jonathan France has revealed that the team are moving from their current 3,000 square foot workshop to a new 20,000 square foot workshop. Just a small increase in size then.............
Old 17 Aug 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1991015)   #20
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I'm just not convinced Embassy have the funding for a Spyder. And, after the build up to the Pilbeam announcement, I shan't hold my breath this time around. I just hope we get the right sort of shock/surprise. They are a good time, and with Alastair MacQueen on board, there really is no excuse for another equipment cock-up!

For my money, the Le Mans 'Lowes' Zytek would provide the team with a serious piece of kit with which they might just be able to clinch the LMS LMP2 championship. I really don't think you need a Spyder to be successful in the Le Mans Series (at least in 2008).
Sorry, must have been dreaming about the Embassy Girls when I wrote that ().........I meant to say "They are a good team".

Last edited by Bentley03; 17 Aug 2007 at 15:43.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 07:26 (Ref:1991114)   #21
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they bought THE Lola-Audi, and are not getting another one.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1991142)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, must have been dreaming about the Embassy Girls when I wrote that ().........I meant to say "They are a good team".
Yeah yeah ..............
Old 18 Aug 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1991164)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
The Audi V8 FSI is supposed to be a 3 year exclusive deal
Indeed, but the current deal appears to have collapsed. If you take Jonathan's quote literally, "a hint of Germanic engineering somewhere in it's genes" Lola-Audi makes more sense. Moreover, we've had nothing official as to who exactly is taking over where Swiss Spirit left off. Could it be Embassy.........
Old 18 Aug 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1991229)   #24
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pictures???
Old 18 Aug 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1991239)   #25
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's a Pilbeam-Audi