Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Sep 2007, 00:42 (Ref:2006505)   #1
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brock's Millions

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...2-2702,00.html

A year has past and I think it's appropriate now to discuss such things especially when it concerns the legacy of Peter Brock and the future of that legacy.

I was reading the australian today as I do and came across this article.

Personally I think Ms. Bamford is out of line. 15 months as a girlfriend with no signed will leaving her anything doesn't do it, dear. Sure I could see being given some money, but given a part of his name, endorsements, copyrights, etc. is out of order. Sorry. That should be left to his children.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 05:56 (Ref:2006570)   #2
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I 100% agree, I do think this is something that needs to be discussed elsewhere.....
Old 8 Sep 2007, 07:19 (Ref:2006592)   #3
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did the dear Ms. Bamford bring to the relationship that contributed so much to the Brock family coffers?
Old 8 Sep 2007, 08:35 (Ref:2006625)   #4
ozmotorsport
Rookie

ozmotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brocky

i would say that it is no one elses business bar the people involved!
this is a public forum for **** sake

Last edited by Woolley; 8 Sep 2007 at 11:11. Reason: Autocensor dodging
Old 8 Sep 2007, 09:00 (Ref:2006640)   #5
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NOYB = None Of Your Business
Old 8 Sep 2007, 09:34 (Ref:2006668)   #6
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
is out of line
Is the only part that you got right , you are out of line , everyone's private life deserves to stay that way , especially with a bloke who is a hero to many .

Last edited by venturi; 8 Sep 2007 at 09:41.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 10:02 (Ref:2006683)   #7
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
since when has a public figure head had a private life???

While Peter may RIP the battle for his dollars will remain in the media and so will his private life.

I have to say I hope the Kids get well looked after as they have had to deal with Peters high profile while they have grown been growing up
Old 8 Sep 2007, 10:14 (Ref:2006690)   #8
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group'C'
since when has a public figure head had a private life???

While Peter may RIP the battle for his dollars will remain in the media and so will his private life
That may be the case but does it really need to be discussed in a public forum
Old 8 Sep 2007, 10:17 (Ref:2006693)   #9
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that this has now been listed for hearing in the Victorian Supreme Court means this is no longer a private matter whether his fans agree or not.

Having said that expect one of two things to happen.

1. If the Supreme Court rule in favour of either of the latter two wills then appeals are going to string this out for quite a long time.

2. If they rule in favour of the original will there could well be some major repercussions involving the Brock Foundation.

And, again, all of this will be aired in public.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 10:27 (Ref:2006697)   #10
venturi
Racer

Australia
Great news for NewsStalker I guess , hope you enjoy someone's dirty laundry being aired in public .

I guesss I just have some respect , sorry if it upsets you .
Old 8 Sep 2007, 10:42 (Ref:2006706)   #11
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi
Great news for NewsStalker I guess , hope you enjoy someone's dirty laundry being aired in public .

I guesss I just have some respect , sorry if it upsets you .

Just goes to show how interesting the racing is when we are discussing this? Surely there is something worthwhile we can talk about.

PS NewsStalker, you didn't happened to have gone to the AA school of journalism did you?

Last edited by pete55; 8 Sep 2007 at 10:46.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 11:33 (Ref:2006737)   #12
NewsStalker
Veteran

Didn't say I enjoyed it or do it - but you have missed one important aspect - it IS listed for the Superme Court and it ISN'T being suppressed, therefore it IS going to be aired whether you, I or Joe Bloggs likes it or not.

And, considering who this is all about, you can virtually guarantee that the newspapers, AA, MSN, This Day Tonight, A Current Affair et al are all going to play it up as much as they can.

Like I said - doesn't mean you or I have to like it but, sometimes, life sucks. So what do you want done? Any threads about this (or any other 'touchy' subject) banned from these and other forums? There are a number of threads here that I personally believe shouldn't continue to run - but they are allowed. Why is this so different?
Old 8 Sep 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2006761)   #13
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man
NOYB = None Of Your Business
When parties choose to bring such issues before the courts it becomes everyones business.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 13:30 (Ref:2006817)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmotorsport
i would say that it is no one elses business bar the people involved!
this is a public forum for **** sake
Here here mate, I loved Brocky for his on track brilliance and his appreciation for the fans and motorsport public in general, what he done in his private life and what is now happening after the fact, should remain tout of the public, and i will always remember Brocky for what he done on the track and how he was with me when i met him and thousands oif other fans.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 15:09 (Ref:2006892)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With all due respect, I think a lot of you guys are pole vaulting over mouse turds.

His death affected me strongly. But if you can't handle discussing his life, then don't partcipate. The time for black armbands is over and if you actually followed Brocky's own principles I don't think he would have wanted people walking around with their heads hung low with black armbands on for the rest of their life!

This is an important issue, and it's a PUBLIC issue because what is at stake here is the control of his PUBLIC IMAGE AND LEGACY, not his private life! Jeesh.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2006928)   #16
Da Moo
Racer

Da Moo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I completely agree with Mountainstar....you all sound like a bunch of school kids!!! What happens if this blow in (Bamford) starting using PB's name and image in a poor light - you would all be carrying on then.

He is a public figure and this is a public issue. Do you think Rugby League fans didnt discuss Andrew John' drug and depression issues????

Grow up and deal with it for gods sake.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 20:53 (Ref:2007072)   #17
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
reminds me of the old saying "where there's a will there's a relative".

Seriously, PB was not noted for his paperwork, and it's now come back to haunt those close to him.

Whilst I agree Ms Bamford deserves something, the Brock name is sacred and needs to be controlled by somone who understands just what it means. I don't know any of the parties involved personally, so I'm not going to make judgement on who is worthy or not to use the name.

The fact hat it has to go the the supreme court is upsetting for everyone.

And I do think it is proper that this is discussed here, after all, people had no issues discussing Dick Johnson's (alleged) financial diffficulties.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2007078)   #18
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170
And I do think it is proper that this is discussed here, after all, people had no issues discussing Dick Johnson's (alleged) financial diffficulties.
Brocky is not around to defend any allegations or give his side of the story, that makes it a little bit different.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 21:25 (Ref:2007084)   #19
pete55
Veteran

Old 9 Sep 2007, 10:31 (Ref:2007403)   #20
NewsStalker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Brocky is not around to defend any allegations or give his side of the story, that makes it a little bit different.
Come again? The issue is whether an unsigned will, a signed will with no content or a signed will WITH content is Brocks actual Last Will and Testament. He doesn't have to be around to 'give his side' - with all due respect to Brock, he gave his side when he made each of those wills and the lawyers for the families are now asking for a decision as to which one is valid.

Personally I am surprised it even has to go to the Supreme Court - a Will needs to have content AND be signed to be valid.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 19:04 (Ref:2007839)   #21
Da Moo
Racer

Da Moo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know Miss Bamford either but she was there for 5 minutes and wants a significant slice - I have no respect for her and consider her an absolute low life if she is trying to take what belongs to PBs kids.

Bev was with him for 28 years or something close to that and even she says it should be going to the kids so how Miss Bamford thinks she deserves it is beyond me.

The will wasnt signed and I find it sickening that she would fight his kids for it.

People like that disgust me.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:55 (Ref:2007984)   #22
NewsStalker
Veteran

Interesting question that was asked of me yesterday by a non-motor sport fan:

"Why is his (Peter's) brother always being seen with Bamford lately - is there something going on there?"
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2008010)   #23
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
Interesting question that was asked of me yesterday by a non-motor sport fan:

"Why is his (Peter's) brother always being seen with Bamford lately - is there something going on there?"
So now this is all about Peter's brothers now.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:16 (Ref:2008068)   #24
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Moo
I dont know Miss Bamford either but she was there for 5 minutes and wants a significant slice - I have no respect for her and consider her an absolute low life if she is trying to take what belongs to PBs kids.

Bev was with him for 28 years or something close to that and even she says it should be going to the kids so how Miss Bamford thinks she deserves it is beyond me.

The will wasnt signed and I find it sickening that she would fight his kids for it.

People like that disgust me.
What disgusts you ??
I last saw Brock race in a historics meet at PI just before heading off to Goodwood - Ms Bamford was with him & they sure seemed happy.
Are you a card carrying member of the thought police or just a blow-in?
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:34 (Ref:2008075)   #25
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree cavvy

the woman you (Da Moo) are referring to was Brock's partner, and had been for some time.