Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2017, 05:16 (Ref:3735808)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I like sea creatures, so please speake for yourselve!
Well next january Ian and i can introduce you to that london delicacy and to jellied ells, i will stick to pie and mash.
Old 25 May 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3735832)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Simon, If I don't make a mistake, we call them BIGORNEAU . We eat them with a slice of bread and salted butter or mayonnaise. MIAM!!!!
Yep, bigorneau is correct Eric!

I can't honestly say I'm a big fan...
Old 25 May 2017, 17:55 (Ref:3735974)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's certainly a 'No' from me....
Old 25 May 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3736035)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Andrew we agree on something
Old 25 May 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3736039)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There you go Simon - you do have good taste after all......
Old 25 May 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3736048)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
not sure that not liking snall sea snails counts as good taste but there we go
Old 26 May 2017, 05:53 (Ref:3736098)   #32
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

And an even bigor neau from me.....
Old 26 May 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3736146)   #33
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Simon, If I don't make a mistake, we call them BIGORNEAU . We eat them with a slice of bread and salted butter or mayonnaise. MIAM!!!!
They're fantastic, along with an array of other sea creatures. One of the rainy evenings last year Carrefour did us a spectacular fruits de mer platter which was highly worthwhile.

Appreciate they're not for everyone, but that just leaves all the more for those of that do indulge...

Old 26 May 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3736198)   #34
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
They're fantastic, along with an array of other sea creatures. One of the rainy evenings last year Carrefour did us a spectacular fruits de mer platter which was highly worthwhile.

Appreciate they're not for everyone, but that just leaves all the more for those of that do indulge...

Yes a real delight !!!! And with dry White wine! Miam😉
Old 29 May 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3737151)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just checked the weather again and the saturday of test weekend is showing thunderstorms again and something ayse bans is predicted for the friday of le mans week
Old 29 May 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3737172)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If it just non-suns on the Friday, I can live with that...... James and I can watch the mad bicycle marshal in the car park again.......
Old 29 May 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3737179)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
If it just non-suns on the Friday, I can live with that...... James and I can watch the mad bicycle marshal in the car park again.......
?

surely you will have better things to do on the friday
Old 29 May 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3737181)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not really, to be honest. We'll probably do the pitwalk on Wednesday morning when there's virtually no-one there.
Old 29 May 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3737206)   #39
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just checked the weather again and the saturday of test weekend is showing thunderstorms again and something ayse bans is predicted for the friday of le mans week
On saturday thunderstorms?? Where? In Kent maybe Simon ?
http://www.meteofrance.com/prevision.../le-mans/72000
Old 29 May 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3737215)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Accuweather
Old 29 May 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3737240)   #41
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Accuweather
Let's keep optimistic Simon!
Old 29 May 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3737251)   #42
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Have checked and goretex fits into the go bag (assuming it's sitting under my legs in the MR2) so fine for Saturday test day, and as for Friday? We'll be pitching camp, which is dismal in the wet, but I'm sure we can push through.
Old 30 May 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3737302)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Have checked and goretex fits into the go bag (assuming it's sitting under my legs in the MR2) so fine for Saturday test day, and as for Friday? We'll be pitching camp, which is dismal in the wet, but I'm sure we can push through.
We will be ok, for test day i am sure, if you are arriving on Friday this year you will be able to takeover the space vince will be vacating, doubt there will be much room elsewhere on the site friday
Old 30 May 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3737319)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably checking the weather now is a decent shout. As fairly soon the forecast will completely change in the days leading up to the race. And then switch back again just before we set off.
Old 30 May 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3737443)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
We will be ok, for test day i am sure, if you are arriving on Friday this year you will be able to takeover the space vince will be vacating, doubt there will be much room elsewhere on the site friday
Synchronising that arrival and departure could be very handy!
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3738350)   #46
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Lets keep the forecast as it is today:

wed- sat: Dry at mid 20s
Old 5 Jun 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3738768)   #47
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Getting closer now, could we say weatherforcast is more reliable now. It is going to be a warm one, not like 2005, but still. Yeaaaaaaah love it. Sun sun sun and more sun. I'll bring a extra gazebo for shade on the campsite.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3738770)   #48
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Getting closer now, could we say weatherforcast is more reliable now. It is going to be a warm one, not like 2005, but still. Yeaaaaaaah love it. Sun sun sun and more sun. I'll bring a extra gazebo for shade on the campsite.
Latest forecast I saw calls for a 60-90% chance of sun on race week days, but with the lower end of that chance interval on Friday and Saturday. Still warm though, 24-28 degrees C as maximum temps.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3738805)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Better than today in the south of England hopefully.....
Old 8 Jun 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3739552)   #50
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://m.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-ma...orecast/135975

Oh yeah, not much will change now, pack your swimmingsuits and suncream, it is going to be a hot one.