Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 May 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3538605)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 5 Nov 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3588444)   #27
Cargirl
Rookie

Cargirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley Belles

Well I am incredibly jealous of the women because they are living a dream that I have yet to attain.

But I am incredibly impressed at how the men on this forum stepped up to defend these awesome women. Talk about a breath of fresh air. Sometimes I have to leave a sight because it gets very misogynistic - as though they would never consider women are part of their forum.
I am still traumatized by a car ad with the slogan "there's no such thing as sloppy seconds". And I work in a male dominated business. It takes a lot to offend me.

So kudos to you gentlemen. Good and valid points all (well most all).
Old 6 Nov 2015, 05:37 (Ref:3588516)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear that Suzy Woolf has decided to retire saying the top end F1 is male dominated.Seems odd the champ chooses to try to look like a woman.
Personally I think there is much more room for female competitors.Over here we have quite a few very quick girl drivers who shock male drivers in M3s and the like, made worse by a girl driver in a Cooper S.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 05:44 (Ref:3588517)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I would not feel to sorry for her . Don't know the lady but she seems like a nice person when on the tele . Top Gear Presenter???
Old 6 Nov 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3588561)   #30
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like many I originally thought that she had got where she had through family connections (like many others) and that her previous results would not have got a male in to that position. But her outings in F1 practice sessions this year changed my opinion and I'm sorry she has not had the chance to race.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3588590)   #31
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Like many I originally thought that she had got where she had through family connections (like many others) and that her previous results would not have got a male in to that position. But her outings in F1 practice sessions this year changed my opinion and I'm sorry she has not had the chance to race.
I agree with you,but not sure why we are discussing Suzie here as we already have 2 threads in her name on this forum-have also found her own coments on facebook
I would more info on these so called Bentley Belles-a term I think used previously for ladies that raced at le Mans in 1930s? Had not heard of these girls before-how did they get on in Spa 6hrs with modern VW?
Old 6 Nov 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3588642)   #32
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cargirl View Post
Well I am incredibly jealous of the women because they are living a dream that I have yet to attain.

But I am incredibly impressed at how the men on this forum stepped up to defend these awesome women. Talk about a breath of fresh air. Sometimes I have to leave a sight because it gets very misogynistic - as though they would never consider women are part of their forum.
I am still traumatized by a car ad with the slogan "there's no such thing as sloppy seconds". And I work in a male dominated business. It takes a lot to offend me.

So kudos to you gentlemen. Good and valid points all (well most all).
A belated welcome to tenths cargirl, only seven and a half years for your first post. There's quite a few women on here anyway and we consider everyone part of the group, male or female so please don't wait so long until your next contribution.