Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2994713)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CSCC and HRDC Series - Summer Classic

All CSCC and HRDC Series (except GTS65).
Old 16 May 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3075132)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Spa Summer Classic 14-16th June

I'm sure Peters already clocked this one somewhere, so perhaps he can merge with the other thread?

Brian A sent me the 3 page Belgian RAC papers (from Julius) for eligibility at this meeting and we thought it would be good to share, as whilst it may be a clubby meeting in Belgium, they tens to run as the FIA over there, and we don't

I'm sure the CSCC etc will have done their bit also, and I don't want to teach people to suck eggs, however, its a reasonably big trip for many and the last thing you want is a DNS or a massive bill and a pile of perfectly good spare parts.

now . . .how do I upload PDF's!

I've just been to Corbeau and collected my new seat
Old 16 May 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3075136)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IF all goe's according to plan,could well be the first for a certain Black Capri
Old 16 May 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3075137)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
does this work
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Safety Appendix K.PDF (128.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 16 May 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3075141)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joe,

Your wish is my command. I was hoping to do this one but I've plumped for the MGCC at silverstone the following week. Hope it all goes well.
Old 16 May 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3075151)   #6
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crosslé 9S Challenge at Spa Summer Classic

This is a great meeting with a big UK contingent joining the European runners.

Our Crosslé Owners Group have been going there for a number of years and it's a great opportunity for us to meet up with the Swiss, German and French owners and guest drivers.

The Spa Ardennes/Crosslé Challenge 90 mins. race is our target, a snip at £620 with 30 mins. practice and an opportunity for shared drive. We have our own results classification and will bring probably 18 cars to the meeting this year, mostly 9S, but also some invited guests.

Anyone with a suitable car who fancies the outing and is not aligned to an organising club can download the entry form from the COG site - http://www.crossleownersgroup.com/ .
Old 16 May 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3075152)   #7
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zef, I had a problem with a Corbeau seat at Spa in the Mexico a few years ago, the Belgian scrutineer wouldn't let me race as Corbeau seats had their FIA approval withdrawn!!!!

Double check that your shiny new seat is going to be accepted before you fit it, as you don't want to have wasted your money.

Hope its ok, but better safe than sorry.
Old 16 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3075154)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Cliff, will do, it has the all new super shiny stickers and holograms etc on it . . . so it bloody well better be. Having happily used Sparco for 10 years I only went to Corbeau as they're local.
Old 16 May 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3075155)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
it'll be seats and extinguishers where people get cought out, and it'll be 50's saloons and the club spec sports cars I guess.

THe Belgians are a law unto themselves as we know . . .I had a row with a scrutineer a few years back for having black roundels . . . he refused to pass me, even with PP's approval from race control, annoying thing was, the car in front of me passed with black roundels.
Old 16 May 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3075186)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
it'll be seats and extinguishers where people get cought out, and it'll be 50's saloons and the club spec sports cars I guess.
it'll also be gloves, boots, long johns, tops, the works. I'm ready for the year they insist on arm restraints in open cars - the Dutch had us on those a few years back !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
THe Belgians are a law unto themselves ......
too true
Old 16 May 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3075191)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Fortunately my threads are still good . . . . we did get gloves and boots checked at Snett, which is a first, they didn't even bother with them at LMC, and the French tought the Belgians everything they know!
Old 16 May 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3075390)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Gloves, boots, underwear, helmets/overalls all got checked at Spa last year.
Old 17 May 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3075604)   #13
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Joe,

Your wish is my command. I was hoping to do this one but I've plumped for the MGCC at silverstone the following week. Hope it all goes well.

And what's wrong with doing them both? Loads of repair time between
Old 17 May 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3075907)   #14
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
And what's wrong with doing them both? Loads of repair time between
Some of us still have to work for a living - gets in the way of all the race prep!
Old 18 May 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3076024)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That's the strengh of it really. I have limited time and with a 9 hour journey each way, even a one day meeting means a loss of earnings. But things may change after September. Then I may not have a job to worry about.
Old 19 May 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3076364)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
you've been saying that for 3 years or more now!

fitted my new seat yesterday, got it a bit lower this time, hate to say it but the Sparco is a better seat IMO.
Old 19 May 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3076464)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Busted!

Reminds me I need to order my Tillet for the MG.
Old 20 May 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3076726)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I was hoping to take Ol Bumble the yellow Camaro out with the historic v8s but my co-driver is otherwise engaged and I couldn't do it on my own. Mind you from what you are saying they would probable have thrown me out for something silly like my OMP FIA spec seat out of date so just as well. There loss for being so inflexible IMHO.
Old 20 May 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3076866)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
some of the series have exemptions . . .where there's a will there's a way Al, I've always loved your never say die optimism
Old 21 May 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3077249)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its me always say die wallet I have to worry about! I genuinely would have done it with Cliff and the car is ready to go but Cliff is in the States racing the Mustang the previous weekend and its his son's 21st that weekend so thats out shame I would liked to have done it just the once. BTW I checked the seat in the car yesterday its an OMP FIA seat with a number like 8680 and 1991 on it, does that ring a bell I am guessing its an old standard?
Old 21 May 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3077301)   #21
alfaracer156
Rookie

Ireland
Royston,Herts
alfaracer156 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Its me always say die wallet I have to worry about! I genuinely would have done it with Cliff and the car is ready to go but Cliff is in the States racing the Mustang the previous weekend and its his son's 21st that weekend so thats out shame I would liked to have done it just the once. BTW I checked the seat in the car yesterday its an OMP FIA seat with a number like 8680 and 1991 on it, does that ring a bell I am guessing its an old standard?
If thats the only reason not to go I will take his place and pay towards the drive etc. I've done Spa in a V8 before. Regards Mike Watson
Old 21 May 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3077308)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
With respect Mike and thanks for the offer but I trust Cliff and know him well and he also trusted me with his beloved Mustang around Daytona and I know he wouldn't leave me in the lurch if the unthinkable happened as I wouldn't him and thats not saying for a moment you would but I don't know you, its a big deal for me putting someone else into one of my cars. Its not the most forgiving old tank to drive either and can bite you back when you least expect it I doubt you would over enjoy the experience anyhow especially if its raining!!!.
Old 21 May 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3077312)   #23
alfaracer156
Rookie

Ireland
Royston,Herts
alfaracer156 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa

Al,I have done Spa in the rain in Gt's,also I used to race a 65 Vette. Mike
Old 21 May 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3077326)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
OK let me think about it.
Old 21 May 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3077330)   #25
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a little worried after reading some of this thread about passing scrutineering at Spa.... I thought (was told) that the rule was if you had FIA rated equipment it had to be up to date. I have a non-FIA seat in my Sebring Sprite...what is the view? Will this be Ok or do Belgian scrutineers insist on FIA seats?
Help appreciated!
Thanks all.
Burfs.