Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3791068)   #1591
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Pruett saw his time was probably up. At his age one bad season would do it. And he was horrific in the Lexus in 2017.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3791069)   #1592
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTD full season prospects looks a tad better than a few days ago:
-#14 Lexus is set for full run
-#Turner BMW is optimistic
-#Shank working on expanding #86 Acura
-Wright looking at 2nd Porsche

I think we are still wondering why Alegra disappeared so fast and perhaps we'll get answers about Park Place during the entry list day for WEC?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3791187)   #1593
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was it widely known that IMSA have started to use fuel flow sensors?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3791210)   #1594
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Was it widely known that IMSA have started to use fuel flow sensors?
They announced it a while ago, supposedly for information purposes and not fuel limiting. Ast this time was left out of that sentence in the announcement I'm guessing.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3791217)   #1595
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
They announced it a while ago, supposedly for information purposes and not fuel limiting. Ast this time was left out of that sentence in the announcement I'm guessing.
Yeah I thought it would be for getting more data for the BoP process.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3791249)   #1596
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is a back marker
All DPi models within two seconds during the session for determining pit box selection. Mazdas still the slowest, but I'm not convinced Joest wants to push it yet - I doubt they consider pit selection all that important for an endurance race. Fastest Mazda did this "qualifying" session 1.3 seconds faster than the fastest Mazda at the Roar last year(1:37.263 to 1:39.574).

For the record, Mazda's race weekend qualifying time was 1:39.940 last year.

For the record, when I say "all DPi models" I do NOT mean all DPi ENTRIES - I mean each DPi manufacturer has at least one car within that range. Nissan and Mazda both had a car well outside of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Makes sense. It's easier to use such things to figure out how big or small a tank a given engine should be, after all. Fuel flow restrictions should be an all or nothing thing - something everyone has to build to in an open class rather than a BoP method.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3792086)   #1597
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Performance Tech confirmed Masson and French for the season. they feature the youngest driver lineup for Daytona, with French being the eldest at 25. All drivers are silvers.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fr...formance-tech/

They also complained about the pace of the DPi's. And said their budget for the season is roughly $2.5 million to run a P2.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3792121)   #1598
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
GTD full season prospects looks a tad better than a few days ago:
-#14 Lexus is set for full run
-#Turner BMW is optimistic
-#Shank working on expanding #86 Acura
-Wright looking at 2nd Porsche

I think we are still wondering why Alegra disappeared so fast and perhaps we'll get answers about Park Place during the entry list day for WEC?

Allegra are PWC bound in theory. But not sure why, I guess budget?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 01:35 (Ref:3792177)   #1599
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Performance Tech confirmed Masson and French for the season. they feature the youngest driver lineup for Daytona, with French being the eldest at 25. All drivers are silvers.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fr...formance-tech/

They also complained about the pace of the DPi's. And said their budget for the season is roughly $2.5 million to run a P2.
At least two of them are fake-silvers but alas.

I don't see the point in emphasizing the all silver line up either - it's not like you a need a silver in IMSA as full pro line ups are the norm in the class.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3792178)   #1600
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
At least two of them are fake-silvers but alas.

I don't see the point in emphasizing the all silver line up either - it's not like you a need a silver in IMSA as full pro line ups are the norm in the class.
They let you know to make sure you know they are the little guys and the underdogs.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 01:41 (Ref:3792180)   #1601
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Team Underdog - I like it!
Old 12 Jan 2018, 01:57 (Ref:3792184)   #1602
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm rooting for them, Team Colombia, JDC and Core to be competitive. It's good to have teams graduate through the ranks and run near the front. Getting whitewashed by the DPi teams doesn't do much to incentivize teams moving up and developing.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3793007)   #1603
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 Jan 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3793103)   #1604
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice sponsor pickup for Turner...hopefully that is enough to get them through a full season.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3793111)   #1605
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is very good and hopefully will photograph well.