Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jan 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3791868)   #1036
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, SA
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "now confirmed" Sirotkin? Have I missed something?
Old 11 Jan 2018, 00:17 (Ref:3791869)   #1037
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Even Lance Stroll you could say he did win the F3 title, the same title Verstappen won.
sorry to be that guy, but delete verstappen, insert ocon. so they even did it in the same team
Old 11 Jan 2018, 02:18 (Ref:3791886)   #1038
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
The "now confirmed" Sirotkin? Have I missed something?
I must have missed that one too.... I knew he was favourite and 99% but that is the last I heard. Mr Google appears to have missed it too.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 05:12 (Ref:3791900)   #1039
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In that respect you can't say Schumacher and Alonso are former pay drivers.
You need to do your homework. Get yourself a library card and do a lot more research.

Quote:
Even Lance Stroll you could say he did win the F3 title, the same title Verstappen won.
Again, more homework needs to be done here.

Quote:
the now confirmed Sirotkin.
Guessing the answers to your homework is not the best way to succeed.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3792076)   #1040
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
You need to do your homework. Get yourself a library card and do a lot more research.

Again, more homework needs to be done here.

Guessing the answers to your homework is not the best way to succeed.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e349477...6-fff032b2605e
Old 12 Jan 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3792220)   #1041
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh haha totally forgot Verstappen never even won that title. Funny how your memory makes up a completely different story to what actually happened, because it would be just so bizarre and unbelievable that the guy that came 3rd in F3 in only his 2nd year of car racing, gets bought up to F1.

Re Sirotkin, heck I thought it was confirmed but looks like gpfans.com has done it again with false news. See https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...looked-kubica/

And previous day a sirotkin confirmed post. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the case though, just wait a couple more days I bet sirotkin will be in. We just haven't had the official announcement yet so the big news broadcasters are holding off.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3792229)   #1042
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Oh haha totally forgot Verstappen never even won that title. Funny how your memory makes up a completely different story to what actually happened, because it would be just so bizarre and unbelievable that the guy that came 3rd in F3 in only his 2nd year of car racing, gets bought up to F1.
yeah, the whole thing was very wtf, but they were probably right to do it on reflection. he coped fine. its funny, because whilst a lot of people at the time were saying verstappen was a hero, there were plenty suggesting that ocon was the better driver. but he switched to cars far earlier - iirc because of his height?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3792247)   #1043
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah he certainly did. 99/100 drivers probably wouldn't have, but Verstappen is a special talent.

It's funny to look back over those junior categories because in 10 years time when the Hamiltons, Vettels, Alonsos are retired we could easily see Ocon and Verstappen the creme de la creme of F1 with titles among them. Probably still with Merc and RB.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3792330)   #1044
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What did he race in his first year again? #homework
Old 12 Jan 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3792337)   #1045
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...for-f1-995197/

No American ready for F1? Perhaps but the article is looking at just Indycar. Look at sportscars too. I think Ricky Taylor should be getting some F1 buzz.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3792388)   #1046
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
What did he race in his first year again? #homework
ahh #whocares

Last edited by Razzzor; 12 Jan 2018 at 23:49.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3792389)   #1047
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...for-f1-995197/

No American ready for F1? Perhaps but the article is looking at just Indycar. Look at sportscars too. I think Ricky Taylor should be getting some F1 buzz.
Someone put it nicely on that post, why would Rossi or Newgarden even want to join F1 to struggle for points finishes while they have an opportunity to win any race in Indycar, compete for the title and Indy 500. If I were Josef I wouldn't want to join Haas to finish 10th either while I'm in the dominant car in Indycar.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3792441)   #1048
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But now that Josef has won the title in Indycars, there's no reason why he can't give F1 a try. I think they underestimate him, he would be good enough for F1 anyday
Old 13 Jan 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3792453)   #1049
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Someone put it nicely on that post, why would Rossi or Newgarden even want to join F1 to struggle for points finishes while they have an opportunity to win any race in Indycar, compete for the title and Indy 500. If I were Josef I wouldn't want to join Haas to finish 10th either while I'm in the dominant car in Indycar.
And this just goes to show the f1 grid is not head and shoulders above other grids as far as talent. There are plenty of drivers that could replace half the f1 grid and be an upgrade.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 06:00 (Ref:3792614)   #1050
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
And this just goes to show the f1 grid is not head and shoulders above other grids as far as talent. There are plenty of drivers that could replace half the f1 grid and be an upgrade.
With one leading driver from one team having any realistic chance of winning a Grand Prix, 2 other teams having a small outside chance of winning a race when something goes wrong, and the rest of the grid made up of the rich and privileged who have bought their seats, F1 is beginning to look like sheltered employment.