Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3792332)   #1276
Alfisti
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 321
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think it's a typo. For him to turn up at BMR ("who they?" many would have said at the time) a few months later in a virtually sponsor free car suggests the exit from 888 was not planned in advance - it does to me anyway. JP always prior to this move turned up as part of a big deal of some description with lashings of sponsorship.

I think Warren Scott threw a lifeline whilst thinking "Blimey Charlie, I've landed two of the best in the business now".
Alfisti is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Jan 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3792335)   #1277
BobJones
Racer
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 200
BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
The MG’s are on a diet & confirmed by Willie Poole as being straight! So let’s hope with some proper engineering set-up being lighter, will allow them to be in the ballpark.
This is great news.
BobJones is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Jan 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3792352)   #1278
Steel Wheels
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 239
Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless he shares a seat with someone we won't see Huff on the grid unless it’s like last years cameo. WTCR has too many calendar clashes.
Steel Wheels is online now  
Quote
Old 12 Jan 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3792365)   #1279
luckn002
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
England
South England
Posts: 369
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Ingram will be back at Speedworks -

"Awesome news from @Autosport_Show @torqracewear continue to support Speedworks drivers in 2018. @Tomingram80 will wear the latest Torq Superlight 1 suit during the @DunlopBTCC season #ASI18 #motorsport #fashion #race-different" - Speedworks on Twitter

The question though, is in what?
luckn002 is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Jan 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3792378)   #1280
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
England
Devon
Posts: 643
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Looks like Ingram will be back at Speedworks -

"Awesome news from @Autosport_Show @torqracewear continue to support Speedworks drivers in 2018. @Tomingram80 will wear the latest Torq Superlight 1 suit during the @DunlopBTCC season #ASI18 #motorsport #fashion #race-different" - Speedworks on Twitter

The question though, is in what?
Yeah he’s definitely back with Speedworks, though couldn’t get him to spill the beans on the car situation. They are off to Portugal testing next month.
Jiiiiiiim is online now  
Quote
Old 12 Jan 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3792385)   #1281
medius
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
England
Posts: 1,219
medius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touring Car Ragister on Facebook updating the registery with HMS chassis number 1:

“Unveiled at the Autosport Show this week, the HMS Racing Alfa Romeo to be driven by Rob Austin. The first of this years new NGTC cars. More cars to follow....”

Nigel you tease! I read that as more to come in addition to the Focus RS’ and Dynamics Civics I guess?
medius is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3792420)   #1282
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
England
Devon
Posts: 643
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Touring Car Ragister on Facebook updating the registery with HMS chassis number 1:

“Unveiled at the Autosport Show this week, the HMS Racing Alfa Romeo to be driven by Rob Austin. The first of this years new NGTC cars. More cars to follow....”

Nigel you tease! I read that as more to come in addition to the Focus RS’ and Dynamics Civics I guess?
That was certainly the rumblings from ASI 😊
Jiiiiiiim is online now  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3792440)   #1283
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,499
S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not surprised Tingram is back with Speedworks, we wait to see what car it is he will drive
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3792448)   #1284
touring fan01
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 991
touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not surprised Tingram is back with Speedworks, we wait to see what car it is he will drive
funny how some here are putting 2+2 together and getting 5
speedworks are running their avensis again.
touring fan01 is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3792452)   #1285
Craner Curves
Veteran
 
Craner Curves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
United Kingdom
Kelso
Posts: 3,338
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
funny how some here are putting 2+2 together and getting 5
speedworks are running their avensis again.
Because people are really reading too much into statements and tweets etc, then over analysing them and coming up with something completely wrong.
Craner Curves is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3792455)   #1286
CM388
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 92
CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Unless he shares a seat with someone we won't see Huff on the grid unless it’s like last years cameo. WTCR has too many calendar clashes.
Is he definitely returning to WTCR then? I thought he was keener on the BTCC?
CM388 is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3792461)   #1287
Ry44
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 303
Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/AdamLWeaver/stat...71063630290944

no doubt this will further fuel the speculation and rumours
Ry44 is online now  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3792466)   #1288
mark_l
Veteran
 
mark_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
England
Staffordshire
Posts: 1,165
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone thought that this weeks announcements at Autosport Show lacked the “I never saw that one coming!” effect. The new cars and drivers had been known about before the show, are teams unveiling at the show getting fed up of being news on Thursday for 30 mins till the next car/driver reveal.

Teams who issue a press release in the days before the show can get publicity for the whole day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mark_l is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3792471)   #1289
swooshiain
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 14
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Because people are really reading too much into statements and tweets etc, then over analysing them and coming up with something completely wrong.
Isn't that half the fun of silly season?
swooshiain is online now  
Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3792473)   #1290
cds_uk
Veteran
 
cds_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,380
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Has anyone thought that this weeks announcements at Autosport Show lacked the “I never saw that one coming!” effect. The new cars and drivers had been known about before the show, are teams unveiling at the show getting fed up of being news on Thursday for 30 mins till the next car/driver reveal.

Teams who issue a press release in the days before the show can get publicity for the whole day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than Josh Cook i am inclined to agree with you.
cds_uk is offline  
__________________
Roberto Merhi fan........GO ON TETO!!!!
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Silly Season GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 1609 Today 14:01
[Rumours] 2018 F1 silly season. F1Guy Formula One 1079 17 Jan 2018 18:22
[BTCC] BTCC 2017 Rumours & Silly Season Ry44 WTCC & European Touring Car Series 2783 25 Apr 2017 12:28
More silly season rumours - Tarso Marques to make a comeback? Dixie Flatline Formula One 27 1 Dec 2005 12:41
More silly season rumours BJAY Australasian Touring Cars. 19 16 Oct 2001 14:47


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.