Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jan 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3791926)   #16
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
That puts an end to the rumour that Kvyat was to be signed as Williams third driver for 2018.

If Raikkonen doesn't do well in the first half of the season, what's Kvyat's chances of taking his seat? IMO, I think Kvyat would do a better job of the #2 driver at Ferrari.
Pretty slim. They have Giovinnazi as the official nominated reserve..... this test and development title is just a fancy term for simulator ***** in blunt terms.

Vergne had the role back when he was 'unemployed' after being released by STR. I dont believe he ever got any real track mileage in the role. With the limited testing these days Ferrari wont waste days on him, and the rookie tests are something which Kvyat wont be eligible for (72 GP starts). Gutierrez was another to take the test and development role at Ferrari... he slipped in and out of Haas after.

My opinion.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3791965)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kyvat still has talent somewhere, that's why they signed him, but if he ever wants to come back to F1, he needs to learn how not to throw it off the track or into other cars
Old 11 Jan 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3792028)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!broadrun96 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Time to start selling red cars to Russian oligarchs.
Yeah, sounds to me like the 'We have a new factory driver to show you have to drive your new toy' position. With some simulation work mixed in as well. And possibly some GT work as a loaned driver in the future, if teams are interested in Russian sponsor cash.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3792038)   #19
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kyvat still has talent somewhere, that's why they signed him, but if he ever wants to come back to F1, he needs to learn how not to throw it off the track or into other cars
My perception is that for a simulation driver a few things would be very helpful...

1. Accurate and usable feedback
2. Experience in the actual car, or in similar car
3. Enough talent to drive the car to the limit (expose the full performance envelope).

I have no idea about #1 for Kyvat. But I expect he checks the boxes for #2 (good number of race starts) and #3 (he can be quick). What seems to be the issue for Kyvat is getting lost in his own mind games and resulting lack of focus and ultimately performance. And... competitive situations seem to aggrevate this. His negatives may not be exposed as a test/simulation driver. This may be a win for Ferrari. However I am not sure its a great career move for Kyvat. He should look for success outside F1 IMHO.

Richard
Old 11 Jan 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3792073)   #20
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, sounds to me like the 'We have a new factory driver to show you have to drive your new toy' position. With some simulation work mixed in as well. And possibly some GT work as a loaned driver in the future, if teams are interested in Russian sponsor cash.
Risi could use the money to run a full season gtlm....
Old 11 Jan 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3792074)   #21
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
That puts an end to the rumour that Kvyat was to be signed as Williams third driver for 2018.

If Raikkonen doesn't do well in the first half of the season, what's Kvyat's chances of taking his seat? IMO, I think Kvyat would do a better job of the #2 driver at Ferrari.
If Vettel is in contention for a title, they could put him Raikkonen's seat and let him crash out the mercs I guess.