Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Apr 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3723653)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour, 2-4 Feb

Date Confirmed
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Apr 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3723658)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
counts me out again.
Old 4 Apr 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3723675)   #3
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
counts me out again.
Damn.......& we're all so bitterly disappointed you can't bless us with your presence again
Old 4 Apr 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3723677)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see consistency with the timing of the event for teams, drivers and spectators.
Old 4 Apr 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3723824)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Great to see consistency with the timing of the event for teams, drivers and spectators.
Is it consistant? It is with 2017 and 2016. But 2013 -2015 were held on the 2nd weekend in February. It is now 1 week after the daytona 24 hour instead of two weeks like it used to be

When the event clashed with the V8 test day, the consistent weekend was held as a reason for supercars being mean, But now its a week earlier
Old 5 Apr 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3723905)   #6
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think TV is going to be one of the big stories in the lead up to the race. The previous deal was by the previous promoters and it will be interesting to see what the current promoter can put together. If it stays at Ch 7 or swaps to some other provider or platform
Full live coverage on FOX Sports, with a few hours at the end shown on Channel 10 perhaps?

Quote:
Is it consistant? It is with 2017 and 2016. But 2013 -2015 were held on the 2nd weekend in February. It is now 1 week after the daytona 24 hour instead of two weeks like it used to be

When the event clashed with the V8 test day, the consistent weekend was held as a reason for supercars being mean, But now its a week earlier
It was changed to a week earlier in 2016....funnily enough the same year that Supercars took over
Old 4 Apr 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3723729)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
counts me out again.
No. You're going and you're going to like it. Also, you're going to check in on the thread for the next 10 months and comment the whole time.

THAT'S FINAL
Old 4 Apr 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3723823)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
No. You're going and you're going to like it. Also, you're going to check in on the thread for the next 10 months and comment the whole time.

THAT'S FINAL
I will watch it on TV (assuming there is a telecast), just cant attend

I think TV is going to be one of the big stories in the lead up to the race. The previous deal was by the previous promoters and it will be interesting to see what the current promoter can put together. If it stays at Ch 7 or swaps to some other provider or platform
Old 4 Apr 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3723825)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Last few years I have put together some changes Id like to see, Reckon they have got it about right now so now they are not changes, more finessing what they have

More cameras
Online Friday coverage
Some improvements in dealing with stranded cars,
Shaded grandstand on pit straight, that doesnt cost $200 plus

I would still like a cut off of around 115% though, that would be a change
Old 5 Apr 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3723903)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/new...hurst-12-hour/

A bit more info
Old 5 Apr 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3724000)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perfect date for me. I can start looking at flights now.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3724090)   #12
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Fantastic news. I will now attend, and I'll even buy you a beer at the track.

Quote:
For the record, I'm not planning at competing at Bathurst this year either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I have to say, I am disappointed at this news. I'm now rethinking my attendance at any more V8 events for the rest of the year. Something something Foxtel.

Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3774845)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Flights booked, AirBnB in Sth. Bathurst organised, just waiting for confirmation of my application to marshal.

Going to be at Bathurst. Can't tell you how excited this makes me.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3776360)   #14
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Flights booked, AirBnB in Sth. Bathurst organised, just waiting for confirmation of my application to marshal.

Going to be at Bathurst. Can't tell you how excited this makes me.
Will be great to have you! Where are you planning on working...flags or in pit lane?
Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3776488)   #15
A-A
Rookie

A-A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M4 GT4 begin deliveries - SRM and Tony Longhurst (2 x M4 GT4 at the 12 hr?)
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...customers.html

Maybe Challenge Bathurst??? Too Soon?

Last edited by A-A; 25 Oct 2017 at 22:00.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3778182)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Will be great to have you! Where are you planning on working...flags or in pit lane?
Flags, or if not somewhere out on circuit doing something. Wherever they'll have me, basically!
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3724099)   #17
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
OK, this is early enough I can at least consider it as a possibility for next year...
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3724108)   #18
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
OK, this is early enough I can at least consider it as a possibility for next year...
Don't consider it. If you have at least an inkling of the fact that you want to go, start booking NOW. Going to Bathurst for any event is a decision that's impossible to regret.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3724112)   #19
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Don't consider it. If you have at least an inkling of the fact that you want to go, start booking NOW. Going to Bathurst for any event is a decision that's impossible to regret.
Ha, rather large expense if travelling from Europe though; it's one of those things I'd like to do, but my bank manager would rather I didn't
Old 6 Apr 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3724183)   #20
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Ha, rather large expense if travelling from Europe though; it's one of those things I'd like to do, but my bank manager would rather I didn't
I am fully aware of that fact, given how I detonated my own bank balance to be able to go. Trust me though, it's worth every penny.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3739211)   #21
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true that IPRA is off the support card for the 2018 event?
Old 7 Jun 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3739243)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love how far off this event is and yet there's a decent discussion months in advance.

If I had money and time.....Alas, I don't, but I do have internets and means to stream!
Old 29 Jun 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3747789)   #23
one five five
Veteran

What was effectively the 12hr "warm-up event", Challenge Bathurst, looks like losing some shine as a knock-on from CAMS in their latest wisdom of ruining...i mean improving motorsport, with GT3 cars now having been banned from this event.

Organisers are looking to appeal this decision, but I'm not holding out much hope
Old 30 Jun 2017, 04:02 (Ref:3747882)   #24
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What was effectively the 12hr "warm-up event", Challenge Bathurst, looks like losing some shine as a knock-on from CAMS in their latest wisdom of ruining...i mean improving motorsport, with GT3 cars now having been banned from this event.

Organisers are looking to appeal this decision, but I'm not holding out much hope
Nothing unusual there - CAMS is & always has been anti motorsport
Old 30 Jun 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3747883)   #25
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Excuse my ignorance but how does sidelining a bunch of race cars do anything for motor racing?
Is it about making car owners support the national series as the only opportunity to race?