Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3780822)   #176
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well guys, you know what to do. keep posting, and dilute the nonsense. otherwise, the drivel wins.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3780833)   #177
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very well respected racer and myself were having a drink in our local pub. We don't like golf or golfers but in the corner of the bar was the pub golf society. Gerry for that was his name called it ******s' corner. I agreed but reminded him that Nigel Mansell is a golfer. His reply? He's a fast ******.

Hamilton is a tit.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3780835)   #178
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you've expressed that a few times now peter, i think we all understand that's what you think.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3780837)   #179
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was actually suggesting that it isn't my only view of him. Still, easy to miss the syntax of the underlying metaphor.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3780849)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Hamilton is a tit.

A World Champion tit in fact. But right now he's probably the best tit on the grid - and the fastest. If I were him, I could quite happily live with that.......
Old 16 Nov 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3780853)   #181
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A World Champion tit in fact. But right now he's probably the best tit on the grid - and the fastest. If I were him, I could quite happily live with that.......
Yeah, he is probably the fastest tit on the grid, and there are some great guys on the grid who may indeed be faster.

I never thought Peter would talk you around to his way of thinking Ayse, and yet he seems to have succeeded!

Last edited by wnut; 16 Nov 2017 at 21:54.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3780856)   #182
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least he doesn’t play golf.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3780860)   #183
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sometimes he's even quite likeable!
Old 17 Nov 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3780906)   #184
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Sometimes he's even quite likeable!
As much as that?!
Old 17 Nov 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3780916)   #185
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
A world champion tit. At least he hasn't claimed the booby prize
Old 19 Nov 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3781429)   #186
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
No. I have been thinking I need a new hobby until the start of the season. The forum has been a bit rough around the edges recently and not particularly enjoyable. The negativity permeates.

Richard
You've got Formula E and Toyota Racing Series to look forward to over xmas
Old 20 Nov 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3781744)   #187
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

As for being the best drive ever to be born in the UK, you really have to be laughing. He's not even the best of the rest! He bares no comparison with the likes of Jim Clark, Stirling Moss or even the ex-driver you call out, Jackie Stewart. Not forgetting other greats such as John Surtees, Mike Hawthorn, Piers Courage, James Hunt, Graham Hill, Nigel Mansell and the list goes on and on.

Well, if my eyes are covered in glitter and rose-tinted specs then yours, I suspect, are in the back of your head! The UK has indeed produced loads of great F1 drivers – more than any other single country – including the ones you mention. But there is this tendency amongst British race enthusiasts to live in the past, refusing to entertain the possibility that some of today's stars are at least as good as, if not better, than their long-standing heroes.

Ultimately, comparing ‘greats’ from different eras is a pointless exercise. Was Nuvolari better than Senna? Fangio better than Schumacher? What is indisputable is that it takes a true great to win 62 GPs (a 30% strike rate against Stewart’s 25%, and equalling Schuey) and four WDCs. And there is undoubtedly still more to come. Bring it on, and give the man the credit he deserves.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3781747)   #188
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Couldn't agree more. But then again knocking our successful sportsmen and woman is a national pastime these days. There seems to be more interest in their personal life and the way in which they 'conduct themselves' than their performance at their sport.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3781751)   #189
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well that is the unfortunate result of the Mosely Ecclestone drive for soap opera approach. Personally I don't care whether they have a personality or not. Just drive the bloody cars.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3781753)   #190
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. But then again knocking our successful sportsmen and woman is a national pastime these days. There seems to be more interest in their personal life and the way in which they 'conduct themselves' than their performance at their sport.
which in and of itself is an interesting point that i think bears more consideration...perhaps in a different thread or a thread aimed at determining a new code of conduct when discussing popular drivers.

while i completely agree that 'sporting results' should outweigh the 'personal life' stuff, it is the athletes themselves who are providing the ammunition, via their social media platforms, which ends up shifting the conversation from sport to personal minutia.

so while i wish these types of thread would focus only on the sporting record, i cant blame or truly find fault with any posters who also wish to measure things based on the personal record.

all of us are going to form opinions based on the information that is available to us and unfortunately that includes the personal details, in this case, that LH has chosen to share/promote about his life/lifestyle.

so that said...the social platforms, along with his racing record, have allowed LH to increase his marketability and income level...and he has benefited from both.

so maybe it is fair that both sports and personal records are used to evaluate him?

in all honesty, i could probably stand to be more accepting of points of view not directly stemming from the sporting record (or points of view that dont match mine exactly).
Old 20 Nov 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3781784)   #191
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's the TV soap opera approach to life for me. People who dash home from work in the UK and are riveted to 'Corrie' or Eastenders as if the actors are real people with real lives that have some meaning or importance. I've never understood the British passion for soaps, nor the intense interest in 'celebrities', most of whom have done absolutely nothing in their lives to justify the tag. Sportsmen and women are different, I think, but the proliferation of social media and the desire of the populace to lap up every nuance of their lives, apart from being generally unhealthy (IMO) ends up with amazing sporting achievements being devalued by inane and puerile discussion about whether he or she 'is really a bad person.....' Rant over. Turn the tele back on and key in the doof, doof......
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3781795)   #192
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. But then again knocking our successful sportsmen and woman is a national pastime these days
and whinging. something Lewis does a lot of
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3781799)   #193
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Apart from the business with Vettel in Baku, which was fair enough, I thought he was pretty good this year and I think that was down to having a number 2 driver, as opposed to someone like Rosberg in the team.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3781806)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
As I said.....

Quote:
....ends up with amazing sporting achievements being devalued by inane and puerile discussion about whether he or she 'is really a bad person.....'

Who really cares if he whinges? Somehow I don't think he's the first F1 driver in history to whinge regularly......
Old 20 Nov 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3781815)   #195
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
...or play golf.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3781819)   #196
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well if whinging is a UK national pastime, then surely that reinforces Hamilton's 'Britishness'?
Old 20 Nov 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3781824)   #197
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
As my late grandfather was fond of saying, golf ruins a good walk.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3781856)   #198
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
We'll take no lessons in whingeing from an Aussie, thank you.

By the way how did the rugby go at the weekend?

Oh, wait....

Old 21 Nov 2017, 02:29 (Ref:3781876)   #199
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
We'll take no lessons in whingeing from an Aussie, thank you.

By the way how did the rugby go at the weekend?

Oh, wait....

0 Cricket World Cups

will lose the Ashes this year to us

Australia will beat England in the Rugby League World Cup final.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3781915)   #200
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
0 Cricket World Cups

will lose the Ashes this year to us

Australia will beat England in the Rugby League World Cup final.
quite likely, which we'll accept gracefully.
But if there's an upset we'll probably never hear the end of it...

anyway let's get back on topic (sorry for the digression).