Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:50 (Ref:560828)   #1
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should Jordan have stopped Fisi!!!

After Ralph had his suspension failure should Jordan have stopped Fisi as a precaution??

I notice that it hasn't been mentioned so far but surely that type of failure is a bit worrying. I haven't read anything to say that Ralph clipped someone or damaged the suspension. All I have seen is the fact it collapsed.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 6 Apr 2003, 21:52 (Ref:560838)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As it turned out, No. But hindsight is...
Old 6 Apr 2003, 22:32 (Ref:560902)   #3
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good point, M Coupe: I was impressed at Fisi's performance after that incident -- which he had the opportunity to observe from very, very close by... If Fisi had suffered a crash due to the same sort of failure, the decision to "stop out on the track" as Steve Matchett puts it (I imagine that to an American ear that sounds like a car immobile on the track!) would have looked pretty bloody stupid. It was brave of Fisi to go on as he did, and *fantastic* for him to have won/come second in the race.
Old 6 Apr 2003, 23:30 (Ref:560954)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely not.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 08:19 (Ref:561180)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Depends, we didn't see he clip anyone/anything - but that doesn't mean he didn't. It's so rare for suspension to fail like that, so he probably did hit something - and Jordan would know that from telemetry.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 08:59 (Ref:561219)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without knowing of any extenuating circumstances i suppose Jordan were in the best position to make the call about Fisi & hindsight shows that it was the right decision.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:27 (Ref:561379)   #7
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gary anderson said that the suspension failure might have been caused by a previous incident firman had.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:41 (Ref:561402)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They're racers at Jordan. Theyv'e got guts. That's all we can say. Unless there was evidence of a structural failure on Firman's car, they were right to keep him out there. Clearly they felt that Firman had made contact with someone else previously, and that caused the suspension to collapse, so they had no reason to bring him in. I suppsoe they checked it over at the pitstop though, as a precaution.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:46 (Ref:561412)   #9
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:48 (Ref:561415)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely not - unless the team had some inside information to suggestion that Fisi's car might have the same problem. Which presumably they didn't.......).
Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:46 (Ref:561638)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JOrdan should have stopped FISI from talking at the press conference, I say he did win but don't be a preschooler and say what happpened, Kimi didn't agree with the result but he said 'we'll take it' knowing full well the rules worked in his favor, but knowing he was beat. sorry this is another thread. But Fisis should have kept racing, that looked like a freak break of a part..
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:37 (Ref:561693)   #12
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If jordan say that Firman had an incident they would know as they would have the telemetry.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 14:47 (Ref:561701)   #13
mirwin
Racer

mirwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coultard kept going in Spain last year after Kimi's rear wing broke, and didn't have any problems. IMO Fisi should have been told about Firman's accident, but since he is driving the car, he should make the decision to stop or not.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 14:32 (Ref:566356)   #14
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan like all these hi-tech people would have stopped Fisi if they really thought the suspension was faulty!

The most strain on suspension components is under braking...Retardation in the wet is a lot less stress than it's in the dry!...conclusion Firman had made contact with something prior to the suspension failing.