Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jun 2003, 13:52 (Ref:629462)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Note on LM-Q and This Weekend

A few items that stood out for me as I look at the times and read the articles on the Qualifying Sessions on the Official Le Mans Site:

1. The Kondo Dome was my biggest surprise....and the Pescarolo Courage also was impressive....

2. Were the Audis working on race set-ups, knowing that they are fast enough to be close to the front, and not worrying about the pole?

3. It could be a Long (with problems) or a Short (with engine reliability) weekend for the Riley & Scott....according to the articles, they started out with handling problems (Goossens spun the car, doing minor damage, and the nose was replaced) and they blew another engine in the final half-hour of the session (the first blow up was on Test Day)....going to the Yates power may have been a big mistake for them....they just might be "First Out of the Race" this weekend...

4. From the results yesterday, this race will be incredible in all classes but the 675s, and that is only because they don't have the numbers of cars or the balance of competitive rides to make it interesting....DBA vs. Intersport in the speed category

5. Team Nasamax and Team Sezio were slower than the Pilbeam....and Team Nasamax was quoted in an article that the "Top Ten" is a possibility....they shouldn't be running the engine with the garage doors closed...those fumes can cause brain damage...

Your Thoughts?????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 12 Jun 2003, 13:59 (Ref:629472)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Werner Lupberger said there was 10 seconds more in the Reynard, so I wouldn't write off Nasamax yet.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Jun 2003, 14:01 (Ref:629474)   #3
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Note on LM-Q and This Weekend

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
4. From the results yesterday, this race will be incredible in all classes but the 675s, and that is only because they don't have the numbers of cars or the balance of competitive rides to make it interesting....DBA vs. Intersport in the speed category
Thats the great thing about Le Mans, you never can tell (well almost never). LMP675 didn't look too competitive last year, but remember the dramatic end between the WR and Reynard.

Given that the qualifying difference between Bentley and Audi is about the same as last year (only in reverse) then all other things being equal, Bentley should walk it. Of course it won't turn out that way.....
Old 12 Jun 2003, 14:07 (Ref:629479)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was very dissappointed by the Audis. They cannot have been going flat out. They were IMO too slow, and if the Bentley is 5s a lap faster, then it's only gonna be 43 laps, or roughly 2 and 3/4 hours, before the Audi's are lapped. The Bentley's we know can do 12 hours, so, even if the Bentley's need a gearbox change mid race, they should have enough in hand to retain the lead. The crews are very experienced, and will not throw the cars off the road.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 22:14 (Ref:630048)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
YES!!!!

Goossens got it together tonight!!!!

That 7th looks a lot better than last year's 13th...

I still think they are going to have to sweat through the 24 with that engine, though....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:49 (Ref:630157)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I an interview on the ACO sight, Jim Matthews was forwarding his philosophy of pushing out and going for attention. Given their spate of engine problems you have to feel they don't have long term prospects for the race. Too bad, like you Tim, I am a fan of the R & S. It looks awesome in black! I think the long term thunder at Le Mans this year will be from the Corvettes again-which is a pretty good deal in my book, but I would love to see the R& S go well!
Old 13 Jun 2003, 07:38 (Ref:630270)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Regarding the choice of Tim for the pole prediction, I trust him for R&S : they could be the surprise for the race, and, if the engine holds 24 hours, be in the top five...

Who bets for some VAG retirements ?