Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 2003, 17:07 (Ref:564161)   #51
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I was right.... the yellow car won the race and that's it...
Happy 200th race Eddie!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 17:23 (Ref:564182)   #52
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FISI! FISI! FISI!

Ahhh... YEAH! YEHAHAAAAH! Who'd have thought January first, Fisico and Jordan would get on the top of the podium? ^_^ Ahhh, justice right there. He might have been able to go through, good educated gamble by the Jordan crew and solid driving by the man.

Oh I do believe the guinness will be flowing tonight.
PS: Tell me, is this Ford's first win in the past 5 years? Using last years engine? ^_^ Ah I bet that's gonna sting somewhere in Jaguar...
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 17:30 (Ref:564188)   #53
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
I'm totally confused now, with eletronic timing how can they not know what lap they were on.
I think the problem is, that they might not know exactly at what time the decission to stop the race was made.
On the other hand, I would expect something like that to appear immediately in the official timing system (or logged immediately on a system which is directly linked to the timing system).
Old 9 Apr 2003, 17:47 (Ref:564205)   #54
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looking at section "Race Control Messages" of chapter "Race" of the "Official Print-Out" of the "Complete Results" of Melbourne (the most recent one) at the TAG Heurer site, it looks as if Race Control messages are logged per minute, not per second.

So that's probably why they didn't know exactly where Fisichella was the moment Alonso crashed or the moment the Red Flag was issued.

So obviously it takes a lot of time to find a way to prove beyond any doubt that the result should be changed; Remember that they would look very foolish if they would have to change the result twice.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:08 (Ref:564228)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a tape where Fisichella passes through the debris while a marshall waves a yellow flag, a few moments later Kimi passes and then after Alonso's crash it shows they changing the yellow flag to the red one. At this moment Fisi was heading to the Reta Oposta.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:13 (Ref:564236)   #56
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wooo go Fisi!
And this will mean the difference between DC and raikkonen won't be so big...
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:27 (Ref:564254)   #57
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly it means a lot less to win it in this way as opposed to getting to have Fisi and Eddie up on the podium
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:38 (Ref:564274)   #58
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'm sure Ron is already on the phone with McLarens lawyers
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:38 (Ref:564275)   #59
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
There's a tape where Fisichella passes through the debris while a marshall waves a yellow flag, a few moments later Kimi passes and then after Alonso's crash it shows they changing the yellow flag to the red one. At this moment Fisi was heading to the Reta Oposta.
is fisi still in frame? someone told me that fisi passes webbers accident, then six seconds later alonso steams into it. so say ten seconds between fisi passing webber, and race being stopped. time enough to cross the finish line?
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:43 (Ref:564282)   #60
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ceefax statement (BBC page 361) suggests very stongly that the FIA have already realised this was a mistake and thus Fisichella is the race winner. Please, please let it be Max!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:44 (Ref:564285)   #61
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Add to the six seconds, the time it takes for the stewards to decide to red flag the race, and then actually do it.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:48 (Ref:564297)   #62
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
I'd be surprised if Fisi wasn't declared the winner on Friday....in fact I'd be flabberghasted. Looks like however much we debate this, the simple fact is that Fisichella won the race.

and that's great for him, for Jordan and for Formula One.

a million times
Old 9 Apr 2003, 18:57 (Ref:564327)   #63
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, overall 12 to 14 seconds. Remember that from the finishing line up to the end of Reta oposta is around 24 secs in those conditions, so when it was red flagged Fisi was around 8 to 10 secs in the leading lap.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:02 (Ref:564338)   #64
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that the FIA have received evidence that Fisi started Lap 56 and that they admit this would suggest a changed result.

And on top of that more work for Runar as he's gonna have to redo the Predictions competition!

Ah well fingers crossed it seems!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:03 (Ref:564339)   #65
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi just got a real Mutant Frog From Space out of his mouth, when he started whining, that Räikkönen did not deserve his victory! If I was him, I'll be very quiet of undeserved wins...

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:05 (Ref:564340)   #66
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Schumi just got a real Mutant Frog From Space out of his mouth, when he started whining, that Räikkönen did not deserve his victory!
So you're upset at him for speaking the truth?
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:05 (Ref:564341)   #67
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
lol, true.......

but if even Schumi thought Fisi won the FIA are going to look quite silly if they don't amend the positions. God I can't believe I'm writing this! I'd accepted second for Fisi....this is so great!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:13 (Ref:564351)   #68
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I thought I was the only Fisi fanatatic here! Good to see someone else who appreciates real talent!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:18 (Ref:564360)   #69
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
The guy is simply the fastest driver on the grid. He's smooth, can get great results out of a **** car and has flattened every team-mate he has had since the days of Ralf Schumacher.

He came so close to winning at Hockenheim 1997, Canada 1998 and Europe 1999......I thought I was always going to see him in the record books as a non-winner...if he gets given the win on Friday I am going to mark the day by....doing something really memorable.

Fisi is the best!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:32 (Ref:564373)   #70
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelH
..if he gets given the win on Friday I am going to mark the day by....doing something really memorable.

Fisi is the best!
Easy Michael... what does memorable mean? Running around the streets buck naked painted head to toe in yellow with a big F on your chest??
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:36 (Ref:564375)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

ern... oh no, not that praising Fisico again !!!!

Just get a bottle champagne - I prefer wine - and start to celebrate !
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:39 (Ref:564378)   #72
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
So you're upset at him for speaking the truth?
No, I was upset, that it was HIM who started whining, man who has got more wins gifted for him as anybody. I mean, there is more complaining to do for Misters Irvine and Barrichello.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 9 Apr 2003, 19:51 (Ref:564395)   #73
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope Fisi gets the win.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 20:00 (Ref:564404)   #74
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Fisi's car caught fire, Jordan don't deserve it.

I can't see the FIA changing the result. Is there not a rule which states results can only be changed within 1 hour of the race finishing.

Its happened in the past, where teams have illegal parts and its been overturned on appeal a week later.

Is there a previous example of where a timing error on a red flag has led to a result change?
Old 9 Apr 2003, 20:03 (Ref:564408)   #75
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like good news (Fisi winning) however, a problem i have, is why do they (FIA) go back two laps? Would'nt the last completed lap, by the leader, make more sense and be easier to understand?

(Anyone remember Nissan winning at Bathurst, crashing out in the rain, track was blocked and they redflagged, result called on last completed lap by leader)