Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 11 Jun 2003, 13:10 (Ref:628231)   #1
skid marques
Rookie

skid marques should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LM winners models by IXO

I don't know how many of you are LM model collectors, but I've just heard that a company called IXO are to release all the LM winners in 1/43 scale. I'll have to make room for that lot! Most are also going to be released in a no frills option with a magazine giving the race history starting in August.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 13:32 (Ref:628252)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This one is more suited to "Armchair Enthusiast" I think skid. As I moderate that as well, I can keep an eye on it there. I'll leave a re-direct in the sportscar forum.

BTW, I'd love to have them all!! (Especially those since 1986 - I do have the 93 Peugeot, but that's my lot!).
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:15 (Ref:628302)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, i thought i just had a case of deja 'vu! There was me going "i swear i've seen that somewhere..."
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:23 (Ref:628310)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
....or double vision, perhaps?
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:28 (Ref:628325)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry, i'm going cross-eyed at how that might work.

But i do know, that when i get up off my chair for a coffee after posting this, i'm gonna get tunnel vision for sitting down too long...
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:29 (Ref:628332)   #6
skid marques
Rookie

Thanks Ayse. I'd never scrolled down far enough to find this forum. Hi everybody!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:32 (Ref:628339)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hey Skid!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:32 (Ref:628340)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No problemo.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:36 (Ref:628352)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Do you think that's why so few people visit here?
I'm sure there are loads more people like skid, wh o have never seen this place. I do wish sometimes this place would be a little livelier, it seems to go through phases of business, then slump, then busyness (should it be busyness, or business?)
Old 11 Jun 2003, 15:42 (Ref:628421)   #10
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the topic at hand. Currently I have 50 or so Le Mans winners from various maufacturers. Minichamps, Ixo, Vitesse Group - Quartzo, Onyx,etc (now Ixo), Brumm, Starter (hand built resin), Spark, etc. Makes a very interesting history of the Sports Racing Car display. Of course, more than the winners are available......
Old 11 Jun 2003, 19:52 (Ref:628739)   #11
skid marques
Rookie

You're beating me, iucrmh, I'm up to 43 ignoring solidos, Top model, and Jolly stuff that aren't worth displaying. There is another LM car magazine + model LM partwork starting in August including some interesting repeats of IXOs (77 Alpine Renault and Bentley). These will be available on www.journaux.fr somewhere, I guess. I used to bang the gong for the Altaya / IXO "100 ans de sport automobile" series, and these are from the same stable.
Anyone seen the "Grand Prix" series from Fabbri RBA? IXO tell me that they are rip offs of their models in resin.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 10:33 (Ref:629250)   #12
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I collect Le Mans and other Sports-racing cars. I used to collect Jags, American V8s - anything I liked really - as well, but money and space considerations meant I had to choose. I've got just over 40 LM winners, with another 140-150 LM entries. I'm glad Ixo are going to do this as some of the winners have been neglected, whilst others have been produced by several companies.

The biggest whole in my collection is pre-war - I've only got four models and three of them are recent Ixo releases!
Old 12 Jun 2003, 10:50 (Ref:629271)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I may be wrong but I think that in the musem at Le Mans there is big class case, which contains a model of each car that has won Le Mans - I am maybe wrong but I will check it out this weekend.....
Old 12 Jun 2003, 13:37 (Ref:629438)   #14
iucrmh
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I may be wrong but I think that in the musem at Le Mans there is big class case, which contains a model of each car that has won Le Mans - I am maybe wrong but I will check it out this weekend.....
You're correct. Those are the complete collection of hand-built resin models made by Starter. Currently the only built option for many pre-war cars. Enjoy the weekend, I'm having to miss this year (promise I'll try not to miss another).
Mike
Old 12 Jun 2003, 13:39 (Ref:629443)   #15
iucrmh
Racer

As noted, many other interesting cars other than winners are available. I'll print this thread out to show my wife, prove I'm not the only one who has this addiction...
Old 12 Jun 2003, 14:15 (Ref:629488)   #16
skid marques
Rookie

iucrmh
I am visiting blighty in a couple of weeks and driving from the new "European City of Culture" down to the Cotswolds. Are there any good die-cast shops en route? I stay in Chester every couple of years- lovely city!
Dave
As regards the Starters, reasonable enough models but quality control didn't always pass muster. Cheap for european handbuilts but still not good value compared to far east builds.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 08:06 (Ref:630299)   #17
iucrmh
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by skid marques
iucrmh
I am visiting blighty in a couple of weeks and driving from the new "European City of Culture" down to the Cotswolds. Are there any good die-cast shops en route?
That depends upon what you call good. I tend to buy most of mine online or at NEC Swapmeets (Birmingham). In Chester there is F1 and More which has lots of F1 diecast and 3 Spark Le Mans cars! A few rally cars as well. There is also an Arts and Crafts shop that stocks plastic kits, plus Ixo, Minichamps, etc.

On your route to the Cotswolds, I'm really not sure. Beyond the Cotswolds, Modelmania in Bristol are probably very good (haven't been to the shop but have seen them at Swapmeets). Wells has a good diecast shop, and I remember on market day, there was a guy selling F1 and Le Mans photos on one stall when on holiday there last year.

Not sure I've been any help there.
Cheers
Mike