Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3485136)   #3226
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Please lock in the current P2 regs for a few more years ACO/FIA/IMSA. I don't want this car to only be around for 2 years.

It doesn't look particularly pretty in its base form, but it looks very distinctive and completely different to the other cars on the grid. Heck, looking at how different the Honda, Oak and Dome are (and the Oreca and Zytek), surely it wouldn't be too hard to style a P2 with C7-esque lights, would it GM/Cayote?
Old 15 Dec 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3485141)   #3227
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
I would like to name this flat top front fender an armchair.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3485144)   #3228
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
awesome looking car!! i hope it will be a success and there will be more teams using it.
And yes the current p2 regs should stay the same, with all these new lmp2s coming out. Just give the tusk a way to **** up the regulations in their own championship and hopefully we can see these awesome cars in wec/elms/alms for many more years!
Old 15 Dec 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3485153)   #3229
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't understand why they need to fiddle with new rules every couple of years in this class anyway. Yes P1 should change from time to time to reflect the current climate in industry and so on (as long as it's not F1 styled constant new cars every year) and the mess that is LMGT should've been fixed ages ago, but LMP2 technical rules should - by the very nature of the class - stay identical for 10 years from now. I would very much like to see changes in the sporting regs and particularly the pro-am aspect, but do not touch the technical regs. It's starting to get intriguing with these new models.

On the other side of the pond IMSA may mess it up with spec components, spec tires, spec chassis and stupid fake stock car bodyworks all they want but for the worldwide formula - Please don't screw it up in 2017 ACO.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3485176)   #3230
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There were no wing mirrors on the render, and there's no wing mirrors here?
Old 15 Dec 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3485186)   #3231
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Hmm, cameras maybe?

I honestly don't think this car is much of a looker but I love how easily distinguishable the LMP2 coupes are! Also I agree with Chiana, don't see any need to change the technical regs in the near future, surely it will just create unnecessary costs.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3485202)   #3232
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
They just haven't been fitted yet (as confirmed by Ryan Dalziel to a tweeter).
Old 15 Dec 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3485206)   #3233
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I'm glad somebody told them.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3485207)   #3234
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have high-res photos of the car on their website.

Just click the picture and dowload the original.
http://www.esmracing.com/photos.php

Besides no wing mirrors, they also still need to add the turning vanes. The front looks so weird without them.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3485210)   #3235
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Even accounting for no vanes and mirrors, that looks closer to the mockups than I anticipated. Perhaps I'm appreciating the diversity more - this isn't as pretty as the Ligier, but I do like it.

I also hope the rules stay the same for at least a few years - not many teams are going to splash out on new cars if they keep on being outdated or need updating constantly.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3485272)   #3236
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Quote:
I'm glad somebody told them.
Hey, I wanted to be sure I hadn't somehow missed seeing them! My monitor's an old one, so it's kind of dark, and it can be hard to see details in photos. I could see they were missing in the front view for sure, but the front 3/4 I couldn't tell for certain.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 15 Dec 2014 at 18:33.
Old 16 Dec 2014, 01:00 (Ref:3485366)   #3237
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOW! That new HPD looks incredible!
Old 16 Dec 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3485367)   #3238
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Please lock in the current P2 regs for a few more years ACO/FIA/IMSA. I don't want this car to only be around for 2 years.
+1

Old 16 Dec 2014, 01:56 (Ref:3485377)   #3239
Bobby_status
Racer

Bobby_status should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Rodger Davies;3485136]Please lock in the current P2 regs for a few more years ACO/FIA/IMSA. I don't want this car to only be around for 2 years.

HPD, Oak, Dome, Oreca, Zytek all have new P2s couples running or in the works. Im willing to bet that the 2017 P2s are going to be nearly identical to these cars. Why would constructors develop and build a car just to have it obsolete in a couple years?
Old 16 Dec 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3485463)   #3240
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Bobby_status;3485377]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post

HPD, Oak, Dome, Oreca, Zytek all have new P2s couples running or in the works. Im willing to bet that the 2017 P2s are going to be nearly identical to these cars. Why would constructors develop and build a car just to have it obsolete in a couple years?
I'd be enormously surprised if the 2017 P2 rules were anything other than the sort of evolution we've seen previously with tweaks to new build cars but older cars being given a straightforward pathway to being able to run.

If you look at the lineage of the Oreca and HPD (Courage LC75), Morgan (depending on who you talk to there may well be a bit of Courage C60 in there), Multimatic (Lola) and Zytek, they're all designs that have shown vast longevity.

Will a 2017 design P2 win the title in 2017? I'd be surprised to be honest, we've seen this year with the Ligier and Dome that brand new cars may be fast, but they're certainly fragile. Contrast that with an HPD in 2017, which will have been developed and perhaps more importantly understood over the past two seasons - if I were ESM or any other customers for it I'd be quietly confident that I'd got a product with a fair lifetime in it.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3486186)   #3241
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Also the engine sounds better in the ARX-04b!

What changed?
Old 18 Dec 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3486194)   #3242
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post

What changed?
You tell us
Old 18 Dec 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3486219)   #3243
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

What changed?
Also is it true that the 04b will also accept the Judd engine?
What is the logic behind that? Does that mean they don't see the car as a Honda but an "HPD". I feel like this whole HPD-Wirth Research naming charades has gone on long enough.
Old 18 Dec 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3486221)   #3244
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Also is it true that the 04b will also accept the Judd engine?
What is the logic behind that? Does that mean they don't see the car as a Honda but an "HPD". I feel like this whole HPD-Wirth Research naming charades has gone on long enough.
HPD is going to need to get thier money back for the six ARX-04b made.

HPD is the racing branch of North America/American Honda Company,they have a very small budget for Indy and all other American racing series.So if they do not sell those ARX-04b's,it will be a big hit on their budgets.

They are not called Honda ARX-04b because Honda isn't racing them or sponsor them.HPD/Wirth designed/built them with hopefully privateers paying for them.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3486333)   #3245
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They are not called Honda ARX-04b because Honda isn't racing them or sponsor them.HPD/Wirth designed/built them with hopefully privateers paying for them.

What is the marketing value of an "HPD" to the casual viewer. Why waste an opportunity to market Honda.
Old 19 Dec 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3486466)   #3246
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
From memory every homologated LMP2 car must be available with more than one engine choice
Old 19 Dec 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3486567)   #3247
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
From memory every homologated LMP2 car must be available with more than one engine choice
Makes sense entirely, but has Gibson/Zytek ever offered any alternative engine package?

Indeed has anyone other than Creation run a non Zytek (read Nissan) engine pack through the Reynard / DBA / Zytek / Creation / Ginetta / Zytek / Gibson (have I missed anything?) life of the package?

And OT, typing that does make me feel a little wistful that the Zytek name is slipping away - brought us a whole array of great memories.
Old 20 Dec 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3486591)   #3248
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Makes sense entirely, but has Gibson/Zytek ever offered any alternative engine package?

Indeed has anyone other than Creation run a non Zytek (read Nissan) engine pack through the Reynard / DBA / Zytek / Creation / Ginetta / Zytek / Gibson (have I missed anything?) life of the package?

And OT, typing that does make me feel a little wistful that the Zytek name is slipping away - brought us a whole array of great memories.
was there a Judd in the creation at some point, maybe in the intetsport or autocon?
Old 20 Dec 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3486598)   #3249
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
was there a Judd in the creation at some point, maybe in the intetsport or autocon?
Creation certainly ran a Judd (and then latterly an "AIM") - interestingly I remember a lot of skepticism coming out in some quarters about their shift to Judd in 2005(?) but clearly results gave the lie to that. Of course once Creations ended up in US hands the Judd persisted (and were there other variants? Don't think so but sure someone with recourse to interweb can confim).
Old 21 Dec 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3486885)   #3250
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Rodger Davies;3485136]Please lock in the current P2 regs for a few more years ACO/FIA/IMSA. I don't want this car to only be around for 2 years.

Rules stability is great but if they stay the same to long there's a tendency or design convergence toward whichever solution works best - the cars tend to get very similar.