Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Apr 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3727168)   #91
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
High tire pressures in the rear cost Bottas the race. He didn't look too pleased on the podium. What upsets me the most is now since Hamilton is head to head with Vettel that Merc is considering team orders this early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 Apr 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3727175)   #92
billy bleach
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
What circuit do you think that Bottas will take his first win at? I think it might be Austria - as he seemed strong there back in his Williams days. It's also a circuit that Lewis does seem to struggle with.
Monaco
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3727202)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bottas couldn't hold on due to his tyre pressures, which is a shame so he wisely took one for the team
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3727204)   #94
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
What circuit do you think that Bottas will take his first win at? I think it might be Austria - as he seemed strong there back in his Williams days. It's also a circuit that Lewis does seem to struggle with.

I'd say Canada, as a number of drivers have taken their maiden wins there (Villeneuve, Boutsen, Alesi, Hamilton, Kubica, Ricciardo), most of them when the lead car has run into problems
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3727212)   #95
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends when he's allowed to win.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3727217)   #96
Adam43
Race Official
20KPINAL

European Union
The Road to Rouen
Adam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or when he can drive quicker than the other drivers for a race!
Bottas's problem today was not that he wasn't allowed to win.

Nor will it be in the future when he pulls it off.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3727222)   #97
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
F1Guy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bottas was unlucky with the issue with his rear tyres before the race started. That was not his fault.

But after the first stop, he was on softer tyres than LH, yet could not catch SV, and could not get away from LH. Leading to the team asking him to let LH by.

I have no doubts that had VB caught SV, there would not have been a request to let LH by. And probably have won the race. VB just doesn't have what it takes to keep up with drivers like SV and LH. He is looking more and more like a number 2 driver.

Last edited by F1Guy; 16 Apr 2017 at 23:55.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3727247)   #98
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bottas might have had tyre pressure issues in the first stint, but what's his excuse for the next two? He couldn't pull away from Hamilton on super-softs and as soon as the bosses asked him to gtf out the way, Hamilton gapped him by seconds. He also had a better tyre strategy than LH with track position and undercutting.

20sec behind Vettel at the end, and that's with the SC gifting him time he would have lost without it.

Kimi should have been 3rd but as always Ferrari forgot to pit him.

That's two bad races for Bottas. Spinning under SC now leading from pole but having no pace over LH and SV.

The team can say "F--k Nico" all they like, but Nico won this race last year with Hamilton half a minute behind.

I still think Bottas will win a race this year though.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3727330)   #99
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Or when he can drive quicker than the other drivers for a race!
Bottas's problem today was not that he wasn't allowed to win.

Nor will it be in the future when he pulls it off.
Exactly. He was pretty disappointing....
Old 17 Apr 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3727338)   #100
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
early on in the season it was suggested that Bottas had 4 races to prove himself to the team. i suspect with Alonso now saying he will wait until the summer to make his decision, then Bottas has earned himself some more time.

being the loyal team mate i imagine has also helped his cause tremendously.

so with that in mind if he has earned himself an opportunity to prolong this match up into year 2 and even 3 then there will be more chances for him to beat LH.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3727411)   #101
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I'm sure he will, from time to time when he's able to raise his game, but he knows full well he's the #2 at Mercedes.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 23:54 (Ref:3727436)   #102
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless it was Vettel or Alonso at Mercedes, the driver replacing Rosberg was always going to be number 2. The team bosses would have known that right from when they signed him. If he came out of the truck beating Hamilton straight away and was looking like the main contender, perhaps at some stage of the season they would have made it more even or made Bottas #1, but he hasn't and odds are that was never going to happen. I suspect Nico was always the unofficial #2 as well, as soon as they signed Lewis in 2013 and he was beating Nico straight away.

Look at it another way, if both Rosberg and Hamilton retired last season, would Bottas now be their #1? I don't think so, they would have done whatever was required to poach Alonso from McLaren, or one of the RB boys as they're both at least as good as Bottas.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 06:25 (Ref:3727475)   #103
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
or one of the RB boys as they're both at least as good as Bottas.
Strongly disagree. They both are much better than Botass.

I posted THIS comment in this very thread before the season began. And I guess I was correct.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3727513)   #104
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Strongly disagree. They both are much better than Botass.

I posted THIS comment in this very thread before the season began. And I guess I was correct.
I would ask you to promise to publicly take back your words when Bottas defeats Hamilton, but I'm sure you'll be one of those people where if Bottas ever beats him there will always be some reason why Hamilton was hard done by. An example of this are those people who are saying Bottas only got pole because Hamilton made a mistake...
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3727549)   #105
F1Guy
Racer

Antarctica
Ok, you got yourself a deal.

I do solemnly swear that I will take back my words, and will also be Valerie Bottas' #1 fan if he beats Lewis Hamilton to the drivers championship, while they are team mates at Mercedes AMG F1.

The only thing I would like to bring up here is the issue of unreliability. It's no fault of the driver if he's engine, gearbox or any other component fails outside the control of the driver, and causes him to lose points. If VB has much more reliability issues than LH this year, then it's a no contest as far as this deal is concerned. And vice versa.

The only way VB is going to beat LH to the championship is if LH has more unreliability issues with his car than VB. Simples. Just as NR did last year. Or due to LH being taken out by a stupid move similar to Sainz on Stroll last round. Or Bottas on Hamilton Bahrain 2016.