Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3680966)   #76
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
presumably though both Diageo (Smirnoff and Royal Challenge i think) and now Heineken (i think they are now have the controlling share of United Spirits and United Breweries) still have interest in Formula 1.

of course they may choose to change teams or Heineken may be more happy with their deal directly with FOM, but i dont see these brands leaving formula 1 given that they still clearly think the sport is still a strong platform with which to advertise through.

that said, more worrisome for the team, i would think, is what happens when the Sahara sponsorship/money deal/well dries up?

i would support a Heineken title sponsor, a 'Force Amsterdam' renaming, sign up Max, and go back to that green that looked so good on the old Jordans.
Old 18 Oct 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3681136)   #77
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think United Spirits is controlled by Diageo, though I confess I find it hard to keep track of who owns what booze brands these days. So long as I can still buy them, that's the main thing.
Old 18 Oct 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3681148)   #78
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
...So long as I can still buy them, that's the main thing.
haha, cheers to that!
Old 18 Oct 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3681159)   #79
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBSchneiderFan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not that everything on Wikipedia is to be believed, but: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Spirits
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3727525)   #80
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vijay Mallya has been arested

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/58239693.cms
Old 18 Apr 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3727566)   #81
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!Paradise City is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
I guess you could say bad optics for the team, when the boss gets arrested.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3727574)   #82
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
they already have an owner under house arrest so nothing new here.

actually think its fair to say that the team has done better since their owners' have found themselves in all this legal trouble.

even a case to be made that once meddlesome owners are out of the picture, then the proper professionals will have the room necessary to carry on with the work of improving the team!
Old 19 Apr 2017, 02:38 (Ref:3727677)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Is Force India *really* worth $250m? Story Here
Old 19 Apr 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3727760)   #84
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It's a cliché, but the team is worth what people will pay for it. For $250 million, you get a mid-grid Formula 1 team with decent facilities.
Old 4 May 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3730976)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
David Brabham To Lead Consortium To Buy Force India?

And rebrand it 'Brabham'
Old 4 May 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3731004)   #86
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
He should look into the option of crowdsourcing some funds to buy FI. Sell different levels of access, etc. It is sure to work!

Richard
Old 4 May 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3731063)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there where Brabham make their long awaited return to F1? They'd certainly be picking up where they left off as the last Brabham F1 car was pink!
Old 4 May 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3731075)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed I was thinking the same.
Old 4 May 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3731087)   #89
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
He should look into the option of crowdsourcing some funds to buy FI. Sell different levels of access, etc. It is sure to work!

Richard
Indeed - I was most surprised to find this is still running...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-brabham#/
Old 5 May 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3731168)   #90
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Richard
More Here

A E250m crowd funding exercise might be a stretch...