Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Apr 2017, 06:46 (Ref:3723889)   #876
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty sure it was just that the cars were delivered late. The cars which were all black had different rear end and rear lights on them, which suggests brand new builds. The cars with liveries all had last years lights on them.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3724139)   #877
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Two Frickadelli Porsches for VLN2 apparently.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3724224)   #878
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No Nissan for the N24http://sportscar365.com/other-series...ear-vln-debut/
Old 8 Apr 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3724634)   #879
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Lock the BoP in as it is now please. Don't dare to give breaks to Mercedes, BMW or Audi before the N24 at least.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3724638)   #880
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes are absolutely taking the **** with their VLN running, and everybody knows it.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3724658)   #881
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
So what caused the #28 Land R8 to drop so far behind when it was in the lead on the early parts of the Nordschleife? I assume it was fuel, but I had to step out just before the end so I didn't hear any confirmation.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3724943)   #882
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Connor de Phillippi confirmed on Twitter it was a fuel issue.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 21:59 (Ref:3725114)   #883
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
Connor de Phillippi confirmed on Twitter it was a fuel issue.
too bad to them tho!!!

I guess I think Porsche guys thinks that was the last lap before they crossed the finish line... and Audi eat them... luckily to them Audi fail about the fuel...
Old 13 Apr 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3726072)   #884
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Land Motorsport first thought it was a safety device malfunction, but now that they've figured it out lips are tight. It was fuel related, though, and I think they did ran out of fuel earlier than calculated because of something unusual.

I don't agree with locking in the BoP for AMG. Haribo Racing wasn't sandbagging. No idea why the other AMGs were so far behind, my guess is AMG let Haribo race to make sure they wouldn't be punished for sandbagging, while letting the other AMG teams test things. But I don't know, I'm just guessing.

Here's my VLN2 report: http://www.gt-report.com/2017/04/13/take-two/

I also have an interview with Lance David Arnold raging against the BoP and Fred Mako calling for sandbaggers to be punished coming up. Controversy inbound on GT REPORT, boyz!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3726155)   #885
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Land Motorsport first thought it was a safety device malfunction, but now that they've figured it out lips are tight. It was fuel related, though, and I think they did ran out of fuel earlier than calculated because of something unusual.

I don't agree with locking in the BoP for AMG. Haribo Racing wasn't sandbagging. No idea why the other AMGs were so far behind, my guess is AMG let Haribo race to make sure they wouldn't be punished for sandbagging, while letting the other AMG teams test things. But I don't know, I'm just guessing.

Here's my VLN2 report: http://www.gt-report.com/2017/04/13/take-two/

I also have an interview with Lance David Arnold raging against the BoP and Fred Mako calling for sandbaggers to be punished coming up. Controversy inbound on GT REPORT, boyz!
Excellent reporting as always, looking for ward to the BOP rage!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3726179)   #886
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I did a bit of asking around, and have come to the conclusion that AMG are not sandbagging. Definitely not Haribo, and neither is Black Falcon. The problem is indeed the top speed. But more on that later
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3726194)   #887
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Here we go, Lance David Arnold on the AMG's BoP: http://www.gt-report.com/2017/04/13/...to-a-gunfight/

If you speak German and you're wondering why this sounds so similar to what he told VLN-Fanpage (and which was later published in a written article by SCI), it's because we went looking for the Haribo drivers together and I did my interview immediately after theirs.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3726196)   #888
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
After last years BoP antics, I find it hard to believe to be honest. And if I'm being blunt, maybe after what happened at Spa, this is how it should be.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3726198)   #889
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'd believe them to be honest, this isn't the first race or series where the AMG GT has been found wanting for top speed. But the car is very good in all other respects, and in true Mario Kart fashion, that has to be evened out somewhere.

Nobody outside of Audi was complaining when the R8 would routinely be passed down any straight longer than a toothpick. This is the reality of BoP racing - the problem is that as the stakes have been raised, the "answer" everyone has reached is to keep something in reserve until the most important race.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 22:52 (Ref:3726234)   #890
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
After last years BoP antics, I find it hard to believe to be honest. And if I'm being blunt, maybe after what happened at Spa, this is how it should be.
We'll see. AMG might not only trying to fool us, but the drivers and teams as well.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3726282)   #891
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
They've cried wolf too many times to taken seriously, last year's N24 BoP was ridiculous. I'm hoping they leave it as it was for the last VLN race.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 14 Apr 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3726467)   #892
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
I also talked with Connor De Phillippi after the race. No BoP moaning from him, but he did had one other little complaint: Retiring from the lead in the final kilometers

http://www.gt-report.com/2017/04/14/...ns-unrewarded/
Old 15 Apr 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3726532)   #893
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD

My favorite VLN2 photo, I think

More here: http://www.gt-report.com/wp-content/.../gtxm_7408.jpg

Regarding the AMG's BoP, I've been told that during the test last Monday one AMG was running Audi lap times and nearly the same top speed. The other AMGs slow as ****, one of them being the Haribo AMG. But that's just what I've heard.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3727031)   #894
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Some more VLN stuff for all of you.

First, Fred Makowiecki being a bit harsh on sandbaggers, saying they should be punished (or is he right and should they be?): http://www.gt-report.com/2017/04/16/...d-be-punished/

And the first of what I hope will be three drivers writing a regular column for us. First up is Bradley Philpot, who races the Nett Peugeot TCR: http://www.gt-report.com/2017/04/16/...y-opportunity/
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3727147)   #895
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Sand bagging should be punished. It's pretending to be slow so the organisers make your car faster. You're trying to win by being given a better car than everybody else. How is that fair?

The problem is they all do it, and how do you absolutely prove someone is doing it to punish them?
Old 16 Apr 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3727174)   #896
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
They have it easier at VLN. Running the same cars in the same track. If a car is a % off from the mean of previous races let's place him a 275kg ballast.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3727340)   #897
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Not sure sandbagging should be punished, although I wouldn't argue vehemently against it. Their punishment should just be poor BoP for the next year. Audi have suffered this at Spa a couple of times, but it's just because they've cried wolf too many times.

The organisers are partly responsible: the BoP changes are often way too drastic and simultaneously punish 'quick' cars and reward 'slow' ones. Therefore, instead of edging them together, there's often a huge swing from one side to the other.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3727869)   #898
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
DMSB has just given AMG more power and Porsche less. Glad I'm in Monza and not at the Ring this weekend lol
Old 20 Apr 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3727943)   #899
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
DMSB has just given AMG more power and Porsche less. Glad I'm in Monza and not at the Ring this weekend lol
It's like watching a TV show that has the same format every week. How are they falling for this again...?
Old 21 Apr 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3728244)   #900
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got a link and uk start time for tomorrow's race? Cheers.