Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Apr 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3728161)   #31
ModelT
Rookie

ModelT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
The engine package deal is interesting, that's an awful lot of money for what's actually quite a standard engine package. Does it include the rebuild costs which would have to occur at least once during the season? Does it include a spare engine which will be a necessity? What about the gearbox & bellhousing? Still not enough info yet but that cost definitely caught my interest so I'm keen to know all the details which that cost accounts for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am also curious as to what this engine package includes for the quoted price?

All the race season rebuilds, testing mileage to a limit, a spare engine with the team (absolute essential one would think)?

There was some mention that this engine will be exclusive to Ginetta? Wonderful idea for Ginetta, but not so wonderful for Meccachrome if they don't sell any cars. I can see that becoming non exclusive very quickly then
Old 21 Apr 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3728176)   #32
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelT View Post
I am also curious as to what this engine package includes for the quoted price?

All the race season rebuilds, testing mileage to a limit, a spare engine with the team (absolute essential one would think)?

There was some mention that this engine will be exclusive to Ginetta? Wonderful idea for Ginetta, but not so wonderful for Meccachrome if they don't sell any cars. I can see that becoming non exclusive very quickly then
Yeah, I asked the question about the exclusivity in the Friday press conference and they appeared rather set on this being a Ginetta-only deal.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3728181)   #33
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Yeah, I asked the question about the exclusivity in the Friday press conference and they appeared rather set on this being a Ginetta-only deal.
I suppose the meccachrome business is in F2 and GP3.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3728559)   #34
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
does anybody know the price of the gibson leasing and if oreca/oak/dallara/riley new lmp2 chassis have a cost cap?
The LMP2 chassis cost cap is €483000.

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...rent-classes/4

And the Gibson costs €1250 per hour to run, whatever that means.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124807

Last edited by Mike E; 23 Apr 2017 at 07:07.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3728840)   #35
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcarbsmith should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcarbsmith should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the old regulations you can outright buy the engines for 86778 and have them rebuilt for 40500, but practically speaking everyone was leasing them anyways which is 1402/hour.
Old Yesterday, 22:33 (Ref:3736056)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTF110 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC getting early access to the windtunnel/cfd model. A new render is shown too.