Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 1 Sep 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2279388)   #16
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know to much about those very norhhern-held championships, since my knowledge of their languages is zero. But at the ETCC were quite a few Russians, so that championship must be reasonable.

Ideed next year there will be a Dutch GT-4 championship. I'm sure they have thought it trough, but I would have preferred an S2000-championship, and go to Belgium's (GT3) Belcar to see GT's.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2279396)   #17
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FYI: Just looked up the Russian TTC and they look indeed quite repectable. Here are the results of their last race.
http://www.motorsport.ru/rus/results...1600/1/result/
There's an (incomplete) English version of their site, but it helps you to figure out what is what in the Russian version.

IIRC the Focuses (Foci?!?) are the former-WTCC-cars and the Audi A4 might be from STCC. I wonder where the Civics are from. Did Team Halfords sell their cars last year?
Old 1 Sep 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2279513)   #18
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Also didn't the Netherlands opt for FIA-GT4 instead of Super2000 recently?
They did opt for the GT4 concept, but it wasn't instead of S2000. S2000 was never seriously discussed here as far as I know.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2279520)   #19
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing that can be said this may well be suicide
Old 1 Sep 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2279522)   #20
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
They did opt for the GT4 concept, but it wasn't instead of S2000. S2000 was never seriously discussed here as far as I know.
From the "Benelux-Touringcar-Championship"-Thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I read an interview with the competition manager of Zandvoort. In 2009 they want to start a new premier racing series. At the moment they focus on two options:
a) S2000 (and group N like JTCC?). Disadvantage is high costs
or
b) GT4

For both options they want involvement from importers and dealers.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2279551)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
IIRC the Focuses (Foci?!?) are the former-WTCC-cars and the Audi A4 might be from STCC. I wonder where the Civics are from. Did Team Halfords sell their cars last year?
Don't think so - however in the early days of WTCC there were some Civic (not current shape of course).
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2279560)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

From Flash Nielsen's column on touring car times:

Quote:
Rumor is that they will change the rules for 2009 and that we will see a complete silhouette car with common parts except for the engine that already has good regulations. If this is true, the DTM will take off and knock away the platform for WTCC immediately. I keep my fingers crossed, this could be the save for touring car racing in europe.
Wonder what he has to say about the Danish proposal.

Also, do we know, if the DTC-organizers plan a common (presumably GM-) engine for all cars, or if the engine will be manufacturer specific?
At the moment P&M are - afaik - an exclusive contractor of GM, it would be somewhat strange to see them built cars that promote other manufacturers either way, with ot without GM-engine.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2279569)   #23
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am told, that the cars will be technically generic, with common driveetrain and engine, buildt by P+M.

So the only parts relating to the marque, will be the bodyshell and other parts. Which might be the only way to go, as several of the manufacturers does not produce a V8. But I dont know for sure..

The Danish regulation is S2000, with national adjustments.

Interesting news from Janne Flash, it seems that the Nordic organizers has held more than one meeting. However, one thing Janne forgets is the fact, that if the cars should be buildt as a DTM car, the cost would be extreme?
Old 1 Sep 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2279588)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind

Interesting news from Janne Flash, it seems that the Nordic organizers has held more than one meeting. However, one thing Janne forgets is the fact, that if the cars should be buildt as a DTM car, the cost would be extreme?
Not exactly "news". The column was from early in the year I think.
You can read the full column here: http://touringcartimes.com/columns.php?id=2

Generic drive-train is bad news, however.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2279589)   #25
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Not exactly "news". The column was from early in the year I think.
You can read the full column here: http://touringcartimes.com/columns.php?id=2

Generic drive-train is bad news, however.
News for me anyway

About the generic drivetrain, I am honestly only assuming.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2279657)   #26
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Don't think so - however in the early days of WTCC there were some Civic (not current shape of course).
There were a couple (I'm not shure about the amount) in STCC as well, before Engström switched to the Accord.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2279660)   #27
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
There were a couple (I'm not shure about the amount) in STCC as well, before Engström switched to the Accord.
Tom Kristensen put in 2003 - 2004 two JAS Honda Civic Type-R racers in DTC acouple of years ago, under the K-Motorsport banner. one of them is racing in SSC now.

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 1 Sep 2008 at 19:26.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2279673)   #28
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Jens Edman has been a guestdriver in the Swedish Camaro Cup series this weekend. Apart from having fun back home, I dont think it is a coincident
Old 1 Sep 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2279707)   #29
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well its no seacret Edman wants to return to STCC, he was looking for a drive this year but didnt get a good enough offer, amongst others he talked to Opel Team Sweden, a shame that fell through, hope Opel will be back next season tho.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2279769)   #30
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
If they're planning that they are utterly stupid and they are murdering the sport. Touringcar racing is all about cars based on streetcars, not tubeframed V8's. Also the choice for V8's is a weird and dumb one: in a time where everybody is talking about the environment it would be much wiser to use a V6, throw in some ethanol and present it as a green concept to attract more sponsors and media attention.
So far I have yet to hear one fan busting loose to get to the race track because the race cars are running ethanol or diesel. Ultimately I believe people go to be entertained, not to save the environment. Nor do I think commercial sponsors really care much if a alternative fuel is used. If it's a big deal you can always run V8's on E85.

S2000 is okay, but I think everyone is getting bored with it. Plus it's not a big draw for crowds and manufacturers have been lukewarm about it. I've heard BMW may pull out of the WTCC and Alfa is already long gone.