Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 May 2015, 22:16 (Ref:3542277)   #16
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Doc Bundy

Richard
Not sure what Doc is doing now. Here's an interview I did with him late in his career. He is one of the most genuinely friendly guys that I've ever met.

He was a popular local driver near Road Atlanta with good prototype experience. He had driven the Corvette GTP and, at the time of this interview at the first Petit Le Mans, he was driving the Panoz Hybrid, Sparky. I was interested in both cars and drives and here's Doc telling great stories...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/plm_1998/bundy.htm

Note: some of the older links no longer work
Old 28 May 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3542287)   #17
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
He was in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo race at Silverstone last weekend.

Thanks.
Old 28 May 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3542299)   #18
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was also trying to figure out what ever happened to Juan Fangio ? who use to drive for Dan Gurney early to mid Ninties ?
Old 29 May 2015, 03:10 (Ref:3542348)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Not sure what Doc is doing now. Here's an interview I did with him late in his career. He is one of the most genuinely friendly guys that I've ever met.

He was a popular local driver near Road Atlanta with good prototype experience. He had driven the Corvette GTP and, at the time of this interview at the first Petit Le Mans, he was driving the Panoz Hybrid, Sparky. I was interested in both cars and drives and here's Doc telling great stories...

Great stuff!
Old 29 May 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3542474)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think all of these guys are retired and Google gives a bit of info...

Doc Bundy
Willy T Ribbs
Tom Gloy

90's US Trans-Am, GTP, etc.

Richard
Don't recall hearing his name this year, but the last two Mittys at Road ATL, think Doc Bundy won a class or two. So I believe he's at least tooling around in historics. That or I need another cup of coffee.

There's no better name in motorracing (or anything for that matter) than Willy T. Ribbs.

Good thread!
Old 29 May 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3542498)   #21
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert Doornbos?
Old 29 May 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3542513)   #22
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever happened to Lord Drayon and Jonny Cocker?

I know that they departed from their Lola to attempt to develop some sort of electric sportscar, but I've not heard anything since then.
Old 29 May 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3542516)   #23
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Preston Henn
seen him a few weeks ago..still owns the swap shop ...still filthy rich😮 he was in his new laferarri
Old 29 May 2015, 13:17 (Ref:3542517)   #24
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post

I know that they departed from their Lola to attempt to develop some sort of electric sportscar, but I've not heard anything since then.
i think cocker is racing in British gt with barwell, he also has his own tuning co.
Old 29 May 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3542531)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Justin Bell, son of Derek, decent driver and even did a TV show. Whatever happened to?
Old 29 May 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3542542)   #26
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Justin Bell, son of Derek, decent driver and even did a TV show. Whatever happened to?
Pit lane reporter for IMSA (I think?) recently. Seems he's pretty much retired from driving and is focusing on web and TV broadcasting stuff:
http://justin-bell-ucjj.squarespace.com/about/
Old 29 May 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3542680)   #27
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
i think cocker is racing in British gt with barwell, he also has his own tuning co.
Johnny Cocker was in the Team Russia by Barwell BMW Z4 at the Silverstone Blancpain Endurance race last weeekend.
Old 29 May 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3542690)   #28
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Robert Doornbos?
He spend years in court. His former sponsor (Muermans) sued him for millions claiming that the sponsorship was actually not a sponsorship but a loan. Doornbos won the case earlier this year, but since he spend years on this his career is over.

Some of the info in the case was pretty bizarre. Doornbos and his manager were not in the meeting with red bull for a contract the testing role in f1. Muermans was doing the contract talks and Doornbos was waiting outside. At the end Muermans comes out of the meeting saying it is a deal! Doornbos and his manager happy. During the ride home/to the airport they then find out that Muermans agreed to pay like 7 million euro for the test gig @ red bull. Which Doornbos felt was more then enough to get an actual ride in f1 at another team.
Apparently Muermans (a project developer) was working on a big project in Austria and wanted the red bull connection badly.
Old 29 May 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3542692)   #29
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
John Paul Jr suffers from Huntington's disease and his condition is constantly deteriorating.
Pffff terrible disease.
I've always wondered what John could have achieved in indycars without the legal problems. He was very impressive in his early years.
Old 29 May 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3542694)   #30
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is his father still alive ?