So, lets get 2017 cracking! We are many who are looking forward to what TCR in STCC can bring. There have already been lots of speculation.
We know Volvo are out, they wont have a TCR car ready for 2017, question is will they ever build a TCR car?
What we know already:
PWR Racing SEAT Dealer Team
- 3 cars, presumably for Kristoffersson, Haglöf and one more.
Lestrup Racing Team
- VW Golf for unnamed driver.
West Coast Racing
- Runs JAS Honda in TCR International, now without the Volvo contract in STCC bets are they will run a few Hondas here instead.
- Mattias Andersson wont have Dacia support for next year but has made his intentions clear, he wants to be in STCC in 2017. Hint, he has been a longtime Alfa driver, and Alfa has a TCR car, sort of.
- The Finnish team currently racing in TCR Germany has expressed intentions to race in STCC, so much STCC are actually eyeing expending the calendar for a race in Finland for 2017 already.
- Back in STCC with Nissan, but do Nissan have a TCR car?
- Switched from KIA to Ford this year for the reason Ford already had an TCR car, but now KIA also have one?
But the 1 million dollar question right now seem to be, who has got their hand on the brand new Audi RS3 TCR? Will KMS return with Audi?