Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3727577)   #181
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
i am assuming these are not Carey's comments in full but he is making an interesting point.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns36240.html

to me it sounds like Carey isnt so much concerned about the high price but whether or not F1/BE ever really delivered value/provided proper support to those who were paying for the race.

but then again i am conflicted...many of the new races and the ones who pay the higher sanctioning fees did so for the glory of their governments/regimes/personal egos so in that they got exactly what they paid for.

and imo, with Carey negotiating to put a race back in Turkey im not inclined to believe that he is doing much different to what BE has done.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3727578)   #182
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
unfortunately the FT website now operates behind a paywall, so I can't read that. Hopefully his comments will also be published elsewhere wher I can read them.
I think JA commented on what was said in the FT and includes some quotes from Carey...

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...-f1-promoters/

Richard
Old 18 Apr 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3727654)   #183
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
They weren't chatting about anything F1 related. I heard them discussing... dinner, I think. Something about a spit roast later that evening(??). Think I heard Horner volunteer to bring the roast, or was it.. be the roast(??). Not sure.

Anyways, this photo was taken later that evening, just before the three of them disappeared for a few hours. Horner barely had any clothing on in this photo. Very strange man.

Later on, Horner was spotted with a slight limp, and looked much paler in complexion. Was visibly shaken and spooked by something. Not quite sure what had happened to him.

Oh dear!
Methinks all 3 of them need to be wary of the company they keep!!
Old 19 Apr 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3727719)   #184
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Later on, Horner was spotted with a slight limp, and looked much paler in complexion. Was visibly shaken and spooked by something. Not quite sure what had happened to him.

Cheers F1Guy...!! I have my own thoughts!!