Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Mar 2017, 06:15 (Ref:3722052)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is indeed a fascinating stat, and that is a long period of time.

Just not underestimating Ludo's influence in this resurgent Penkse outfit.

Probably the keenest I have been on Tassie for a while - I suspect there might be some ding-dong battles, some controversial moves ending in tears, some flat spotted tyres... At least that is what I am hoping for!

Anybody else also keen to see how Nissan go? They seem to be stealthily moving up the grid, at 2 tracks that are very big on horsepower.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 07:37 (Ref:3722060)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... when will Mr Douglas get announced in #3 for Tasmania... its a little further across the strait than the AGP was for him... hopefully its earlier this time..
There was chat, not too far from LDM, that the Russell family will take over the car for an arranged number of events, based on their budget (starting from the Newcastle event, working backwards), and that Mr Douglas, and whoever else presumably, will continue to utilise the car in the offing.

At this point in time, LDM are barely keeping their heads above water under the existing arrangement for this car, but having Mr McNamara putting together last-minute deals, and former HMS designer Peter Hughes doing the last-minute artwork, they can't go too far wrong. On top of this, Mr Douglas has so far proven to be a safe pair of hands, keeping the thing out of the scenery for the most part.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 07:41 (Ref:3722061)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
At this point in time, LDM are barely keeping their heads above water under the existing arrangement for this car, but having Mr McNamara putting together last-minute deals, and former HMS designer Peter Hughes doing the last-minute artwork, they can't go too far wrong. On top of this, Mr Douglas has so far proven to be a safe pair of hands, keeping the thing out of the scenery for the most part.
Say what you will about S Mc, but he is a hard working servant for the Holden teams!
Old 28 Mar 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3722063)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There was chat, not too far from LDM, that the Russell family will take over the car for an arranged number of events, based on their budget (starting from the Newcastle event, working backwards), and that Mr Douglas, and whoever else presumably, will continue to utilise the car in the offing.

But jeez the LDM cars were slow in some of those races...
Old 28 Mar 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3722087)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are nursing some very tired equipment at the moment.

I also believe the deapth of engineering nouse in the team is a tad shallow.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3722090)   #21
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will LDM announce the signing of Fernando Alonso this week?

Could Fernando be a starter for Symmons Plains?
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3722100)   #22
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
They’ve got every bit of info about Triple Eight, ever’

just thought i would mention this stat from the above article

Possibly also a benefit from being at the front of the pits on a short track
If Ludo has left with info in his brain, well fair enough, but if he has left with his laptop and a bunch of info on the hard drive, surely that is a breach of any normal employment contract? If that's the case, RD isn't as smart as we all think. Summary: I think JDub is ****ing into the wind
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3722103)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
If Ludo has left with info in his brain, well fair enough, but if he has left with his laptop and a bunch of info on the hard drive, surely that is a breach of any normal employment contract? If that's the case, RD isn't as smart as we all think. Summary: I think JDub is ****ing into the wind
Of course there's no accusation that Ludo has taken information like that, but the guy was a key cog in 888 for _14_ years, and designed the FG Falcon aero, and all the 888 Commodores, and is famous for his demon tweaks. He will know the entire 888 philosophy, mostly because he was responsible for it!

If your enemy suddenly knows all your tricks, it has to make them stronger.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3722121)   #24
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They are nursing some very tired equipment at the moment.

I also believe the deapth of engineering nouse in the team is a tad shallow.
The loss of Campbell Little and Barry Hay was a big blow for the team. Funnily enough I saw somewhere that former v8 ute racer Gerard McLeod is now the engineer for #3 does anyone know if that's true? I know he's been working there but is it in that capacity or have I misread something?

Last edited by PS2244; 28 Mar 2017 at 11:37.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3722125)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

It's possible.

He engineered Mr Rullo last year.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 12:33 (Ref:3722137)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
The loss of Campbell Little and Barry Hay was a big blow for the team. Funnily enough I saw somewhere that former v8 ute racer Gerard McLeod is now the engineer for #3 does anyone know if that's true? I know he's been working there but is it in that capacity or have I misread something?
Can't be any worse than the rally navigator Britek used on their #26 car when the Pirtek rally program was in full swing..
Old 29 Mar 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3722375)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 29 Mar 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3722381)   #28
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And a number on the door - bonus!!!
Old 29 Mar 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3722392)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
And a number on the door - bonus!!!
front door and back door.

But the one on the front door doesnt meet the "standard"

well that's my hope
Old 29 Mar 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3722399)   #30
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post