Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 20 Apr 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3727986)   #121
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!Richard Casto is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
in fairness though, would the f1 press be any kinder if the Indy equivalent to Alonso decided to skip the 500 to run as a one off rookie in Monaco?
That is somewhat my point. There is someone who always thinks their narrow focus is all that matters. So yeah, someone somewhere within the F1 media circus would have something negative to say. No to mention some fans doing the same. It doesn't make them any less of an idiot however.

Richard
Old 20 Apr 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3727989)   #122
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It doesn't make them any less of an idiot however.
true that!
Old 20 Apr 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3728010)   #123
Adam43
Race Official
20KPINAL

European Union
The Road to Rouen
Adam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Rebutted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Roebuck also talks about those tha don't get it. Fortunately Alonso does.
http://www.autosport.com/premium/fea...-its-ignorance
Old 20 Apr 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3728036)   #124
ciscotex
Rookie

ciscotex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridciscotex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It's an article written by an American with very little clue about F1. Sadly like a lot of Americans ... from over there, only one country exists, the one they work in.

What else would you expect in all honesty?
No offense intended, but, sadly, I find this comment to be as ignorant, arrogant, and parochial as the article to which it refers. A couple of folks painting with a rather broad brush here, methinks.

I get a kick out of hearing the tweets and comments from top level drag racers, Indycar racers, IMSA and Pirelli racers, and the good ole boys of NASCAR all commenting intelligently on the F1 race du jour. The reality, over here at least, is that a lot of drivers and gearheads are motorsports fans in general, and are far more interested in (and familiar with) with worldwide motorsport than most writers focused on their narrow sphere of interest.

Ok. I'm off my soapbox now and off to work the MotoGP race this weekend at COTA. Hope I didn't gore too many sacred cows.

Paul
Old 20 Apr 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3728059)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It's an article written by an American with very little clue about F1. Sadly like a lot of Americans and sports writers from over there, only one country exists, the one they work in.

What else would you expect in all honesty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Ask Mr Andretti his view on her article...
Old 21 Apr 2017, 00:17 (Ref:3728063)   #126
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Has anybody from the media bothered to interview Jense on this magnificent opportunity to run the mobile chicane in Monaco?
Old 21 Apr 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3728066)   #127
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Rebutted:

Roebuck also talks about those tha don't get it. Fortunately Alonso does.
http://www.autosport.com/premium/fea...-its-ignorance
Unfortunately, I can't read most of all the Roebuck article as it's subscription only.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3728095)   #128
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscotex View Post
No offense intended, but, sadly, I find this comment to be as ignorant, arrogant, and parochial as the article to which it refers. A couple of folks painting with a rather broad brush here, methinks.

I get a kick out of hearing the tweets and comments from top level drag racers, Indycar racers, IMSA and Pirelli racers, and the good ole boys of NASCAR all commenting intelligently on the F1 race du jour. The reality, over here at least, is that a lot of drivers and gearheads are motorsports fans in general, and are far more interested in (and familiar with) with worldwide motorsport than most writers focused on their narrow sphere of interest.

Ok. I'm off my soapbox now and off to work the MotoGP race this weekend at COTA. Hope I didn't gore too many sacred cows.

Paul
+1

I take it some don't realize they sound like the type they describe.

jimclark
Old 21 Apr 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3728097)   #129
Adam43
Race Official
20KPINAL

European Union
The Road to Rouen
Adam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Unfortunately, I can't read most of all the Roebuck article as it's subscription only.
It's the same as in the magazine if you get a copy of that.

Basically it says F1 should get over itself if it thinks Alonso is daft for missing the Monaco GP to do this. It also remembers when Cooper and Brabham did it the season they were uncompetitive.

In the same magazine there is a long arryicle about how it came about. It basically started as an throwaway remark that got serious. It is interesting how quickly it happened.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3728102)   #130
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Has anybody from the media bothered to interview Jense on this magnificent opportunity to run the mobile chicane in Monaco?
Presumably it assures his monthly stipend from the team continues to land in his bank account....
Old 21 Apr 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3728117)   #131
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's the same as in the magazine if you get a copy of that.

Basically it says F1 should get over itself if it thinks Alonso is daft for missing the Monaco GP to do this. It also remembers when Cooper and Brabham did it the season they were uncompetitive.

In the same magazine there is a long arryicle about how it came about. It basically started as an throwaway remark that got serious. It is interesting how quickly it happened.
Thanks for the synopsis.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3728134)   #132
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Alonso gets to pre-test with Andretti Autosport before the ROP.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129088
Old 21 Apr 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3728149)   #133
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Alonso gets to pre-test with Andretti Autosport before the ROP.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129088
Good, he should spend every second he can find burning around ovals, I see they have identified traffic as a particular problem too.

Great initiative, hope it is well done, looks promising.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3728164)   #134
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm glad he's fitted the test in, I look forward to see how he gets on. Getting more and more exciting
Old 21 Apr 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3728208)   #135
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Good, he should spend every second he can find burning around ovals, I see they have identified traffic as a particular problem too.

Great initiative, hope it is well done, looks promising.
He'll have no problem with the "circuit". Not being used to the traffic is the thing.
I think he will acclimate. Jimmy did in '63 & '65, Graham did in'66, Nigel did in '93.....

jimclark