Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What will Ross do? (in your opinion)
Go to McLaren 4 10.53%
Go to another team 1 2.63%
Stay at Ferrari 16 42.11%
Retire 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2004, 13:31 (Ref:962485)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No. Ron Dennis is not arrogant. I think Ron is a great man.
Old 6 May 2004, 13:42 (Ref:962495)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DR?

Old 6 May 2004, 14:30 (Ref:962530)   #18
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Ross Brown is a little arrogant. He thinks he is the best engineer out there. I am not sure whether he will retire alongwith Michael, I do believe that when Michael hangs his boots, Brown will give it a serious thought as well. He is what he is today because of Michael Schumacher. Thats why a critic once said:

"Ross did not make Michael, Michael made a Ross Brawn".
Old 6 May 2004, 15:24 (Ref:962582)   #19
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the impending departure of RD (yes very possible at the end of the year according to many with F1 circles, aparently), perhaps Mclaren will need a new leader.
Old 6 May 2004, 15:27 (Ref:962585)   #20
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just teasing, KB - although he's not my fave guy. I wish he'd smile once in a while.
Old 6 May 2004, 15:37 (Ref:962595)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm,

I saw him in a talk show from Christmas time. He was pretty level headed and although speaking from a superior position came across as an enthusiast. A bit like RD. So I guess it would be in his mind to take on another challenge if he feels like it. I don't view him as a "Barnard" or a "Newey" in terms of engineering, but more as a "Head" (Patrick). The perception can change of course but his smile when Button got his pole last time out appeared genuine.
Old 6 May 2004, 15:47 (Ref:962601)   #22
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he will continue working for Ferrari until he retires.
Old 6 May 2004, 15:48 (Ref:962602)   #23
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
I think Ross Brown is a little arrogant.
confident
Old 6 May 2004, 15:49 (Ref:962605)   #24
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When MS retires Roos willprobably give him his job, and take what now is done by Jean Todt; this is the most likely hypothesis.

About him passing to Jaguar, nobody has mentioned that, round Jaguar's headquarter he would never find the same excellent food he gets at maranello wherever he may go for a lunch.
Considering Ross' tonnage and his eating attitude this kind of detail cannot be underestimated
Old 6 May 2004, 15:54 (Ref:962608)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
About him passing to Jaguar, nobody has mentioned that, round Jaguar's headquarter he would never find the same excellent food he gets at maranello wherever he may go for a lunch.

Considering Ross' tonnage and his eating attitude this kind of detail cannot be underestimated
Although the buffet lunch at Jaguar Racing HQ was very nice, I think I know what you mean...

P.S. tonnage ??? That's usually reserved for ocean liners, but seems curiously relevant!...
Old 6 May 2004, 16:02 (Ref:962615)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Just teasing, KB - although he's not my fave guy. I wish he'd smile once in a while.
Next time a McLaren driver gets on the top step of the podium we'll see him smile again, when that is, is anyones guess
Old 6 May 2004, 17:04 (Ref:962670)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Although the buffet lunch at Jaguar Racing HQ was very nice, I think I know what you mean...

P.S. tonnage ??? That's usually reserved for ocean liners, but seems curiously relevant!...
You exactly got it garc!
Old 7 May 2004, 09:27 (Ref:963197)   #28
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Next time a McLaren driver gets on the top step of the podium we'll see him smile again, when that is, is anyones guess
Not this year - and after that might be too late, if the retirement rumours are true. Ron Dennis never to smile again!
Old 7 May 2004, 09:40 (Ref:963209)   #29
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
He clearly stated he'll never quit as a loser
Old 19 Oct 2015, 04:28 (Ref:3584014)   #30
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what he's up to ? Or has he retired from full time motorsport ?