Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3342041)   #2551
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buttertubs, Hawes, Askrigg Common, Hardknott and Wrynose! dry stone walls, 4 minute sections, Targa timing. The memories come flooding back. Those really were the days!
Attached Thumbnails
Old Rally Pics 010.jpg   Old Rally Pics 002.jpg  
Old 9 Dec 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3342044)   #2552
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
Buttertubs, Hawes, Askrigg Common, Hardknott and Wrynose! dry stone walls, 4 minute sections, Targa timing. The memories come flooding back. Those really were the days!

Exactly Robert,fortunately Le Jog organisers use as many of the original sections as possible,excellent driving roads guaranteed.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3343676)   #2553
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Good call the mods deleting the Frank Gardiner SCA Camaro Post, all a bit cheeky wasn't it?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3343680)   #2554
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Listening to Sally Traffic's report on Radio 2 at about 7-25 this morning I was surprised by one of the warnings she gave 'phoned in by Zeff. It was about a delay near a tunnel on the A27 at Shoreham which gave me the first clue it was Zeff, which was then confirmed when she said the caller was 'Mustang'. Can't have been anyone else!
Old 13 Dec 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3343682)   #2555
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
nothing to do with me, I was watching the cricket.
The SOuthwick tunnel seems to be a magnet for crashes, god knows why.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3343704)   #2556
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good call the mods deleting the Frank Gardiner SCA Camaro Post, all a bit cheeky wasn't it?
Ops wrong its come back lol!
Old 13 Dec 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3343731)   #2557
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
nothing to do with me, I was watching the cricket.
The SOuthwick tunnel seems to be a magnet for crashes, god knows why.
What happened with the cricket then Joe
Old 13 Dec 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3343767)   #2558
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ops wrong its come back lol!
Where's that Al? Don't worry, found it.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 13 Dec 2013 at 17:38.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3343877)   #2559
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Do not ask about the cricket!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 05:10 (Ref:3343898)   #2560
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Do not ask about the cricket!
Why, what's happened with cricket?
Old 14 Dec 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3343899)   #2561
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't ask.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3343908)   #2562
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well the team on breakfast news say its looking good
Old 14 Dec 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3343910)   #2563
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well the team on breakfast news say its looking good
It is, for one team......
Old 14 Dec 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3343915)   #2564
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its hanging in the balance . . .Aussies haven't sat on their side of the see saw yet!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3343944)   #2565
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Cant believe we are ending the year on the "lighter side " talking about Cricket.Where's Bob Bauble when you need him.I guess he has already left to get to the Ace,.!!!!!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3343974)   #2566
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is in a Vauxhall Iain

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 14 Dec 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3343976)   #2567
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I used to post on a French historic racing forum a few years ago when I found a thread about an etype I used to own on there, I think one or two other people from here were members as well, does anyone remember it or have a link? Sorry it's a bit vague but all I can remember about it is that it was French and the background colours were orange.
Edite: Well forget that, It's amazing what entering your profile name into Google.fr can do
Old 14 Dec 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3343978)   #2568
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like a White Knight Sir Bauble rides to the rescue!

Yea verily, gadzooks! Avast ye scurvy knaves there is, I notice, a thread devoted to those pathetic souls who find people throwing a hard object at each other diverting, and regardless of creed or nationality they are far beyond all rational debate, so you transgressors, confine your whitterings to the appropriate place.

This is a 'Lighter Side', so let us never stray into the realms of controversy, depression, ranting or cricket.

Where is our moderator when he is needed? Always ready to chastise me should I allow a leavening of humour to creep into any subject he regards as 'serious', so why does he not leap to the defence of the principles of this thread? (Oops! I've started to rant!).

Anyway my Astra is a darn sight newer than most of the cars you chaps boast about, it's only 15 years old. So there

Yes! I drive a Vauxhall, one of a long string of such vehicles, and you all know how long a piece of string is.

When you live in Luton it compulsory to own some version of the marque's range.

Why did the clown go to the doctor's?

Because he was feeling funny!

What is the current roll call for the Ace Café gig, anyone keeping tabs? I'll bring me camera to record the happy event.

Well I tried Delta.

Bauble.

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Dec 2013 at 10:17. Reason: I am watching! - JT
Old 14 Dec 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3343979)   #2569
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
He is in a Vauxhall Iain
Ormesby St. Margaret? you must be joking mate.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3344047)   #2570
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Ormesby St. Margaret? you must be joking mate
No joke up here at the moment on the Norfolk coast, Im trying to hold back the sea. I checked earlier it's still a mile away, same as when I
moved here 10 years ago.

Bob, before moving up here I live for 54 years down the road from you, over the Hertfordshire boarder in Harpenden. Were I think it's against loacal by laws to drive 15 year old Astras

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 14 Dec 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3344054)   #2571
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
........ I moved here 10 years ago.
Another ten and you may- if you're lucky- be accepted as a local!

Old 14 Dec 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3344055)   #2572
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drive a Citroen C5, sorry but its all I can afford after having a new drive.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 14 Dec 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3344063)   #2573
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Only ten more years

Old 14 Dec 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3344068)   #2574
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
No joke up here at the moment on the Norfolk coast, Im trying to hold back the sea. I checked earlier it's still a mile away, same as when I
moved here 10 years ago.

Bob, before moving up here I live for 54 years down the road from you, over the Hertfordshire boarder in Harpenden. Were I think it's against loacal by laws to drive 15 year old Astras
If you lived in Harpenden you must have been what we called, 'a bit of a baron,'.

I understand there are so many cars in Norfolk nowadays that people no longer stop and stare when they see one. I wonder what became of all those red flags.

Bauble.

Oh! By the way I think you will find it should be You Nit, Too. (Big Grin)
Old 14 Dec 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3344069)   #2575
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Ooh! AH! Moy dear.